• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

Now I'm stuck doing Lin's first affinity fetch quest. I'm just running around the Prone camp waiting for 3 puges to respawn for the energy tubes -_-

EDIT: I guess this is pretty common lmao

You need to destroy their arms to get the drop, if that's too boring you can always buy the drops at your barracks with squad reward tickets.

Dineren

Banned
Then how do you confirm the status of the remaining insurance, where do you pick up your skell should you die in it, and where do you go to recover the skell if your insurance is depleted?

The terminal in the barracks that has the customization has a barracks hangar option, you go there for all of that. The insurance remaining shows on the skell stats screen.

The spawn rate on the beagflea squashes is just fucking abysmal. I have one after twenty solid minutes of crystal grinding

They show up more in the morning. Also, I just fast-traveled to the Nopon Caravan in the very Northeast corner of Oblivia over and over until I got them. There are collectibles right where you spawn.

zroid

Banned
I've probably spent way too much time looking for secret areas on foot when I should have just waited till I got my Skell

meh, who needs those extra 10 hours of my life anyway~~~~~

Hugstable

Banned
Now I'm stuck doing Lin's first affinity fetch quest. I'm just running around the Prone camp waiting for 3 puges to respawn for the energy tubes -_-

EDIT: I guess this is pretty common lmao

For the Energy Tubes, you can buy them from the Blade Barracks using Reward Tickets. It's 22 Tickets for 1 Tube, so you need 44 Reward Tickets

Blues1990

I've probably spent way too much time looking for secret areas on foot when I should have just waited till I got my Skell

meh, who needs those extra 10 hours of my life anyway~~~~~

It's actually more effective to find new locations on foot, especially since you can easily over look them when driving/flying by some of the more hidden areas of the game.

nothing like running around on your starting skell in Oblivia when a fucking level 65 giant sandworm from Dune appears and one shots you.

I gotta ask any reason these animals only attack humans? I mean what did humans do that the prone haven't?

Renewed

Been doing a lot of side stuff before going onto Chapter 9. Only have 2 more people left to recruit, so if I see nothing else to do I'm gonna continue the story.

This is gonna suck, I can already tell.

zroid

Banned
HEY

THIS IS IMPORTANT

IF YOU CLICK THE RIGHT STICK

YOU CAN LOCK ONTO A BODY PART

WHY AM I ONLY DISCOVERING THIS 60 HOURS IN

60 hours? you poor soul....

It's actually more effective to find new locations on foot, especially since you can easily over look them when driving/flying by some of the more hidden areas of the game.

I guess that's true. It's more like I'm paranoid that it's inaccessible on foot and I'm just wasting my time.

HOLY SHIT! I just saw a message from my squad saying you can register items in your collectipedia for BP and I went to check it out and got a lot of points from it. 30 hours in and I didn't know about this shit!

Vecks

Kinda confused about joining squad (Lifehold, Conquest, Friends).

It's just to group you up with like-minded players. people who just want to do single-player are encouraged to join a lifehold squad. People who want to work toward the multiplayer stuff should join a conquest squad. And friends will just allow you to join the squads of people on your friends list.

There's not really any actual difference that I've noticed so far.

Guys, quick dumb question. Just got split up after beating chapter 3. Where is Lin so I can add her back to my party?

She's cooking in the barracks.

Kyzon

There's an Atheist vs Theist mission that I'm just starting.

Lets see where this goes.

Kotaku, you ready? lol

Guys, quick dumb question. Just got split up after beating chapter 3. Where is Lin so I can add her back to my party?

Note that the gamepad's local map will show you where recruitable NPCs are. (Not sure if it's just known or all.) They're listed as a ? or a checkmark in the area hex; the Administrative District is a good place to find several of them.

This same method can be used to find quests and resources and stuff. Very handy.

Evilkazz

Banned
Hearing Frye shout " Alright, time to break out the keg!" after every battle never gets old.

neulyc.jpg

Finally unlocked the Re-Character customization again. Under a pretty entertaining little side quest.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
so, do people play the active multiplayer mode a lot?

seems like it'll become more useful once you're getting to the tougher enemies but i dunno, it's weird. seems like you could do just as well with the npc party members

I was in a active party mission, we were waiting for a 4th member but due to a accident that happened with my hardrive it acts like its not plugged in every once in a while and ofcourse had to restart my WiiU and couldnt join back in because my friend, heng was in that lobby, so it kept failing to connect me to his server.

Blues1990

I guess that's true. It's more like I'm paranoid that it's inaccessible on foot and I'm just wasting my time.

To be honest, I was quite surprised I could reach some of the more hard to find areas of the game, all by jumping from rock-to-rock on the cliff sides of the various hills and mountains. The fact that the game is more than happy to allow the player to explore to their hearts content, especially to continents that you shouldn't go to (high level enemies that will swat you like an insect, locations that are barely accessible with a skell, etc.) is one of the games biggest strengths.

Kjellson

Another cool statue....

WVW69ipVCZEEJERvCB
Haha, I was just there 20 minutes ago or so. I thought they were statues too until I saw one of them move their heads. Scared the shit out of me when the battle started. Luckily I beat it.

There is a long path just to the right after that that leads to a summit with a great view. So cool.

Teknoman

It's just to group you up with like-minded players. people who just want to do single-player are encouraged to join a lifehold squad. People who want to work toward the multiplayer stuff should join a conquest squad. And friends will just allow you to join the squads of people on your friends list.

There's not really any actual difference that I've noticed so far.

She's cooking in the barracks.

And so that would be the 32 player squad ( each friend Squad holds 32 players?), but you can then host 4p rooms within that friend's squad for actual online missions?

Kyzon

Haha, I was just there 20 minutes ago or so. I thought they were statues too until I saw one of them move their heads. Scared the shit out of me when the battle started. Luckily I beat it.

There is a long path just to the right after that that leads to a summit with a great view. So cool.

I'm only lvl 35. I'm in a bad place over there, haha

Evilkazz

Banned
how do you unlock it?

I dont remember the quest title but I'm past chapter 10.

On the mission screen place I found one that said to look for a keycard (that pays 100,000). That card was located in the hangar. I needed help to find it but it was placed here.
1449714018891.jpg

Then you give it to him and you say you recognize him and he tells you of a special meeting place where he'll pay you for the mission. Once there he tells you about how he stole a lifepod thing and he'll let you use it if you drop the debt he owes. But you can only use it at late night.

Vecks

And so that would be the 32 player squad ( each friend Squad holds 32 players?), but you can then host 4p rooms within that friend's squad for actual online missions?

Yes, every squad is a max of 32 players. It's not really a friend squad, just a squad that friends will be joining, since you can't really create a specific squad or close it off to randoms. And yeah, once you are in a squad, if you do squad tasks to open up missions you can invite players within the squad to join for the 4 player rooms.

Vena

Alright. Ya.

Galactic Knight to Duelist for access to Assault Rifle + Photon Blade = Awesome. Assault Rifle has incredible TP feeding abilities AND combos for melee chains.

Ok, I'm not sure what I'm missing here, so I'm here to ask GAF.

I know that I'm supposed to talk to Eleonora when my BLADE level goes up. When I went to level 2, I spoke to her and got my upgrade. Now I've reached level 3, but when I speak to her, I don't seem to get a prompt to get my upgrade.

What am I doing wrong? Help!

Mupod

I didn't want to waste money on my starter skell so I grinded my way up to 30 before messing with any skell stuff. That last level feels like it took a hundred years. Since I fuck around a lot and I had a lot of frontiernav income, I had about 2.5 million to blow on my mechs. So I did.

1qQjGxM.jpg

I first built Alteisen, the red melee monster in the middle there. I walked out to Oblivia and immediately smashed a level 40 Simius in his stupid fucking face for 70,000 damage. God damn that felt good, after 35 hours of stealthing past monsters and fleeing for my life. I've got Elma in a Verus and Lin in a Mastema and it's nice getting revenge on all these jerk monsters that ganked me a million times while leveling.

I'm wondering if I should just leave Irina out of a mech. It seems her heals work on Skells? On-foot characters get a huge defense boost if there's 3 skells in the party too.

Gurrry

this game is awesome. ive genuinely laughed out loud at some of the dialogue (mainly from Lin). i finally got to change my class and now im rocking a giant sword!

im about 6 hours in and just completed ch 3. ive been taking my time but hopefully im not going too slow. i gotta get some skell action!

HEY

THIS IS IMPORTANT

IF YOU CLICK THE RIGHT STICK

YOU CAN LOCK ONTO A BODY PART

WHY AM I ONLY DISCOVERING THIS 60 HOURS IN

I just realized that you could invest Miranium into the arms manufactures. I feel like a fool for not noticing it sooner.

HOLY SHIT! I just saw a message from my squad saying you can register items in your collectipedia for BP and I went to check it out and got a lot of points from it. 30 hours in and I didn't know about this shit!

lol

Mupod

Elma is definitely one of my favourite VG character designs.

the funny thing to me is if Elma didn't exist I bet my character would have ended up looking/sounding/acting more or less like that. Also she likes every single dialogue choice I make so we are basically BFFs.

Jims

Don't know why Monolithsoft decided to make "A Renewed Will" a required affinity quest. Is it just to get to know Irina better, or what? It is one of most cliched and boring mini-stories I've seen in a game recently.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
nothing like running around on your starting skell in Oblivia when a fucking level 65 giant sandworm from Dune appears and one shots you.

I gotta ask any reason these animals only attack humans? I mean what did humans do that the prone haven't?
You can find several predator type enemies eating other enemies, I came across grexes eating suids a few time, I also found a random dead suid when going to a new area(that Is actually the same place I later found out the we were soldier affinity quest ends on) which means it was probably being eaten by something that was no longer there

Hiltz

You guys are making it difficult for me to resist buying a Wii U. Man, Xenoblade X looks freaking cool looking despite some of its frustrating design choices. Keep on posting those gorgeous screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom