• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
C24Aew6.jpg

Something radical just happened.

Dineren

Banned
Running around with the skell cleaning up old quests and destroying the tyrants I come across is so satisfying. The more I play the more I'm convinced it was smart for them to hold off on giving you one. After 20-30 hours on foot it's amazing being able to travel this quickly and lay waste to everything in your path(until you piss off a high level tyrant and end up on your ass with your skell in ruins).

Alright. Ya.

Galactic Knight to Duelist for access to Assault Rifle + Photon Blade = Awesome. Assault Rifle has incredible TP feeding abilities AND combos for melee chains.

Oh my god, I forgot about AR melee combos. Yeah, guess I know what class I'm going for after Jedi-uh, I mean Galactic Knight.

rickyson1

quick question i've been wondering about

that screen someone posted before the game came out that had total completion percent alongside the playtime

how do you get to that? haven't been able to find it in the menu

You guys are making it difficult for me to resist buying a Wii U. Man, Xenoblade X looks freaking cool looking despite some of its frustrating design choices. Keep on posting those gorgeous screenshots!

I honestly reckon there's enough good stuff on the wii u to justify the purchase. Hell, Splatoon and XBX alone gave me more use out of my wii u than my Xbone ever did.

I recall finding Sylvalum by seeing the large eerily glowing green bulb from a northern Oblivia shore and deciding I was just going to swim to it and hope for the best. After a VERY long ass swim I finally made it. Now, just watching my boyfriend play I see that Primordia is actually connected to it on the southwest side.

Some pictures...cause it's fun :)

a5ogHGG.jpg

77wSLRm.jpg

jmizzal

Are you not able to buy Skells for your party right after you get yours?

Do I have to do more missions, because I dont see anywhere to buy Skells for them

Vena

Do I have to do more missions, because I dont see anywhere to buy Skells for them

The frames are level 30, you can't buy then till you reach 30 (well, you can buy them, just can't register them).

HOLY SHIT! I just saw a message from my squad saying you can register items in your collectipedia for BP and I went to check it out and got a lot of points from it. 30 hours in and I didn't know about this shit!

I uh

wow

Collectopedia also gave out stuff in the first Xenoblade! now we know who didn't play it

Mupod

You can buy them at the shop and register them to characters in the barracks, same as ones for yourself. However they need to be level 30, only the freebie Skell is level 20.

El Odio

Banned
Pre-chapter 6 spoilers:
Damn... I was expecting Lao at some point to pull one of those out of nowhere badass hero moments or something, not be a source of feels.l

MrPanic

Wait wait wait what

You need to command your team to concentrate fire if you want everyone to attack the same part. Normally you do it through battle commands by pressing + during battle and selecting concentrate fire, but it has a shortcut under R+DpadUp because it's pretty useful.

TWILT

Banned
Ohhh excellent, didn't know you could use the weapons in a class you mastered already in different classes. Gives me more room to experiment without compromising too much~

Liking how you can save and load multiple character designs for free-changing. Probably going to come up with a few characters for whatever I'm doing because WHY NOT. Already have lookalikes of Dunban, Saber, and Hrist, but no ideas yet for my last two slots. Any suggestions?

Dang it! I was thinking of doing an online squad mission, maybe ask if some of you guys like to join me, and what happens? The server goes under maintenance.

Flare

HOLY SHIT! I just saw a message from my squad saying you can register items in your collectipedia for BP and I went to check it out and got a lot of points from it. 30 hours in and I didn't know about this shit!

The same thing happened to be in the first Xenoblade, only I was something around 60 hours in. I also found out you could gift certain items to party members to increase their affinity then too.

Figures that this game would follow suit in depth. I'm regretting to picking this up immediately, hopefully I can get in on this earlier next year (next year's pretty crazy for games though)

Done a bunch of quests today and I have to swing my opinion on fetch quests over to the negative. I didn't mind them in Xenoblade. I just ignored all fetch quests and whether they supported themselves out or not didn't matter until endgame when I needed town affinities.

But this game, I swear, every other normal quest seems to devolve into some bullshit fetch. Doing Professor B and, what do you know, the third or fourth fetch he sends you on requires a rare drop from the fucking ocean. Like, literally, a place you would only go if you were trying to swim from Noctilum to a side of Silvalun where you can't actually enter the continent... rare drop. Game doesn't even have the decency to tell you where to go. Just Silvalum. Not even Silvalum ocean, despite the majority of the continent having mountains instead of coast. Just ridiculous.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Done a bunch of quests today and I have to swing my opinion on fetch quests over to the negative. I didn't mind them in Xenoblade. I just ignored all fetch quests and whether they supported themselves out or not didn't matter until endgame when I needed town affinities.

But this game, I swear, every other normal quest seems to devolve into some bullshit fetch. Doing Professor B and, what do you know, the third or fourth fetch he sends you on requires a rare drop from the fucking ocean. Like, literally, a place you would only go if you were trying to swim from Noctilum to a side of Silvalun where you can't actually enter the continent... rare drop. Game doesn't even have the decency to tell you where to go. Just Silvalum. Not even Silvalum ocean, despite the majority of the continent having mountains instead of coast. Just ridiculous.

If you talk to the quest giver again they tell you exactly where to go, just FYI.

Pre-chapter 6 spoilers:
Damn... I was expecting Lao at some point to pull one of those out of nowhere badass hero moments or something, not be a source of feels.l
That pre c6 affinity quest pissed me off to no end, too me 3 tries. I got 1 shot near the end and my party was unable to finish off the boss. 2nd time when I got it down to a sliver, it backs off the edge of the cliff and disappears then resets.

Ultra Limited Jacket.

Dont remember the quest. Check the board for rewards.
Thanks, Ill keep an eye out

Dad

Man, I really like the way Syvalum looks, but shoulder to shoulder level 50+ aggressive mobs are a pain in the ass

Teknoman

Dang it! I was thinking of doing an online squad mission, maybe ask if some of you guys like to join me, and what happens? The server goes under maintenance.

Do you have to complete Squad Tasks before an actual Squad Mission opens?

So:

Tasks > Missions > World Nemesis?

He tastes like poop though. Poison poop!

I thought the crown icon signified the monster being a tyrant... It doesn't?

I thought that purple aura icon = Tyrant?

ohlawd

k another question

I accepted 34243 quests right now. any way to make them all appear on my screen as an objective or do I really have to set them as a marker and finish them one by one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom