• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Where can I get 2 anhyddrous radiators?

Here : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.c...-chronicle-x-normal-mission-a-proper-chopper/

Is anyone else having trouble with the collection side quests? I'm on chapter 4 and still haven't completed a bunch of the very first side quests. I haven't picked up a single item for most of them, but I've explored about 2/3 of primordia!

If you're talking about Blade gathering quest that you get from the board, I suggest you to not do them and only take the quest when you've the items. It will save you time and effort.

Has anybody else done the "Alien Nation" sidequest (I'm about to do Chapter 8 so it's around that area of the game)? Don't click the spoilers if you haven't.

Leaving aside the fact that the content of the quest alone was pretty freaking dark (those Nopon corpses...), what the heck was up with the affinity gains for this quest? They didn't make any sense. I went back through it a few times and tried it with a bunch of party members (Elma, Lin, Hope, Gwin, Irina, L, Lao, and Doug) and why did almost every single one of them approve of murdering the pizza loving aliens in cold blood? I'm pretty sure Lin was the only one who actually liked it when you stepped in and stopped the killing, and L and Irina didn't care either way (while everybody else approved each kill). At the end, when you have the choice to approve or disapprove of the guy's actions, everybody other than Lao liked it when you approved, regardless of their thoughts previously. Did the devs mess up when they set this quest up? Maybe I'm missing something, but everybody was so out of character here.

desu

Btw if anyone is looking for a good spot to get to 60 fast. I get up to 3.5k EXP from a single enemy there. Only beware not to wake up the one near the treasure, that guy is 80+.

Noctilum in the northern end:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hiq50.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_gamepxzp9m.jpg

Skells don't level up. You have to buy ones that are higher level. And the ones at level 50 are pretty costly. I think the lowest light weight one was around 2.2 million.
Honestly this sounds like kind of a breather because it sounds like I can buy the level 30 skells for my party members and myself and then not worry about level 50 skells for anyone but myself because without research probes it sounds else impossible to do.

desu

Honestly this sounds like kind of a breather because it sounds like I can buy the level 30 skells for my party members and myself and then not worry about level 50 skells for anyone but myself because without research probes it sounds else impossible to do.

And don't forget that post game you can make LV60 frames yourself.

Also overall the LV50 versions dont seem to be worth it (imho). Buy LV30 and get yourself the best heavy LV30 (Amedusia), that one is pretty damn awesome.

Fandangox

To my understanding:

NLA people know they're mimeosomes but they don't know what the countdown is for save for a select few.

That's the case, the cutscene where Elma explains what the countdown is for pretty much makes it clear that is what she is referring to when talking about not letting everyone know about it.

I mean its very obvious, remember that they being mims is supposed to be so normal to the point Elma even forgot to consider Cross wouldn't remember it for having amnesia from the stasis.

So unless everyone else in NLA also has amnesia, Also I would think its safe to assume that the process it takes to become a mim is something they were aware of before and after being in the procedure.

R.D.Blax

Good afternoon guys,

I just saw my roomate doing a side quest for npc Lara Diva and I'm quite surprised with it. I didn't expected the outcome at all. That was really nice.

The definian sub quest ? Definitely one of my favorite, and it's not the only time you will meet them in these side quest

Has anybody else done the "Alien Nation" sidequest (I'm about to do Chapter 8 so it's around that area of the game)? Don't click the spoilers if you haven't.

Leaving aside the fact that the content of the quest alone was pretty freaking dark (those Nopon corpses...), what the heck was up with the affinity gains for this quest? They didn't make any sense. I went back through it a few times and tried it with a bunch of party members (Elma, Lin, Hope, Gwin, Irina, L, Lao, and Doug) and why did almost every single one of them approve of murdering the pizza loving aliens in cold blood? I'm pretty sure Lin was the only one who actually liked it when you stepped in and stopped the killing, and L and Irina didn't care either way (while everybody else approved each kill). At the end, when you have the choice to approve or disapprove of the guy's actions, everybody other than Lao liked it when you approved, regardless of their thoughts previously. Did the devs mess up when they set this quest up? Maybe I'm missing something, but everybody was so out of character here.

Yeah, I found it weird too. What I conclude from this is that everybody are secretly sadist

Watched this video yesterday but I don't get why people posted it besides remembering there's one guy at the beginning name dropping this game. Was he the artist?

Because the whole video is basically just talking about how they're treated as both foreigners and as 'ooh you're different I want to touch you' by Japanese people.

It's not that hard to understand really and it was only for that specific bit of the video, thus the timestamp. People are going wtf about the lyrics and this bit gets posted about a guy who wrote corny lyrics to the songs that were in games like Xenoblade X because that's what they wanted.

Baliis

I had HB, Lao & Doug in my party , so I just assumed they were a little Xenophobic.

Xenophobic. My god. 8-4 unredeemed.

There's also a quest though where
this crazy xenophobic lady becomes bffs with a ma-non
that was pretty heart warming, so I guess it all balances out.

NeonZ

How do I initiate the conversations with the cast (not talking about affinity quests). Several of them showed up on my NLA map, but I have no idea how to trigger them. Like a conversation at night with Lin in the hanger. Also can someone tell me the english name for these conversations? I play in german, but it would be helpful to know the english name if I have to search for them again.

You need to go to the location with the "Heart to Heart" without that character being in your party. They'll be standing there as a npc, and then the conversation will start.

If you're talking about Blade gathering quest that you get from the board, I suggest you to not do them and only take the quest when you've the items. It will save you time and effort.

Ok, I was just doing them because I seem a little underleveled. I keep running into enemies that are just crushing me. I guess I'll drop them and try to focus on the other side quests. Thanks!

Also overall the LV50 versions dont seem to be worth it (imho). Buy LV30 and get yourself the best heavy LV30 (Amedusia), that one is pretty damn awesome.

It's not that hard to understand really and it was only for that specific bit of the video, thus the timestamp. People are going wtf about the lyrics and this bit gets posted about a guy who wrote corny lyrics to the songs that were in games like Xenoblade X because that's what they wanted.

Ah. I must've missed it the first time around. To be fair a song basically scatting and a guy going "I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU" probably fits the bill.

Personally I actually enjoy how goofy the songs can be at points, similar to P4 in that regard. The difference is that where the P4 background songs for the town were endearing as they were non-offensive, there's only like 2 songs in NLA and the sound mixing in this game is probably the prime example of utter ass. I mean in this day and age who:

1. Puts loud escalating singing/screaming songs during dialogue scenes between NPCs to the point you can't hear shit unless you have subtitles on to read.

2. Doesn't allow you to lower/raise music/sound levels. This is my biggest offender.

I was gonna get the lvl 30 heavy to Lin and use the medium one for myself. Mainly because I still want to move relatively fast while going across the map, but the light model Skell actually moves a bit TOO speedy and it's impossible to control effectively in vehicle mode.

Wiseblade

There's also a quest though where
this crazy xenophobic lady becomes bffs with a ma-non
that was pretty heart warming, so I guess it all balances out.
Yeah, I've done that quest and felt like a Saturday morning special. Bozé is pretty Xenophobic too, so it unbalances out again.

Speaking of sidequests, I think the water purification plant line is my favourite so far. The ending gave me serious PSO vibes, which is a key indicator of quality in my eyes.

Chaos17

Ok, I was just doing them because I seem a little underleveled. I keep running into enemies that are just crushing me. I guess I'll drop them and try to focus on the other side quests. Thanks!

Yeah, I was doing the same like you until I realise how super random the drop rate is and mostly no indication where to find them. Also If you don't have access to a fast travel location to refresh the map where the items are supposed to be it can become a real pain.

By the way, when you get a quest directly from an npc asking you to get an item be sure to talk to him again after you accept his quest. He will usually tell you where to find it.

If you ran out of quests and still a bit underlevel, you can go plant probes as much as you're able to, benefit :
- gather item on the way
- unlock fast travel location (pretty handy)
- get free money and miranium passively (probes)

Though a lot of npc quests unlock after completing chapter 4.
Don't touch any affinity quests before you do that chapter and do Kristy tuto quests about the probes.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Btw if anyone is looking for a good spot to get to 60 fast. I get up to 3.5k EXP from a single enemy there. Only beware not to wake up the one near the treasure, that guy is 80+.
They are really tough. I'm level 42, any tips? My Skells aren't doing enough damage.

Jackano

Aparently, the marketing campain is suspended in France because of stock issue.

Game is selling well.

In the nearest Micormania in Paris, they had a suprising (for the Micromania guy) amount of pre-orders.
Also, they just had the exact amount of game for their pre-orders, no spare copies.

JoeFu

Banned
Got my skell last night. This game is so good. I was worried that the story and everything would be disappointing after reading what importers were saying, but this game is way more engrossing to me than Xenoblade was. I love the affinity missions and how they flesh out the characters more. I did the one with Tatsu meeting his family last night, almost made Tatsu bearable lol.

Got my skell last night. This game is so good. I was worried that the story and everything would be disappointing after reading what importers were saying, but this game is way more engrossing to me than Xenoblade was. I love the affinity missions and how they flesh out the characters more. I did the one with Tatsu meeting his family last night, almost made Tatsu bearable lol.

Kamina
is Tatsu's dad. :3

Ah. I must've missed it the first time around. To be fair a song basically scatting and a guy going "I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU" probably fits the bill.

Personally I actually enjoy how goofy the songs can be at points, similar to P4 in that regard. The difference is that where the P4 background songs for the town were endearing as they were non-offensive, there's only like 2 songs in NLA and the sound mixing in this game is probably the prime example of utter ass. I mean in this day and age who:

1. Puts loud escalating singing/screaming songs during dialogue scenes between NPCs to the point you can't hear shit unless you have subtitles on to read.

2. Doesn't allow you to lower/raise music/sound levels. This is my biggest offender.

Yeah, it's definitely on the sound design team regarding the mixing. They could have at least opted for non-vocal versions during cutscenes especially.

I'm actually kind of blindsided by how much I'm enjoying this game. XCX is just so much better than XC.

Sölf;188544476 said:
How can you already be there? I am still on 5, doing 6 now. To much stuff to do! D:

I think the only answer is that people find spots with relatively easy enemies that are a few levels above them, then grind them for fast EXP.

It really is almost a joke how basic missions give you like no EXP, and normal missions give you the same amount as defeating one enemy that is 2-3 levels above you. So basically these missions should only be done as means to get money.

Speaking of how the hell do I get research probes?

I've only had like 3 since the beginning of the game, but I keep getting mining probes.

void666

Banned
My WiiU has been collecting dust for months. Worst console purchase ever (for me).
This game seems interesting and by the impressions i've seen here it seems worth a try.

Because NLA is stupid, people pretend to live a pop life in the worst situation humanity has ever been. It's a parody of the American metropolis, the song itself seems like a parody of pop music, and by the way I dig that bass.

The freaking bass in the NLA song is so jammy.

I love it. I almost want it in Rock Band.

Jarmel

Banned
Because NLA is stupid, people pretend to live a pop life in the worst situation humanity has ever been. It's a parody of the American metropolis, the song itself seems like a parody of pop music, and by the way I dig that bass.

That might be the best description I've heard of NLA.

Dineren

Banned
I think the only answer is that people find spots with relatively easy enemies that are a few levels above them, then grind them for fast EXP.

It really is almost a joke how basic missions give you like no EXP, and normal missions give you the same amount as defeating one enemy that is 2-3 levels above you. So basically these missions should only be done as means to get money.

I wish I had noticed this sooner. I wasted a bunch of time doing missions to level before I noticed how low the exp reward was. When I finally started just killing stuff it takes no time at all.

Makonero

Speaking of how the hell do I get research probes?

I've only had like 3 since the beginning of the game, but I keep getting mining probes.

Probes are found as rewards for "treasure" in the field. Spend some time exploring and every time a yellow box shows up on the mini-map, go find it and unlock it. I've kept pace with the number of probes and have no basic probes in the field at the moment. Certain hexes will have the sparkly icon, which means there is treasure in that hex. Also, be sure to level up your skill in Mechanical (and then archeological and biological) by talking to Eleonora on the BLADE concourse.

Sölf

I have a question regarding affinity. What exactly gives you affinity? I know you get it from:

- Finishing Red ? quests.
- The options you can choose from during dialogues, depending on the character.
- Story and Affinity quests.
- Affinty Dialogues you get for each character.

I also got it after finishing some quests, Tyrant kill quests? Or gives killing a Tyrant + affinity? The normal missions don't boost it as far as I know. Also, what about the Squad missions if you do them solo. Do they give you bonus affinity?

Research nodes are for improving the money income for a spot, right?

I don't see a "research" ranking or anything that fits so I'm assuming so. I have NO idea what a battle drone does or where to even get them.

Also I do not like the gathering missions. I have no idea where acorn abacuses are, especially since the shit is all random crystals, and unless I'm missing something there isn't anything in game even telling me a region to get them. I get the "oh cool I found the thing" aspect but I'm not enjoying that.

I AM enjoying the game itself, though. Once I have a character in my reserve unit are they there or do I have to go find them each time I progress? like, do they reset or can I just leave them in my party?

I want to be the javelin class so I took irina as well as elma and lin, since I read you need those 2 for most of the story shit anyway.

Jarmel

Banned
I'll wtite a lengthy post once I'm finished but this is by far the worst story I've played from Takahashi. I haven't beaten Xenosaga though. I love elements of it to death and it feels like Mass Effect at times but it blows chunks in general.

The game needed another strong character to push back against Elma and there's essentially no core character arc like Shulk's.

Since you can only have 20 basic quests active at a time anyway, it's more beneficial to stock up on the bounty quests so that the enemies will be labeled in the field, and like they said grab the gathering quests after checking to see if you have all the items first.

Makonero

Does anyone know good locations for the research probes?

Each probe location has a grade for Production and Revenue, and also mentions if there's a sightseeing spot you've found there. Places with higher Revenue or sightseeing spots are the best for research, but there aren't many of those. Good luck!

RulkezX

How's off tv play? I was gonna pick it up later but unless I pay this mostly off tv I'll be restricted to an hour or so at night after the kids and wife are off to bed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been enjoying my first mech (haven't hit level 30 on the main yet). Bought some super expensive back sword that has a 9000 attack, and somewhere must have picked up a sniper rifle drop that has a 12000 attack.

Mech definitely seems to be around just to be used as a leveling up device for characters you don't use.

I can hear X Gon Give it to Ya while dropping fools with this thing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How's off tv play? I was gonna pick it up later but unless I pay this mostly off tv I'll be restricted to an hour or so at night after the kids and wife are off to bed.

Works really great, but I miss the map a lot. I tend to just switch between off-tv and on-tv when I need to look at / use it, which is fine, but not perfect.

Qurupeke

I just realized that Probes need money in order to change their function... I lost all my money in Skells and now once again. :( At least I now habe a fuel Probe.

aravuus

Noctilum in the northern end:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hiq50.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_gamepxzp9m.jpg

Do I need a flying skell to get to the northern part? If not, where the heck CAN I get there lol? All I'm seeing is this big ass waterfall

Fandangox

I don't have a tv so I have been playing off tv only. Only a bit annoying in that you have to touch the screen and send the image to the tv so you can access the map from the pad and some text is REALLY hard to read on the small screen, other than that, it plays just fine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom