• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

Thanks, much appreciated. It will help a lot of new and current players and CAWWWWW should be happy to get more people looking through and making use of his guide.

managed to squeeze it in there. OP is bursting at the seams in terms of char limit lol.

VandalD

I mean I can afford to buy the level 30 skells for my team and I when I reach the level but it just sounds overwhelming to now have to plan a whole new system with skells outside of the ground combat. I've been working so hard to perfect that, that I might genuinely just wait until someone starts posting the best builds for skells.

BTW for anyone that uses them, do skells level up with you or will a level 30 skell frame never be able to use a level 40 armor piece?
Skells don't level up. You have to buy ones that are higher level. And the ones at level 50 are pretty costly. I think the lowest light weight one was around 2.2 million.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah there ya go lol that's the name. I ended up keep doing missions with elma and it finally unlocked her heart. Now I'm on the search for her heart to heart 1 and I can't find her like in 5th guide it says elevator during noon and Nope nothing

Came here just to comment on this, i did the probe mission thing and i got some extra love so i was able to do the affinity mission, and well, I really liked it, when i saw the cutscene with irene it was the exact same cutscene monolithsoft did when they were doing that 4 part video series, I would have thiought that was a main story mission but no, it was a affinity mission, that just drives home how important affinity missions are to the game and beyond kinda the briefing room type deal, it was a high production cutscene and all.

I cant wait to do more affinity quests.

desu

Man I thought Noctilum would be the peak of environment+music, but Sylvalum blows it out of the water.

Yep, the music is absolutely fantastic, combined with the atmosphere of the area.

I am banging my face against the Chapter 10 boss and getting nowhere.

I lowered the difficulty when the game asked and I died faster the next time I fought it, what the hell am I supposed to do against it?

Do you have at least 2-3 Skells in your group?

I killed off those satellite dish that are on the outside (around 5 or 6) and then only a bit of the core was left (you only need to reach 50%).

Second phase is kind of the same with the dishes, then attach the core top part.

My awesome team mates lost their Skells already in the first phase so I had to take care of the boss and all the adds, kind of annoying.

Skells don't level up. You have to buy ones that are higher level. And the ones at level 50 are pretty costly. I think the lowest light weight one was around 2.2 million.

And after you beat the game you can make LV60 frames, so I wouldn't spend all my money on the LV50 versions.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh, also want to add incase anybody hasent figured it out, you can still scout player characters to be in your party during affinity quests, i did just that and that player character was also in the cutscenes, so thats nice to see.

Maybe people already know but I feel like the reward from the Booming Business quest chain is a must have.

Its L's affinity quest and it's reward is
an augement slot adding machine!!

Semajer

Fuck chapter 9. I've been switching between my fourth character trying to raise the affinity evenly, but it's just left everyone not named Elma or Lin underleveled, so I'm trying to do this fight with what amounts to three people.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I unlocked lvl 50 Skell frames. Look at the prices :(

CVxpee5U8AAu0kZ.jpg:large

Fuck chapter 9. I've been switching between my fourth character trying to raise the affinity evenly, but it's just left everyone not named Elma or Lin underleveled, so I'm trying to do this fight with what amounts to three people.

Umm, you can hire a Blade from the console outside the barracks.

When piloting a Skell in battle, occasionally the camera will swap to a cock pit mode and all of your ability cool downs will be refreshed. Anybody know what causes this? Is there a hidden stat that makes this effect pop more often?

Wiseblade

I'm finally taking my Skell License Exam!
And I already finished 2 objectives before it even started!
Yeah, the Skell licence process largely feels like it rewards people who have done a lot of exploration already. I immediately completed one of my tasks most were at least partially completed too. starting from scratch would be the absolute worst.

Zafir

I'm finally taking my Skell License Exam!
And I already finished 2 objectives before it even started! Go me!

Yeah, same.

Another was almost done too(was missing two items out of the fetch quest one).
Yeah, the Skell licence process largely feels like it rewards people who have done a lot of exploration already. I immediately completed one of my tasks most were at least partially completed too. starting from scratch would be the absolute worst.
Well, it's like everything in the game. The game wants you to do side stuff. I mean it's a good job I'm in the mood for it now(I quit MGSV/Mad Max earlier in the year because I wasn't in the mood to do side shit), otherwise I feel like I'd have given up on the game long ago.

random25

Great, enemies spawning behind me while I'm at a dead end...

...including a Tyrant? Oh well, let's do this!

Manage to kill the Tyrant, get killed by a nearly dead mephite...

:(

Got victimized of this too, though I survived this battle. They appear when you attempt at the treasure.

I'm really surprised I didn't try this out before, but in combining two different weapons from two different classes (once you max them out you can do this), you can make some seriously interesting combinations.

For instance I maxed both master mind and full metal jaguar, and the tp gain skill of the wing viper (Blood Sacrifice), is just what I needed to take advantage of the Master mind Ether Blast. I wonder what other powerful combos there are?

Got victimized of this too, though I survived this battle. They appear when you attempt at the treasure.

Same. I killed the tyrant then when I was about to die I ran away and abandoned my teammates, They respawned once I made it to safety.

Here is the trap I fell for that scared the crap out of me...Tyrant spoilers in nocturnia:

First I was walking along and then a damn flower turned into a monster (wasn't on the radar). So I jumped off the cliff into the water to escape it. When I finally out-swam it -- I was here:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69ipJqWkePaNtoe

I was like, ohh cool. Some sort of ancient structure. Let me see if I can go inside. I swam towards it. Then when I touched it, the Uncontrollable track kicks in and that thing freaking stood up and revealed itself to be a freaking Tyrant! IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! I tried to swim away as quickly as I could but it one shot my entire party.

Ulysses 31

Then I'm not using the playable characters, and I won't have access to their affinity missions.

Normal missions generally seems good for raising affinity with everyone in the party.

Im stuck at the Repair Job affinity quest, i need to find a puge or puges? where the hell are those?
When you find them, one of the drops is rare. Killed some for a while and didn't get a single of the three that are needed. Maybe it'll happen on its own later, like all the other collection quests.

Haunted

As if combat wasn't hectic and confusing enough (visually), cockpit time really fucks with my sense of direction. Just like with Overdrive I don't really know what the fuck is going on and just spam arts.

Chastten

Banned
As if combat wasn't hectic and confusing enough (visually), cockpit time really fucks with my sense of direction. Just like with Overdrive I don't really know what the fuck is going on and just spam arts.

This right here.

Don't even know why it happens or what I'm supposed to do. Love my mech, but this game is like a mystery movie. For every answer you get 5 new questions.

Xane

I wonder.. are you at least invulnerable during Cockpit Time? You cannot move, so it would be kinda dumb to die because of it.

Haunted

Great, enemies spawning behind me while I'm at a dead end...

...including a Tyrant? Oh well, let's do this!

Manage to kill the Tyrant, get killed by a nearly dead mephite...

:(
Though to be fair, that's an intentional ambush, not really "enemies spawning behind me".

Those mephite squirrels are designed to be "clever" in that sense, there's another cave where they lure you into a narrow dead end with a field action and then three high level ones block the only way out. :lol

This right here.

Don't even know why it happens or what I'm supposed to do. Love my mech, but this game is like a mystery movie. For every answer you get 5 new questions.
Don't get me wrong, I do love the idea of the cockpit view in theory, seeing the combat from another angle, hopping into the shoes of the pilot instead of the mech itself.

But it's just so confusing and enemies are usually right in your face and you can't see shit and hey I can still jump but not control the camera or get some distance to orient myse- oh it's already over again ok

When you find them, one of the drops is rare. Killed some for a while and didn't get a single of the three that are needed. Maybe it'll happen on its own later, like all the other collection quests.

Better solution: Buy it with reward tickets from the blade barrack's console. They are like 22 tickets each. You should have more than enough by the time you do that quest as well =)

Hagi

Same. I killed the tyrant then when I was about to die I ran away and abandoned my teammates, They respawned once I made it to safety.

Here is the trap I fell for that scared the crap out of me...Tyrant spoilers in nocturnia:

First I was walking along and then a damn flower turned into a monster (wasn't on the radar). So I jumped off the cliff into the water to escape it. When I finally out-swam it -- I was here:

I was like, ohh cool. Some sort of ancient structure. Let me see if I can go inside. I swam towards it. Then when I touched it, the Uncontrollable track kicks in and that thing freaking stood up and revealed itself to be a freaking Tyrant! IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! I tried to swim away as quickly as I could but it one shot my entire party.

lol this happened to me too. I was all "oh cool" then quickly changed to "SHIT SHIT SHIT SWIM FASTER"

Though to be fair, that's an intentional ambush, not really "enemies spawning behind me".

Those mephite squirrels are designed to be "clever" in that sense, there's another cave where they lure you into a narrow dead end with a field action and then three high level ones block the only way out. :lol

I know this kind of thing also happened in the original game and I have also encountered a mission in X in which you have to kill some baby piglets and then the mother shows up. Although in that latter case, I was already suspicious so I was not really caught of guard.

It has a small chance of happening every time you use an art. It basically lets you use any one art outside of the usual cooldown, so use your longest cooldown/biggest hit. The view does suck though, especially if you're locked on to some high part of the enemy and all you can see is sky.

R.D.Blax

I think at this point this tyrant managed to get everyone lol

Man, Monolith really took that "Daksha Shrine giant spider thing popping out of nowhere" moment from Xenoblade and ran with it in this game. They're freaking everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom