• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised I didn't try this out before, but in combining two different weapons from two different classes (once you max them out you can do this), you can make some seriously interesting combinations.

For instance I maxed both master mind and full metal jaguar, and the tp gain skill of the wing viper (Blood Sacrifice), is just what I needed to take advantage of the Master mind Ether Blast. I wonder what other powerful combos there are?
I wish you could carry two melee weapons. I'd go with saber / longsword.

Nbz

Hey folks, trying to unlock the first chapter 4 mission and it requires me to "Survey" 15% of Primordia. Anyone know what exactly counts as surveying? Does it mean planting probes, or just finding landmarks?

Kinsei

Banned
Hey folks, trying to unlock the first chapter 4 mission and it requires me to "Survey" 15% of Primordia. Anyone know what exactly counts as surveying? Does it mean planting probes, or just finding landmarks?

It means completing the hexagons. In the probe sections you need to place a probe, in the wolf head sections you need to kill a specific tyrant, in the sparkle sections you need to get a specific treasure, in the page sections you need to complete a specific quest, and in the handshake sections you need to complete a specific affinity quest.

Primarily probes, but finding hidden areas and landmarks also add to it, I believe.

Nm listen to Kinsei ^^^

Haunted

It means completing the hexagons. In the probe sections you need to place a probe, in the wolf head sections you need to kill a specific tyrant, in the sparkle sections you need to get a specific treasure, in the page sections you need to complete a specific quest, and in the handshake sections you need to complete a specific affinity quest.
But since there's no way to know which quests and affinity quests taken in NLA are going to end up on which hexagon, the latter two are a complete crapshoot.

When looking to increase your survey % early-ish on, I think your highest priority should be of course planting probes, just so you can scope out what needs doing in every segment, and then going treasure hunting for field actions while being on the lookout for low-level, beatable tyrants in their respective segments.

Q: does finding landmarks and sightseeing spots increase the survey % at all?

Oh, also want to add incase anybody hasent figured it out, you can still scout player characters to be in your party during affinity quests, i did just that and that player character was also in the cutscenes, so thats nice to see.

Given the NPC levels don't improve on their own, and all the affinity stuff, shouldn't you just always use the main NPCs for everything? I feel like scouting other players is kinda useless.

Nbz

Thank you! They really should explain stuff like this more obviously Digging through that manual is a pain

Mendrox

When you find them, one of the drops is rare. Killed some for a while and didn't get a single of the three that are needed. Maybe it'll happen on its own later, like all the other collection quests.

Again... for everyone because it seems that some people just don't know it:

- enemies drop loot after you defeat them normaly
- enemies drop certain loot after destroying certain body parts
- some loot like the drop which you need from the puges is only rewarded by destroying body parts
- for this quest you have to destroy the left and the right arm before killing the puges (or robots as I call them)

Or you just buy them with tickets, but I would suggest to keep your tickets for other way more stupid quests.

I don't get what should be wrong about this game's music, beside 2 edgy tracks. Primordia, Oblivia and Noctilum all have a great theme (I've yet to explore the other continents), I would also talk about other songs but I don't want to spoil anything. NLA song is also quite good, it's stupid and it was meant to be.

jorgejjvr

Was not expecting chapter 5..

Also, I keep hearing skells are super expensive, I'm assuming I should be saving my money right?

Still not finding research probes...

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get what should be wrong about this game's music, beside 2 edgy tracks. Primordia, Oblivia and Noctilum all have a great theme (I've yet to explore the other continents), I would also talk about other songs but I don't want to spoil anything. NLA song is also quite good, it's stupid and it was meant to be.
I don't get the problem either; I quite like the OST. But not having audio options is pretty ridiculous. I'd expect this to be a requirement to pass certification, to be honest.

Mendrox

The OST is awesome and only the "old" fraction that plays JRPGs regliously since before NES days say that it sucks. Sawano Hiroyuki is amazing and is getting very popular (OST for Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Blue Exorzist, Sengoku Basara and more show that his music is also in really popular shows) People should also give a listen to his classical tracks. The only bad thing is, that there is no music slider at all. Sometimes you cannot understand shit, but fortunately there are subs.

I also really like the VA cast so far

Shun

I like Irina as a character but shit her HP stat is so freaking low because of her Psycorruptor class.

She's a decent healer but why did they have to give her like 2000 HP at level 30? Any skill/art layouts I should use with her?

I've been using her solely for healing and for Brain Control.

I like Irina as a character but shit her HP stat is so freaking low because of her Psycorruptor class.

She's a decent healer but why did they have to give her like 2000 HP at level 30? Any skill/art layouts I should use with her?

I've been using her solely for healing and for Brain Control.

You could throw some HP Up augments on her.

Daknight

Thanks for this info! Had no idea what those symbols in the map meant (outside of the probe). I was looking for it on the manual, but is a pain...wish the manual had a search function or something O_O

I was doing Kirsty's mission, to the part of
discovering the hidden Rock Cavern
, and I suddenly remember people saying high level monster would pop out from nowhere. This thought drives me to look up,
and I saw a bunch of huge spiders hanging on the ceiling.

This is my first NOPE moment of this game. So awesome.

Wiseblade

Was not expecting chapter 5..

Also, I keep hearing skells are super expensive, I'm assuming I should be saving my money right?

Still not finding research probes...
Yes, they are. But you'll be given a starter Skell once you complete the licence quests and you'll likely have enough money to buy 2 additional at that point too.

Those level 50 Skells though...

gconsole

Why NLA song is supposed to be stupid?

Why NLA song is supposed to be stupid?
Because NLA is stupid, people pretend to live a pop life in the worst situation humanity has ever been. It's a parody of the American metropolis, the song itself seems like a parody of pop music, and by the way I dig that bass.

jorgejjvr

Yes, they are. But you'll be given a starter Skell once you complete the licence quests and you'll likely have enough money to buy 2 additional at that point too.

Those level 50 Skells though...
Oh okay, thank you

Any quick tips on getting money tho?

I heard putting a research probe on a secret place

How do I check on the map if I've found such a place?

Also, I feel like there's no answer to this question... Where the heck can I get/find more research probes..

I was doing Kirsty's mission, to the part of
discovering the hidden Rock Cavern
, and I suddenly remember people saying high level monster would pop out from nowhere. This thought drives me to look up,
and I saw a bunch of huge spiders hanging on the ceiling.

This is my first NOPE moment of this game. So awesome.

I'm a tad disappointed
high level enemies were already in plain sight when I entered the cave so I just left

ys45

Is it me or the loot is not very good some of my char are still equipped with gears I got at lvl 10-12 (currently lvl 21)
I can't equip anything new or I drop by like 50 in attack because of the augment on them and the new gears I'm getting doesn't have free slot so it's a downgrade.

Is this normal or am I being very unlucky ?

Golnei

My main issue with the music is still the actual vocalists themselves, as well as the lyrics - where Black Tar and Uncontrollable are concerned, they're essentially the only thing really wrong with them, moreso the former. Mixing and sound direction problems aside, the music itself works well enough with the game.

Since they had Mary McGlynn in the studio already for the localisation, they should have had her rerecord Uncontrollable...

I'm fine with Reclaimer. Drop Sensor is too valuable to me, even if the difference is (possibly)minimal.

Any tips on how to make the most of Overdrive? I use it decently enough, but I want to get better.

I'm a tad disappointed
high level enemies were already in plain sight when I entered the cave so I just left

I like the feeling of adventure in this game. After looking up some posts in this thread, I think you can expect more unexpected encounters in other region.

Same, or else who will find all those cats :lol

CN8Zctm.gif

Got my first Skell!
WVW69ipPFcwiejH26U

Though it turns out I'm about 6 levels short of getting the cool-looking frame I actually want.
Actually, I already bought it, but I need to hit L30 to use it.

Sölf

Finished most Affinity Quests except for one and a few high level ones. I will probably do the one and then move on and do chapter 6.

Also, this freaking Red Lobster quest. I will never finish this.

gconsole

Because NLA is stupid, people pretend to live a pop life in the worst situation humanity has ever been. It's a parody of the American metropolis, the song itself seems like a parody of pop music, and by the way I dig that bass.

Oh I see lol. Not sure if that is how the composer interpreted, but well.

I dont generally hate the music. There are many memorable tracks especially overworld theme. It fits the grandness of the world. But some can be totally out of place (NLA track doesnt do it for me). Coming from Attack on the Titan, it seems the composer is good for specific kind of music but not for videogame as a whole. Personally it would be better if they only partly use some of his music rather than trying to make him compose for everything.

Alrus

I just finished Chapter 5 and I have a few question about the plot :

-So all the people in NLA are robot copies right? There's no actual human there? If so why are some of the NPC so depressed about the death of their close ones? For them, when the lifehold is found they'll be reunited no? Or are they not aware of that?
-What did they tell the people of NLA that countdown was? Did no one seriously ask what that giant decreasing number meant? And if that info is supposed to be super top secret, why have it displayed so obviously?

Marow

I just finished Chapter 5 and I have a few question about the plot :

-So all the people in NLA are robot copies right? There's no actual human there? If so why are some of the NPC so depressed about the death of their close ones? For them, when the lifehold is found they'll be reunited no? Or are they not aware of that?
-What did they tell the people of NLA that countdown was? Did no one seriously ask what that giant decreasing number meant? And if that info is supposed to be super top secret, why have it displayed so obviously?
I've seen countless of people ask this which makes me confused, as the game answered those question in the very same chapter as the reveal if I remember right.

Basically, nobody but select few knows. Which is why some NPCs are sad. As for the numbers, who knows. Not touched upon. I just pretend others think it's some general energy supply for New LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom