• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
if anyone cares about money and not wasting it unless you have to, just a reminder that switching probes around cost money.

I've wasted a lot of money reconfiguring my probes ;_;

really wish the game would give me more probes other than mining... but I guess it's on me for not venturing further into the story yet. :X

Ulysses 31

really wish the game would give me more probes other than mining... but I guess it's on me for not venturing further into the story yet. :X

You mainly get probes from mechanical treasures in the world.

JulianImp

Does the free Skell you get not fly?

Mine only hovers a bit, or is it a way to fly

You won't get the flying add-on until chapter 9. Until then the best you can do to cover extra ground is the whole "walk off of ledge while in vehicle mode -> jump" trick.

I think probes are exclusively given via using your field skills on mechanical/archaeological stuff.

Sylas

Has anyone else tried out Partisan Eagle and Astral Crusader yet? I started building it up after finishing off Galactic Knight and I'm finding Javelins to be... really underwhelming? I really like sniper rifles for appendage breaking/toppling, but javelins seem really, really weak compared to the other melee weapons I've tried. Their arts are all kinda meh.

aravuus

Is this game seriously telling me I need to get 6 pieces of a particular rare collectable to be able to get level 5 mechanical treasure?

Fuck this

Dee Dee

Oh, if anyone needs the Spherical EM Motor for the Helicopter sidequest still the affinity mission "My Dream." gives one as a reward. It's the hex to the left of the hangar fast travel point in the adminstrative district.

Pressing L + A so hard right now. Thank you, lifesaver-person!

Now to try sneaking through chapter 5.

I am already dead.

Evilkazz

Banned
What's the quickest way to gain affinity with a character?

Now in order to advance the story I need to do an affinity quest, but that quest requires at least one heart with Gwin. I dont even like Gwin so this is annoying.

Chaos17

xenoblade-x-tatsu-1-656x656.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/674997019577098242

potential affect the skills that use tp right? but what about potential stats on skells?
Some Japanese sites have claimed it affects cockpit mode chances, and I just found a short article that attributed an increase in HP healed by some skell art to higher Potential. I haven't really seen any solid evidence for anything else.

Also swiggity swooty my copy finally arrived

aravuus

Yeah, didn't get even one in 120+ collectibles picked up.

I would love to be able to open those lvl 5 thingies but I really can't bother with the grind. Jesus christ.

Buy it with tickets?

Can't. You can only buy materials dropped my monsters, not collectibles.

random25

Need to stop for now. The helicopter sidequest took longer than expected. Glad it earned me tons of bucks and miranium just for the time it took me to finish.

I survived the guardian deity surprise lol. How I escaped that, I dunno.

Gonna destroy some turrets tomorrow.

Fandangox

Well, except for the MC, of course.

61d737dbe8.jpg

The open suit is like grade A douchebag stuff, it suits the asshole replies so well I couldn't resist

I should give this to Yelv lol, or H "Will I ever stop excelling" McDouche B

I am pretty much giving everyone from BLADE "army-looking" fashion gear, makes more sense I guess. For Elma I left her the same, but changed her pants to the army-looking pants, same with Lin whom I also gave a vest and sunglasses so not everyone turns to stone every time she appears.

Gwin I gave white pants cause it goes well with his outfit, and also smaller round sunglasses, actually makes him look cool. Lao is the original outfit, but changed the pants. Irina is the same, but gave her the army-looking pants and tank top. I removed the heavy armor from doug and just gave him formal pants with a tight shirt, since he is a pilot. L is unchanged.

I would love to be able to open those lvl 5 thingies but I really can't bother with the grind. Jesus christ.
The
Pale Maize
, right? I remember those being a bitch to find after I figured out what the mission wanted from me.

KarmaCow

*Manage to reach the floating Island at the beginning of Oblivia after wrecking many skell*
*Realize it was useless*

Well at least I have a nice view

Oh is that where the mining location is? I figured it had to be there but it seemed odd to have a single mining spot early on that is so out of the way compared to everything else. Can you get there without a flying Skell?

Teletraan1

Banned
Geez. I am strippin all area attacks off of all action bars. From a cut scene to a monster attack from a Lvl 29, who is flanked by 2 Lvl 39s who are non combatants. I single target attack the lvl 29. I am pulling up the menu to tell my team to concentrate fire and before I can even enter anything I see an area attack go off that pulls in the 2 lvl39s. Terrible design. Battle AI Programmer:Leeroy Jenkins.

aravuus

Where's Elma's first heart-to-heart? She's not at her usual spot next to the table at the barracks, so I assume she's at a h2h spot.

This party management system, I swear... Who the hell thought this was fine

The
Pale Maize
, right? I remember those being a bitch to find after I figured out what the mission wanted from me.

No, the
Savage Sketch
, actually!

I should give this to Yelv lol, or H "Will I ever stop excelling" McDouche B

Fucking love Yelv and H.B lol

I'll definitely grind like no tomorrow if their affinity missions require high affinity

Oh is that where the mining location is? I figured it had to be there but it seemed odd to have a single mining spot early on that is so out of the way compared to everything else. Can you get there without a flying Skell?

There's one even earlier directly north of NLA in Primordia.

Vecks

Where's Elma's first heart-to-heart? She's not at her usual spot next to the table at the barracks, so I assume she's at a h2h spot.

This party management system, I swear... Who the hell thought this was fine

No, the
Savage Sketch
, actually!

The first one is by the west gate in the afternoon in the industrial district. She's talking to people behind some crates.

No, the
Savage Sketch
, actually!
Huh, I thought that was for the bio 5 mission.

Also, she's at the west gate in the Industrial district. I've got locations and stuff for all the h2hs in the allies sheet in my thing.

ohlawd

are there any affinity quests that are harder than they should be. can't cancel 'em so aren't I fucked if I accept one that's beyond me?

Can't. You can only buy materials dropped my monsters, not collectibles.

have you checked the google doc to see recommended locations? Also the guide tends to say if it's best early morning/w rain and stuff
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

check under collepedia

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
are there any affinity quests that are harder than they should be. can't cancel 'em so aren't I fucked if I accept one that's beyond me?

If I remember correctly there was one, although I was already higher level when I took the affinity mission. My recommendation is save before starting an affinity mission and do not save during.

aravuus

The first one is by the west gate in the afternoon in the industrial district. She's talking to people behind some crates.

Thanks a ton! That's where she was indeed

Insane that I had to look for her to even get her in the party

Just... What. Why. God.

massoluk

Banned

Saw a lot of reviewers grieving over this, but so far I haven't experienced one yet at level 28. But then again, I was quite overleveled when I finally go after affinity quests.

I have no idea, but I thought the OP guide mentioned to always save before accepting the Affinity quest because of that reason?

Ravijn

You can just go an do regular BLADE non story missions and level up a bit to help you out. Just select a different mission in your missions tab.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I've only ever really had trouble with two affinity quests and that was more to not bringing along my first stringers (I was trying to get the second string some levels/affinity).

I have no idea, but I thought the OP guide mentioned to always save before accepting the Affinity quest because of that reason?

yeah always save before accepting affinity quests just in case it's one that is annoying to do at the moment. Such as Lin's first affintiy quest if you decide to help her with everything instead of ending it early.

Which reminds me, with Lin's first quest end it early if you get the chance. There's little reason not to, you can get her affinity up by just having her around in normal missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom