• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 |OT| Be Aggressive! Be Be Aggressive!

Awesome, I made it to Magnetic weapons in my current Commander run without a single death so far this time.

I'd make an optimistic comment about where this campaign is going, but that's asking for a triple pod-activation followed by an instant A-Team wipe.

Reinforcement pack DLC 1, Anarchy's Children, drops on the 17th:
lwIXoNM.jpg

There will also be a patch soon:
Additionally, we’re preparing a patch that will include performance optimizations and gameplay bug fixes. We will have more info to share on this very soon.

Sblargh

Banned
SOON

Those children look pretty anarchy.

Also, mods.
The flank preview mod (now called gotcha or something) now detects los on mission objectives, both the hacking and destroy kinds. It is beautiful and right now my top "why wasn't this on vanilla?" mod.

Mission debriefing mod is pretty cool. It shows you a lot more info on those long skyranger flights back home.

A recent mod gives more textures to sectoids. I like the idea of different cosmetic variations of enemies and I think that is a pretty good start.

Sblargh

Banned
Why does anyone want this? I stopped even color coding my classes after the first game. Just roll with whatever the random generator throws out. Customizing is a waste of time.

Because with the Random Rookies™ mod, you can have the incredible new Anarchy Children™ customization pack on randomly on your rookies without the need for that pesky manual customization.

Random Rookies™: giving value to your DLC.

Why does anyone want this? I stopped even color coding my classes after the first game. Just roll with whatever the random generator throws out. Customizing is a waste of time.
Because some people enjoy making their soldiers unique, especially when you can now save them to the character pool and have them import into your games.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The only customization I really do anymore is to name and color guns that I've upgraded. It makes it easier to organize my loadouts.

Weetrick

Because having my squad customized after my friends is the best part of XCOM.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, if you're on Rookie, since you're going solo you already have a 45% hidden bonus due to undermanning, which means 50% becomes 95% for a frog to be female.

Falk

that puzzling face
My calculations were incorrect. Rookie also gets a 1.2 modifier, so it's 60 + 45% = 105%.

And if that misses, the second frog would be 60 + 10 + 45 = 115%

Too bad it's capped at 95% so cartoon bro is still doomed.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
My calculations were incorrect. Rookie also gets a 1.2 modifier, so it's 60 + 45% = 105%.

And if that misses, the second frog would be 60 + 10 + 45 = 115%

Too bad it's capped at 95% so cartoon bro is still doomed.

It is well known that, in a pinch, 95% is 0%.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
"zip mode", hehehe.

"wet work is no longer retroactive" nuuuuu

"Kill Zone now respects concealment status" shit, I liked how it didn't do that. Made setting up traps much easier.

Here's the patch notes:
After installing the patch, we recommend all players to go into the graphics tab under options and select “Auto Detect Graphic Settings.” Installing the patch will not rewrite your graphic settings. Players must do this manually.

The XCOM team has been working hard to improve performance, balance, and stability issues reported by our fans. A big thank you to anyone who took the time to provide feedback and submit reports. We will continue to improve the XCOM 2 experience with additional updates and patches over the coming months.

*Required User Action: If you have mods enabled after installing the patch, launch it once, close the game, and launch it again. Players will only have to do this once. After the restart, the game will have initialized the patch to work with mods. While the majority of mods will operate in harmony with the patch, some mods may conflict with patch updates and will need to be updated to take advantage of the patch improvements.

Performance

Added Zip Mode gameplay option. While Zip Mode is enabled animation (like step outs & gremlin movements) speeds are significantly increased.
Normal movement animations are moderately increased.
Fixed an issue where shadow rendering during glam cam shot transitions was slowing down performance
Support for nVidia SLI and AMD Crossfire
Removed MSAA options from default presets and adjusted autodetect to target 40FPS instead of 30FPS
Reworked Light Clipping Manager
Particle Vertex Buffer Reallocation
Optimization to shadows in the Avenger
Enable triple buffering to fix VSync performance
Shadowed light fade out within Avenger; Disabled Post & Pre Mission cinematic lights not being used
Disabled shadow casting from character lights w/in Avenger
Reduced High Shadow Resolution - Reduce shadow resolution when set to HIGH to 1536, instead of 2048
Reduces the impact count of the Avatar Rifle
Removed a hitch that occurs when the camera enables/disables building visualizer
Deferred profile saves to next tick. This prevents multiple calls within the same frame from creating multiple requests to save the profile
After changing graphics settings, based on the selected preset, extra crew will be capped
Character head mesh optimized

Gameplay

Added a new recommended Steam Controller configuration with support for additional actions
Fixed an issue where VIP units would take damage when their origin location was damaged
Mimic beacon rebalance: Price increased to 75 (100 on legend, 3 corpses on legend). Mimic beacons can no longer take cover, and are guaranteed to be hit by enemy shots.
Fixed an issue where Promotion Earned text appeared before action is seen on screen
Fixed an issue that was preventing civilians from pathing to ladder tiles.
Fixed an issue where Character Pool choices like Class, Attitude, and props did not save
Fixed an issue where weapons did not keep names and customizations upon tier bump
Fixed an issue causing some scan timers to go into negative time
Engineering items that are full squad upgrades are now designated in the UI
Wet Work is no longer retroactive
Fixed an issue where strategy project timers reset if players started building a radio relay immediately after making contact with a region
Fixed an issue with POIs not spawning when first visiting the Geoscape if Beginner VO is turned off
Minimized action camera obstructions
Minimized camera look-at hopping during AI abilities
Fixed an issue where Psi abilities did not trigger death cams
Kill Zone now respects concealment status
Fixed an issue where the Ever Vigilant AWC perk did not work for Sharpshooters
Buildings don't cut down when tabbing through units
Fixed an exploit that skips the AI turn by spamming the END/BACKSPACE button while the Player's last action is being visualized
Rapid Fire and Chain Shot visualization optimized to get the second shot to fire faster
Fixed an issue where shot GHUD wings would close following a number of actions
Fixed an issue where crit chance would be negatively affected by shots with a success chance greater than 100
Graze is no longer a chance for 100% shots. Targets being shot by a concealed attacker cannot dodge.
Optimized Return Fire hits causing long delays
Optimized AI reveals causing long hangs
Optimized Wait actions causing long timeouts
Optimized falling unit visualization to timeout faster
Updated the Geoscape save description to use the localized HQ time, instead of previously used GMT game time
Fixed an issue with an invalid spawn point on a specific Retaliation mission plot
Destroyed cover does not take reduce % to-hit on enemies

Systems

Players will now be able to press “Load Anyways” when loading a save when the mods used are not present
New option to only use Character Pool creations until the pool is exhausted
Bulletproofing bad saves from causing main menu crashes
Fixed an issue causing hitches in strategy
CookerSync and FxdBuildTool changes to get CrashDumpPerssion tool to distribute – opt to send in crash dumps to Firaxis.
Destroy soldier pawns created during after action walkup sequence
Fix for out of bounds world data access in destructibleActor
Fixed an issue where players gets stuck in an infinite turn loop
Fixed an issue where armor customizations did not save

Graphics

Unit Highlighting Flash when targeting units
Removed “Stasis Lance” from subtitles

Multiplayer

MULTIPLAYER: Fixes slow communications with internet players resulting in delays between actions, turns, and end-of-game screen.
Added camera rotation to MP

mbpm1

Just got a 401 mb patch. Anyone know what this is?

Performance

Added Zip Mode gameplay option. While Zip Mode is enabled animation (like step outs & gremlin movements) speeds are significantly increased. Normal movement animations are moderately increased.
Fixed an issue where shadow rendering during glam cam shot transitions was slowing down performance
Support for nVidia SLI and AMD Crossfire
Removed MSAA options from default presets and adjusted autodetect to target 40FPS instead of 30FPS
Reworked Light Clipping Manager
Particle Vertex Buffer Reallocation
Optimization to shadows in the Avenger
Enable triple buffering to fix VSync performance
Shadowed light fade out within Avenger; Disabled Post & Pre Mission cinematic lights not being used
Disabled shadow casting from character lights w/in Avenger
Reduced High Shadow Resolution - Reduce shadow resolution when set to HIGH to 1536, instead of 2048
Reduces the impact count of the Avatar Rifle
Removed a hitch that occurs when the camera enables/disables building visualizer
Deferred profile saves to next tick. This prevents multiple calls within the same frame from creating multiple requests to save the profile
After changing graphics settings, based on the selected preset, extra crew will be capped
Character head mesh optimized
Gameplay

