• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Haven't posted an update of my guy in a while. How does he look with his Tel-03 in the background. :p

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5s3k.jpg

Finally beaten the story.... had to reduce the final form level since it hits too hard on my crappy underleveled, undergeared party :<
One day I'll have my revenge :<
k another question

I accepted 34243 quests right now. any way to make them all appear on my screen as an objective or do I really have to set them as a marker and finish them one by one?

the objective are just a marker for easy navigation... you can clear any accepted mission w/o set them as marker

random25

k another question

I accepted 34243 quests right now. any way to make them all appear on my screen as an objective or do I really have to set them as a marker and finish them one by one?

You need to set them in order to see the objectives on the screen. But if you have accepted another mission, like "kill x monsters" they will still have green "!" markers on their heads when you spot them even if you don't set the mission for navigation.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just upgraded my chapter 6 free Skell to the ~440k one. One ability just did 50k+ damage
ALKIlbe.png
ALKIlbe.png
ALKIlbe.png

Time to get all my squadmates into these badboys.

If you talk to the quest giver again they tell you exactly where to go, just FYI.
Nope. Some do, like the helicopter one. Professor B doesn't tell you shit and, again, this item is a rare drop in the middle of buttfuck nowhere in the ocean on a path that is not useful to go anywhere except a tiny island with a level 80 tyrant. Like, you can't even step foot on land without aggroing him it's so tiny. And this unlocks one of the NLA shops. It's ridiculous. Even if you went out there just for the hell of it, which is imaginable, there's nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's tiny, and the drop can take hours. Who goes to the middle of nowhere and swims in circles for hours? It's unreasonable.

Not very far in yet; think I'm able to play Chapter 4's story mission right now, but I have a question. Is it possible to miss any quests in this game due to progression? I won't miss affinity quests or others due to moving on to Chapter 5 or anything?

Another thing I'm wondering if there are any non-mandatory quests that are heavily recommended to do as soon as possible.

So how do I move on to chapter 4? Ive kinda just been lost wandering around and killing monsters. I've accepted quests but when I go try to complete them its either fetch an item thats surrounded by monsters twice my level that insta-attack or go fight a monster than I cant beat yet. My character/Elma/Lin are all level 14 and I have Doug whose level 18 and the quests all seem out of my level range right now.

Not very far in yet; think I'm able to play Chapter 4's story mission right now, but I have a question. Is it possible to miss any quests in this game due to progression? I won't miss affinity quests or others due to moving on to Chapter 5 or anything?

Another thing I'm wondering if there are any non-mandatory quests that are heavily recommended to do as soon as possible.

I don't think so

Booming business is a good quest.

random25

So how do I move on to chapter 4? Ive kinda just been lost wandering around and killing monsters. I've accepted quests but when I go try to complete them its either fetch an item thats surrounded by monsters twice my level that insta-attack or go fight a monster than I cant beat yet. My character/Elma/Lin are all level 14 and I have Doug whose level 18 and the quests all seem out of my level range right now.

Accept the new mission from Vandamme from the mission board then head to the barracks to get debriefed with the mission requirements. Then you'll need to get a survey rate of at least 15%, a normal mission with Eleanora and a mission involving installing special data probes.

Accept the new mission from Vandamme from the mission board then head to the barracks to get debriefed with the mission requirements. Then you'll need to get a survey rate of at least 15%, a normal mission with Eleanora and a mission involving installing special data probes.

that's optional though... also there's an indicator on gamepad screen where it will tell you if the next story mission can be accepted or not

Blues1990

This boss battle in Chapter 10 was pretty awesome, despite how forgettable the characters that were piloting the Zu Pharg (Ryyz and Dagahn) were pretty forgettable.

I had to take a screen cap to commemorate the occasion:

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg

Nope. Some do, like the helicopter one. Professor B doesn't tell you shit and, again, this item is a rare drop in the middle of buttfuck nowhere in the ocean on a path that is not useful to go anywhere except a tiny island with a level 80 tyrant. Like, you can't even step foot on land without aggroing him it's so tiny. And this unlocks one of the NLA shops. It's ridiculous. Even if you went out there just for the hell of it, which is imaginable, there's nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's tiny, and the drop can take hours. Who goes to the middle of nowhere and swims in circles for hours? It's unreasonable.
Are you talking about the Spirit Wand? Because you can find those on land, in the bit of Sylvalum west of the lake with all the crystals and the lavacave.

ohlawd

the objective are just a marker for easy navigation... you can clear any accepted mission w/o set them as marker

I'd rather just see where all the objectives are at the same time. so what if my map turns into an unreadable mess, right? I'm going to all those markers anyway. I know I can clear any quest without setting any.

You need to set them in order to see the objectives on the screen. But if you have accepted another mission, like "kill x monsters" they will still have green "!" markers on their heads when you spot them even if you don't set the mission for navigation.

eh, fuck. that's lame as shit

I noticed the green stuff on the monsters. That's good, I guess.

jmizzal

You can buy them at the shop and register them to characters in the barracks, same as ones for yourself. However they need to be level 30, only the freebie Skell is level 20.

Where do I buy the Skells, I dont anything that says buy them

nvm I see now, it says skell Frames

I'd rather just see where all the objectives are at the same time. so what if my map turns into an unreadable mess, right? I'm going to all those markers anyway. I know I can clear any quest without setting any.

eh, fuck. that's lame as shit

I noticed the green stuff on the monsters. That's good, I guess.

there's always the superior pen & paper to keep track of those missions :p

Mistle

Absolutely loving this game! But the whole having to ask things on the internet constantly cause the game doesn't explain anything gets a bit tiring. Yes I read the manual, watched survival guide vids, etc.

For instance, I'm between chapter 4 and 5, and have multiple hearts of affinity with Elma and Lin, yet no idea how to trigger heart to hearts. I took them out of my party and they're still in the barracks. Apparently it not only needs to be a certain time of day, but I also have to be in some precise location by pure luck to know it even exists? Or is it marked on the map? Is there any efficient way of doing these without googling them? Same goes for finding random items in the field for missions o_o haha

Also, because I have two hearts affinity with these characters, while it still operate from the first heart to heart, or will I have missed one?

Are you talking about the Spirit Wand? Because you can find those on land, in the bit of Sylvalum west of the lake with all the crystals and the lavacave.
Yeah. That's reassuring. All i could find online just said Silvalum Waters. Took about an hour to get one, just swimming circles. Have almost all the data probes on the continent set too so it's not like I haven't been there.

Either way, I sympathize with the complaints where I hadn't before. Not just because of this one quest, just noticed today a lot of quests that started out normal just devices into mindless blue crystal grinds and it's been a bit of a bummer where I don't remember the collection stuff ever being necessary for much until endgame in Xenoblade.

10 normal missions to get someone to level 2 affinity my ass. I've done a bunch and I'm only halfway to Murderess' required affinity mission. I don't even care if she's underleveled later lol. I think my biggest issue is deciding who to bring but with me for this besides murderers. After getting Lin to level 27 I might switch to Hope since she's supposed to be my official party member I guess.

Anyoome know if bringing someone on an affinity quest raises their affinity a decent amount? I have a couple of affinity quests I could do as well but it normal mission give more then screw it I'll stick with this strategy.

Renewed

Absolutely loving this game! But the whole having to ask things on the internet constantly cause the game doesn't explain anything gets a bit tiring. Yes I read the manual, watching survival guide vids, etc.

For instance, I'm between chapter 4 and 5, and have multiple hearts of affinity with Elma and Lin, yet no idea how to trigger heart to hearts. I took them out of my party and they're still in the barracks. Apparently it not only needs to be a certain time of day, but I also have to be in some precise location by pure luck to know it even exists? Or is it marked on the map? Is there any efficient way of doing these without googling them? Same goes for finding random items in the field for missions o_o haha

Also, because I have two hearts affinity with these characters, while it still operate from the first heart to heart, or will I have missed one?

If you pass by people with information, they update your map to show which segment they will be at for the heart-to-heart and at what time. Also shows requirements (ie. you need to have the cat in your Barracks for Heart-to-heart 2 with Elma, and to get it you need to do the affinity mission Nine Lives which is in the northern commercial district).

You don't miss heart-to-hearts, you clear one then the next one is available when conditions like time of day are met.

Ozium

Um.. when can my party members use skells?

I mean I can give them the one they gave me, but I lost my last insurance ticket fighting the global nemesis :( so if I give it to Elma and it gets destroyed, I have to pay the salvage fee.

But I bought another Skell Frame and only I can use it... wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom