• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

This game could really use tooltips. The digital manual is a poor replacement but it's better than nothing.

Handle it just like Matsuno's tactics games. Press a button and a cursor can be moved to any screen element and a brief description will appear.

How so? Does it let me use Human Arts in a skell?

Look at the skellwear. It tends to have battle mods/improvements on the right that directly influence you riding skells. I don't think they're personally worth it as I only use Skells if I have to or if the battle is too hard. But once I buy skells for my entire party I'll make them all have skells all of the time haha.

Anyone know when and where Lin's fifth and final heart to heart is? The guide and the few answers I find online give a specific time in a specific spot, but I'm there [post chapter 6, pre chapter 7] and nothing happens. I know that Elma had one of her heart to hearts being tied to a story chapter for obvious reasons, but does Lin do the same?
In the Residential District, in the morning, west of the park
with the candelabra
? If she's not there then it probably is related to story progress. Actually, yes, chapter 10 and the flight pack affinity mission are requirements. Didn't even notice there were extra requirements listed in the dengeki guide :p

Kyzon

Look at the skellwear. It tends to have battle mods/improvements on the right that directly influence you riding skells. I don't think they're personally worth it as I only use Skells if I have to or if the battle is too hard. But once I buy skells for my entire party I'll make them all have skells all of the time haha.

Ahhh I see. I'll give that a look now since everyone is in a skell. I use my free skell as a trainer one since it's lower leveled XD

Raide

Ugh, I need one more research probe. I'm just 200 credits shy of the 15k mark so I can complete the skell license mission. Now where do I find one of those probes...

Remove all probes and then only put research. Use booster if you have. Some probe zones yield way more than others, so check them out.

NeonZ

Ugh, I need one more research probe. I'm just 200 credits shy of the 15k mark so I can complete the skell license mission. Now where do I find one of those probes...

Just remove a couple of mining probes. Remember that they reduce the amount of credits that you receive compared to the generic probe.

In the Residential District, in the morning, west of the park
with the candelabra
? If she's not there then it probably is related to story progress. Actually, yes, chapter 10 and the flight pack affinity mission are requirements. Didn't even notice there were extra requirements listed in the dengeki guide :p

Awesome thanks. This means I can wait until I'm done with chapter 10. And yeah some do. Elma has the fourth for example, which requires you to beat chapter 5 and have the new area in NLA

Ahhh I see. I'll give that a look now since everyone is in a skell. I use my free skell as a trainer one since it's lower leveled XD

Unfortunately my main guy can't use a skell exclusively anytime soon because I still have to

A. Finish leveling up my last 2 levels in Full metal jaguar

B. Switch to another class to get their ranged weapon and arts.

Speaking of, what's the max level you can upgrade arts?

Baliis

Make sure you're putting probes on spots that have high ranks for income. If your highest probe is on an F rank, it isn't gonna give you shit. I was having the same problem and was stuck at like 12k, rearranged my probes and jumped to like 22.

How? I'm able to do Chapter 7 and done all normal quest I've come across.

After Chapter 5 is complete, there's two quests you need to do. First one is... uh, "Yardley's" something. Google it, you'll find it. One after that is House of Cards, and that'll let you customize your character.

In reference to the battle bikini, it's ridiculous, and I love it. That being said at 25 I'll be picking up Skell Armor since IIRC I get that soon.

JulianImp

I ask because armor/weapon upgrades have WAY more than 5.

But those are augmentations levels. Those go up to twenty AFAIK (at least that's the maximum level of augmentations you can craft).

Giving HP Plus XX to Lin is ridiculous, since her passive skill that gives her +30% HP means she gets 2K extra HP per augmentation.

By the way, can I keep skills from other classes after maxing them out? I'd love to get the +15% and +30% HP skills from the topmost class but still keep my Mastermind build in order to become a ridiculous tank, because why not. Then maybe I could actually equip some random space bikini for the ridiculous disconnect.

aravuus

I'm always amused how in games like these the people who tend to post the most screenshots are the ones with characters using battle bikinis haha.

I gave Elma a HEAVY armor that had potential boost and it gave her short shorts and an open top. So i had to use fashion gear to give her relevant armor.

Hah yeah, sure seems like it

I like having them dressed like normal people. Everyone's got more or less regular pants and shirts/jackets on.

Well, except for the MC, of course.

61d737dbe8.jpg

The open suit is like grade A douchebag stuff, it suits the asshole replies so well I couldn't resist

Speaking of asshole replies it's always fun to boast/brag when you get a chance.

Everyone is all "WHOA THERE NEWBIE DON'T GET COCKY"

No fuck you I can get cocky. I'm a rookie and own my own skell and have done every mission critical shit for the place. So fuck you, i boast and laugh.

But those are augmentations levels. Those go up to twenty AFAIK (at least that's the maximum level of augmentations you can craft).

Giving HP Plus XX to Lin is ridiculous, since her passive skill that gives her +30% HP means she gets 2K extra HP per augmentation.

By the way, can I keep skills from other classes after maxing them out? I'd love to get the +15% and +30% HP skills from the topmost class but still keep my Mastermind build in order to become a ridiculous tank, because why not. Then maybe I could actually equip some random space bikini for the ridiculous disconnect.

You definitely can, though I don't know if you need to master the entire branch first or not.

yes... skills aren't limited to class, once you unlocked that particular skill you can freely assign to any class... that's why the superior class for postgame is the first, basic class since it has 5 slots...
edit: you don't even have to max the skill level or master the branch to use it on other class

aravuus

Speaking of asshole replies it's always fun to boast/brag when you get a chance.

Everyone is all "WHOA THERE NEWBIE DON'T GET COCKY"

No fuck you I can get cocky. I'm a rookie and own my own skell and have done every mission critical shit for the place. So fuck you, i boast and laugh.

Yeah I love it

I'm strong enough to beat up every BLADE in the city if I wanted to, fuck yeah I'm gonna boast like a mofo whenever the opportunity arises

There are a lot of pretty entertaining dialogue choices in general, I like that they really add something to the otherwise sometimes a bit generic feeling normal missions

You definitely can, though I don't know if you need to master the entire branch first or not.

From what I hear for arts/skills you need to max the branch and you're given the option to keep your weapons/arts/skills from that branch even if you do another.

Yeah I love it

I'm strong enough to beat up every BLADE in the city if I wanted to, fuck yeah I'm gonna boast like a mofo whenever the opportunity arises

There are a lot of pretty entertaining dialogue choices in general, I like that they really add something to the otherwise sometimes a bit generic feeling normal missions

There's a dialogue that Elma asks you what your favorite pet is and you can tell her "Elma is my favorite pet" haha

Also Lin being bothered by a bunch of people and you get a chance to join in with the crowd.

JulianImp

yes... skills aren't limited to class, once you unlocked that particular skill you can freely assign to any class... that's why the superior class for postgame is the first, basic class since it has 5 slots...

+80% HP with both skills at max level seems ridiculous, since that means you'd be getting a grand total of 2700 extra HP per each HP Plus XX that you have equipped.

Squishy3

Oh, if anyone needs the Spherical EM Motor for the Helicopter sidequest still the affinity mission "My Dream." gives one as a reward. It's the hex to the left of the hangar fast travel point in the adminstrative district.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I've only had a Skell for a few hours but so far I'm loving how it adds pretty much an entire new layer to combat. Great stuff.

Awesome thanks. This means I can wait until I'm done with chapter 10. And yeah some do. Elma has the fourth for example, which requires you to beat chapter 5 and have the new area in NLA
Well, I meant required missions that weren't story chapters, less obvious things. It would be pretty hard to talk to Elma somewhere that doesn't exist yet.

Sadist

Remove all probes and then only put research. Use booster if you have. Some probe zones yield way more than others, so check them out.

Just remove a couple of mining probes. Remember that they reduce the amount of credits that you receive compared to the generic probe.

Make sure you're putting probes on spots that have high ranks for income. If your highest probe is on an F rank, it isn't gonna give you shit. I was having the same problem and was stuck at like 12k, rearranged my probes and jumped to like 22.
Thanks guys.

And I was already working on rearranging nu probes, had one mining facility with an A ranking on revenue, zo yay.

JulianImp

GP? there's skell skills that use GP?

well, who knows if that stats covers more than just tp skills.....

I just laughed out loud at this whole thing... how can this game have so many subsystems that people don't get at all even after having player the game for quite a while? I get that there's always the crappy off-game manual, but I would've killed for something such as a training facility.

I'm really enjoying doing affinity quests. They really help at both fleshing out the world as well as giving some good development to the main characters.

Vena

I'm really enjoying doing affinity quests. They really help at both fleshing out the world as well as giving some good development to the main characters.

They develop all the characters really well, though the scripting is terrible for some of them (Hope's are particularly egregious in their terrible voice acting and line delivery).

Oh, so it actually did factor into heals, only not the kind I expected (I thought it upgraded art heals).

Most heals use TP, so it does (such as every heal on the Galactic Knight). But the Knife heals, for instance as they are CD dependent, are not regulated by it and heal for flat amounts.

Looks like I made a mistake.

It says rigjht in the manual. It regulates TP skills and heals from soul voice

sometimes there might be hidden mechanics that isn't explained in manuals
even if potential really covers the two.... then potential stat on skell... umm... oh well not something that i will try to stack on skell then

Kyzon

Unfortunately my main guy can't use a skell exclusively anytime soon because I still have to

A. Finish leveling up my last 2 levels in Full metal jaguar

B. Switch to another class to get their ranged weapon and arts.

Speaking of, what's the max level you can upgrade arts?

Max is 5

There's nothing quite like driving my skell army around then accidentally aggroing something 20 levels above me and immediately hopping out mine and commanding everyone else to do the same so we can take that L like the bitches we are (but keep pinchin' them pennies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom