• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

shandy706

I'm gifting my OG Xbox to my niece when I get the Scorpio. I think that my brother in law will put it away until Christmas. She's Minecraft mad. So thrilled for her!

No not a guilt trip. It just hadn't crossed my mind. Would happily give it to a family member.

My Xbox One OG is going to my daughters' room. The One X will be in the living room with my PS4, NES classic, and SNES classic for some 4k goodness.

They'll be excited to have a Minecraft/Netflix/Slime Rancher/etc...machine in there.

I plan on cleaning off all the "adult/mature" (like GTA V) games that I have on it, and I'll be moving my external drives to the One X.

cackhyena

My Xbox One OG is going to my daughters' room. The One X will be in the living room with my PS4, NES classic, and SNES classic for some 4k goodness.

They'll be excited to have a Minecraft/Netflix/Slime Rancher/etc...machine in there.

I plan on cleaning off all the "adult/mature" (like GTA V) games that I have on it, and I'll be moving my external drives to the One X.

Can you have more than one external drive hooked up at a time?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
My OG Xbox One will remain connected to the main 1080P set in the living room. This way that set still has a Blu Ray player, access to Rock Band/guitar Hero and Lego Dimensions stuff for my wife. The smaller 49" 4K set I have on my desk that I have the PS4 Pro attached to will get the the Xbox One X as well.

Cc23830

If i dont have Prime will they still ship my order days before launch, or will i have to wait a few days after it releases.

i always recieve on day of launch from amazon uk. As i will this no doubt. I will be watching my delivery man pn the tracking page all day.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I am going to get a 4k TV and put it and the one X in the library room in my apartment where all my books are.

Haven't told my wife this plan yet :)

They do, dongled or with wifi direct build in! Dongled solutions still need a wire to the controller if you want to use the headset mic! Wifi direct headsets are completely wireless!

There was a news wire blog post recently on that subject

https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/05/new-xbox-wireless-gaming-headsets/

Awesome! Great news

I believe it should. Not 100% sure, but wouldn't see why not.

The Xbox One S and OG do not.This would be an upgrade and convenience for me to finally be able to use a wireless headset ive been using with my ps4 without having to buy another.

Colbert

Banned
The Xbox One S and OG do not.This would be an upgrade and convenience for me to finally be able to use a wireless headset ive been using with my ps4 without having to buy another.

All the headsets shown at the blog post support all devices of the Xbox One family.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
All the headsets shown at the blog post support all devices of the Xbox One family.

Good. I just got a pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 420x+ from Target here in the US at a sizeable discount in prep for getting the X. Would be terrible to think it wouldn't work.

Did Australia even get any pre orders? Joined the waiting list as soon as it became available and haven't heard anything. Both major retailers websites still only say to join the list.

Is it still even coming out in November here?

I am going to get a 4k TV and put it and the one X in the library room in my apartment where all my books are.

Haven't told my wife this plan yet :)

Well off to the study to read, darling. Please tell the Jeeves to pass by with a glass of sherry and some cheese crackers. Cheerio!

Did Australia even get any pre orders? Joined the waiting list as soon as it became available and haven't heard anything. Both major retailers websites still only say to join the list.

Yes and yes
You misses it. The PS edition was sold out super fast in some territories

Wait for the news on the regular editon.
You should be able to snag one

Raide

Got one of the WD Elements hdds, I usually don't have much installed at one time. If I am not playing it, I usually take it out. Currently just transferring over my stuff, ready for 1X launch.

Is there a performance drop/gain from running stuff externally for the moment?

derFeef

Got one of the WD Elements hdds, I usually don't have much installed at one time. If I am not playing it, I usually take it out. Currently just transferring over my stuff, ready for 1X launch.

Is there a performance drop/gain from running stuff externally for the moment?

I also use a WD Elements for my One and loading times are generally a bit better, but not overly so. I have my big games on the HDD and keep smaller ones on the system itself.

Raide

I also use a WD Elements for my One and loading times are generally a bit better, but not overly so. I have my big games on the HDD and keep smaller ones on the system itself.

So keeping BC and apps on the internal would be a good shout? Or just a preference thing?

i always recieve on day of launch from amazon uk. As i will this no doubt. I will be watching my delivery man pn the tracking page all day.

Thank you so much. I gave up my prime membership a little while back as i wasn't using it very much with Best Buy price matching everything. I just hope its the same hustle here in the states with Amazon shipping early for us non Prime members.

deadstar72

Neo Member
What do you all think of the Western Digital My Book external drives for the XBOX ONE X..was thinking about getting the 8TB drive just wasn't sure as far as speed if its better than the hard drive that will be coming with the XBOX ONE X

https://www.wdc.com/products/external-storage/my-book-new.html#WDBBGB0080HBK-NESN

Or maybe the Seagate Game Hub but Ive had too much experience with seagate to know they are not that reliable..and are noisy
I have the 8TB one which I use with my ps4 pro. No complaints so far, no appreciable speed difference that I've personally noticed. Unsure how it'll compare to the one x drive though

My kids currently use my Day One X1. I have an S in my study.

I would've traded in my Day One if my kids weren't using it. But seems a bit mean to remove their gaming until they finally get my S.

So I'll just sell my spare Xbox One once I've got my X.

I had an OG PS4 and Xbox One. My kids also had a Wii U. When I upgraded to the PS4 Pro I gave them the OG PS4. With the gamespot trade in deal I couldn't resist trading in the games and the PS4 which fully paid for my One X preorder. I had to talk the kids into being patient for me to give them the OG Xbox One since I'll pick up the One X at launch. It made sense anyway since most of the games they actually play are on the Xbox.

What kind of sizes can we expect from games with 4k assets? We have previously seen 100gb with 1080p. So 200gb for one game?

I want a slim external hdd. So thinking about Seagates 2tb hdd. That would be a total of 3tb and gotta be enough. I don't really keep my Gold games and remove the games I don't wish to keep. Previously though of sdd but prices are way too high atm.

KrisB

I've got friends and family that work at eb/jb Hi Fi and the stock allocation per store was very small. I was on the waiting list at ebgames but they got so little stock allocated it barely put a dent in the preorder list.

I ended up managing to snag one off the Microsoft site after refreshing constantly.

Any indication, even on Twitter, when Microsoft is going to open up the plain edition pre-orders? I thought it was supposed to be this month.

Any chance Microsoft will do custom orders of the X with more than 1TB

like someday I hope to see 4TB consoles or more, I hate the idea of using an external drive, so far I just uninstall and reinstall when I get close to maxing out

I imagine cyberpunk is probably 100 Plus gigs... Also guaranteed Halo 6/Gears 5

I have two of those connected to my Xbox1. One for media one for games their quiet,compact and speedy.

I'll probably get a bigger one before the X1X launch.

I've seen GAFers recommend the 4TB My Passsports for a larger size option. Around £130 or so UK I think.

Thank you both. Going this route.

Any indication, even on Twitter, when Microsoft is going to open up the plain edition pre-orders? I thought it was supposed to be this month.

I wish they would hurry and do it. I want to try to catch one at GameStop and trade in my son's Xbox there while that promo is going. If I don't have a preorder from there, then I don't need to bother.

Top Bottom