Added a new recommended Steam Controller configuration with support for additional actions
Fixed an issue where VIP units would take damage when their origin location was damaged
Mimic beacon rebalance: Price increased to 75 (100 on legend, 3 corpses on legend). Mimic beacons can no longer take cover, and are guaranteed to be hit by enemy shots.
Fixed an issue where Promotion Earned text appeared before action is seen on screen
Fixed an issue where Character Pool choices like Class, Attitude, and props did not save
Fixed an issue where weapons did not keep names and customizations upon tier bump
Fixed an issue causing some scan timers to go into negative time
Engineering items that are full squad upgrades are now designated in the UI
Fixed an issue where strategy project timers reset if players started building a radio relay immediately after making contact with a region
Fixed an issue with POIs not spawning when first visiting the Geoscape if Beginner VO is turned off
Minimized action camera obstructions
Minimized camera look-at hopping during AI abilities
Fixed an issue where Psi abilities did not trigger death cams
Fixed an issue where the Ever Vigilant AWC perk did not work for Sharpshooters
Buildings don't cut down when tabbing through units
Fixed an exploit that skips the AI turn by spamming the END/BACKSPACE button while the Player's last action is being visualized
Rapid Fire and Chain Shot visualization optimized to get the second shot to fire faster
Fixed an issue where shot GHUD wings would close following a number of actions
Fixed an issue where crit chance would be negatively affected by shots with a success chance greater than 100
Graze is no longer a chance for 100% shots. Targets being shot by a concealed attacker cannot dodge.
Optimized Return Fire hits causing long delays
Optimized AI reveals causing long hangs
Optimized Wait actions causing long timeouts
Optimized falling unit visualization to timeout faster
Updated the Geoscape save description to use the localized HQ time, instead of previously used GMT game time
Fixed an issue with an invalid spawn point on a specific Retaliation mission plot
Destroyed cover does not take reduce % to-hit on enemies
Systems

Players will now be able to press “Load Anyways” when loading a save when the mods used are not present
New option to only use Character Pool creations until the pool is exhausted
Bulletproofing bad saves from causing main menu crashes
Fixed an issue causing hitches in strategy
CookerSync and FxdBuildTool changes to get CrashDumpPerssion tool to distribute – opt to send in crash dumps to Firaxis.
Destroy soldier pawns created during after action walkup sequence
Fix for out of bounds world data access in destructibleActor
Fixed an issue where players gets stuck in an infinite turn loop
Fixed an issue where armor customizations did not save
Graphics

Unit Highlighting Flash when targeting units
Writing

Removed “Stasis Lance” from subtitles
Multiplayer

MULTIPLAYER: Fixes slow communications with internet players resulting in delays between actions, turns, and end-of-game screen.
Added camera rotation to MP

For people who can't see the site.

Lol zip mode is just a worse "Stop wasting my time"

Erheller

Gameplay highlights from skimming the notes

Some nice changes, but beacons just got crit. Too bad smoke grenades still don't work.

Wait...Kill Zone now respects concealment status. Did they just beaglerushfix it? No more kill zone ambushes? Not to sound like a jerkface, but why not just take concealment out of the game? I don't just abuse strategies in games, but taking out things like this in single player kinda annoys me.

Kinda posting as I read it here (heh), but I don't see anything about proximity mines only doing damage to pod leaders when in concealment.

Okay, what's Wet Work? Is that a GTS/Continent bonus I never got? And why would it matter if it's retroactive?

Also, why the fuck didn't they patch the Saturation Fire burning your guy alive thing or the Smoke Grenades?

mbpm1

Okay, what's Wet Work? Is that a GTS/Continent bonus I never got? And why would it matter if it's retroactive?

Also, why the fuck didn't they patch the Saturation Fire burning your guy alive thing or the Smoke Grenades?

GTS thing: 25% more exp from kills

Retroactively worked so some soldiers got free promotions when you got it automatically

Erheller

It's a GTS tactic that you can buy. It's something like 25% more exp for kills, which is really nice if it's retroactive (you can hold off on buying it instead of rushing for it).

Trey

"Fixed an issue where Promotion Earned text appeared before action is seen on screen"

awwww, I liked that. every once in a while you knew you have a guaranteed kill before you see it, like the old cinematic cutscenes.

"New option to only use Character Pool creations until the pool is exhausted"

nice.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Well, seems to be the same to me, but I have Nvidia inspector lock everything to 30fps, so it was already smooth before.

Changing the bacon cost to 3 faceless is inreresting, you still get your first bacon on the 2nd retaliation, but the 2nd one has to wait until the 4th now.

Top Bottom