• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several times where I needed to get by an enemy 20+ levels above me with aggro and I just casually walked on by just tilting the control stick. Is that an actual system? I've gotten pretty good at it lol.

okita

I just finished Chapter 5 and I have a few question about the plot :

-So all the people in NLA are robot copies right? There's no actual human there? If so why are some of the NPC so depressed about the death of their close ones? For them, when the lifehold is found they'll be reunited no? Or are they not aware of that?
-What did they tell the people of NLA that countdown was? Did no one seriously ask what that giant decreasing number meant? And if that info is supposed to be super top secret, why have it displayed so obviously?

1)
Lots of people died on Earth , perhaps these people were among them
2)
I think it's to everyone that know the truth be aware the clock is ticking and you can see it from afar

Mupod

Chapter 5 Done. Spoiler
KInda saw the twist coming, since they use certain words right at the start of the game to indicate you're a robot. The LifeHold information that the countdown is linked to the powersupply was utterly ruined by the annoyingly loud music blaring over the top.

Love the Man-non. So squeaky!

Every time I hear the Ma-non I hear this guy.

Daknight

Aparently, the marketing campain is suspended in France because of stock issue.

Game is selling well.

Giving the love for anime in France, this seems like a game they would love. If this is true, that sounds good. Hopefully it sells well so Monolith can keep making this kind of games.

Jarmel

Banned

-So all the people in NLA are robot copies right? There's no actual human there? If so why are some of the NPC so depressed about the death of their close ones? For them, when the lifehold is found they'll be reunited no? Or are they not aware of that?
-What did they tell the people of NLA that countdown was? Did no one seriously ask what that giant decreasing number meant? And if that info is supposed to be super top secret, why have it displayed so obviously?

Because the plot is fucking stupid.

Omnicent

You mean the thing that's been in the OP since Friday? :D

Seriously, you guys ...

GAF > Internet > GAF never ceases to amaze me lol.
Anyway, I'm still in Ch.4 and doing all he availble normal missions and affinity quests.
Started planting probes around Noctilum and those Hermit Tectinsula (camouflaged as giant rocks) can fuck right off. I'll jump over a ledge and get into a fight constantly. Those things are everywhere.

Thoraxes

xcx1owsi9.png

xcx2xishs.png

Man, and i'm still mostly just exploring.

It got posted before in the Eurogamer preview thread:

Soo... Was looking at Amazon.co.jp for artbooks and this popped up in my Recommendations.

Looks like a XCX artbook like the Monado Archives? :D

Complete with super adorable concept art of Lin.

914hGkxTS9L.jpg

Sorry if this was posted about already!

Also available on CDJapan if you prefer that. I want to refer to it as XenobladeX Secret Art Files (after the previous one). I will say: Tanaka's art is definitely better in 2D. The in-game models throw me off because I'm trying to see the 2D art that they'd be based on.

-MB-

My main issue with the music is still the actual vocalists themselves, as well as the lyrics - where Black Tar and Uncontrollable are concerned, they're essentially the only thing really wrong with them, moreso the former. Mixing and sound direction problems aside, the music itself works well enough with the game.

Since they had Mary McGlynn in the studio already for the localisation, they should have had her rerecord Uncontrollable...

They would need to have Sawano on board with such a change, which would never happen.
Musicians are very proud of their music you know, and won't just change stuff because some peopel don't like it.

Qurupeke

Okay people, never forget to bring a 4th member on your parties. Like never. I brought Hope with me and after 20+ tries I managed to beat the boss I was stuck on, really fast. She was even underleveled, not sure how she tipped the scale. The name is quite fitting, heh.

Time to grind and become overleveled because I really don't want to experience this again...

My game finally arrived. Made to the West Gate of New LA and yeah I'm bad at combat (in the last battle I died and had to leave Elma to finish everything off which she did one second before I would have been forced return to last landmark) and I'm too used to Splatoon when it comes to camera controls (not just the gyro but I play Splatoon on max sensitivity so everything else feels really slow).

I'm sure I'll get better eventually.

Harrier here, not much better than you. But I don't want to change because I love the melee bonus.
I thought the bonus was what you give people who scout you (as support option) rather than something you have yourself. Also the bonus is chance based. A rather obvious message pops up when it is active.

Aparently, the marketing campain is suspended in France because of stock issue.

Game is selling well.
Again a lesson for anyone who only looks at UK figures (which were a much better opening than the first game but terrible chart position).

Gala

How do I initiate the conversations with the cast (not talking about affinity quests). Several of them showed up on my NLA map, but I have no idea how to trigger them. Like a conversation at night with Lin in the hanger. Also can someone tell me the english name for these conversations? I play in german, but it would be helpful to know the english name if I have to search for them again.

How do I initiate the conversations with the cast. Several of them showed up on my NLA map, but I have no idea how to trigger them. Like a conversation at night with Lin in the hanger. Also can someone tell me the english name for these conversations? I play in german, but it would be helpful to know the english name if I have to search for them again.

Heart-to-Heart?

I thought the bonus was what you give people who scout you (as support option) rather than something you have yourself. Also the bonus is chance based. A rather obvious message pops up when it is active.

Oh really? I originally thought this is a passive bonus which increases all melee damage dealt. I am currently looking at the manual and it did not explain this. I need to see if I can find the message during battle.

Okay people, never forget to bring a 4th member on your parties. Like never. I brought Hope with me and after 20+ tries I managed to beat the boss I was stuck on, really fast. She was even underleveled, not sure how she tipped the scale. The name is quite fitting, heh.

Time to grind and become overleveled because I really don't want to experience this again...

I... played through all of chapter 5 without a fourth member. :X

I was really tired when I started it and misread the requirements. It was actually not that hard, but I was so pissed at myself that when I was done, I went back to the alien camp with a fourth member and massacred all of the Prones.

1)
Only select BLADE members know about it, NLA citizens think they are normal

Don't know about 2.

Post Chapter 5 Spoilers:
I get the impression they all know they are robots but most don't know what the countdown is for. I wonder if the intention for the countdown being displayed so prominently is to allow people to see it from afar. Not sure though.

As to why people may still be upset when one of their loved ones is destroyed, well, it's possible due to the circumstances with which they are faced that they may never see them again. Reaching the Lifehold core isn't assured at this point, especially with the alien threat in their way.

jorgejjvr

When a mission says a character is restricted does that mean they can't go or that those are the only choices for a 4th character?
Yeah they can't go

But I'm some instances it's because they will take part and join you regardless as part of the quest, or because they are the ones that need help

which is quite useless as it don't take into consideration all the augments and only look at the base stats (the big no. besides the icon)

I had a feeling it was fucking me over when I actually used their new armour sets and saw that everyone was performing worse than they did prior to the changes.

NeonZ

I don't think the average person knows that they don't have the lifehold, so I guess they just assume that people can't be brought back because they're dead for real somehow.

Ulysses 31

To my understanding:

NLA people know they're mimeosomes but they don't know what the countdown is for save for a select few.

Makonero

Got 30% of Oblivia last night. Whew! I got all the probes I could find/had the skill level to get, and then took out a few tyrants and found a few treasures. Once I realized that every hex has a "mission" to solve based on the icon, it all clicked and wasn't as tedious as some had mentioned. Although I am definitely taking a break from Oblivia for awhile! Hello Noctilim, I've missed you!

argh so many spoilers I want to read.

At the end of Chapter 1. Got to NLA and pretty much spent an hour and a half talking to people and filling up to Affinity Chart. Switched my class to Striker because of the equips I had, but I need to look more into the arts for the other classes.

Chaos17

Good afternoon guys,

I just saw my roomate doing a side quest for npc Lara Diva and I'm quite surprised with it. I didn't expected the outcome at all. That was really nice.

Is anyone else having trouble with the collection side quests? I'm on chapter 4 and still haven't completed a bunch of the very first side quests. I haven't picked up a single item for most of them, but I've explored about 2/3 of primordia!

Also I know that yesterday I said that I'd give all of my party the too of the line Armor. But there's one armor line that makes both males and females look silly as hell but it's the best option outside of making your own for my jaguars because they have potential boost.

Cleve

Post Chapter 5 Spoilers:
I get the impression they all know they are robots but most don't know what the countdown is for. I wonder if the intention for the countdown being displayed so prominently is to allow people to see it from afar. Not sure though.

As to why people may still be upset when one of their loved ones is destroyed, well, it's possible due to the circumstances with which they are faced that they may never see them again. Reaching the Lifehold core isn't assured at this point, especially with the alien threat in their way.

Sorry for the big spoiler quote, but that's the impression I got too. I think the dialogue may have been a bit confusing, but that's the interpretation that made sense to me.

As far as people being upset
when a loved one was destroyed, yeah, non-blade members aren't going to be issued another mio, so they may never see/interact with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom