• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravijn

I've only ever really had trouble with two affinity quests and that was more to not bringing along my first stringers (I was trying to get the second string some levels/affinity).

Yeah, I had the same issue as you. Also had an issue with monster adds if I was fighting a boss type. I just had to clear the area before I attempted the boss battle.

aravuus

Holy shit, I can have
Nagi
in my party?! Damn, that's another character to the list of dudes I'll "gladly" grind affinity with to be able to do their affinity quests

e: lmao he says "I've been thinking I'd like to join your team. You know, get out there and experience the daily grind of a BLADE operative" when you go talk to him.

Grind, mate? You don't know the half of it

ok.... looks like my current crap setup can reasonably
farm/grind Joker
alhough quite slow... probably i really need to farm galactic tier to improve the speed.... gonna take a break then continue bullying it :D

For myself, I got my crew up to the high-40's before attempting this boss. It also helps to use the skells during this fight, so don't be afraid to use them.

I'm using my skell, but it just beats me extremly fast. I guess I will take some time to buy better equipment if it helps

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
G0TdI0h.jpg

Whatever you say,

silva1991

I need to settle with one or two classes. leveling up ranks is driving me nuts.

I like winged viper but like half of the abilities uses TP.

JKTrix

Has anyone else tried out Partisan Eagle and Astral Crusader yet? I started building it up after finishing off Galactic Knight and I'm finding Javelins to be... really underwhelming? I really like sniper rifles for appendage breaking/toppling, but javelins seem really, really weak compared to the other melee weapons I've tried. Their arts are all kinda meh.
I just maxed out Crusader last night, it was the first path I pursued. Pretty much just used Javelin as an extra hit while my gun cooled off (and I have a maxed out skill that halves my Gun auto attack cooldown). I didn't really understand some of the arts for Javelin so I kind of put it to the side, though I did use a couple of pretty powerful TP-based skills for it before I focused on the gun.

As I got to the end I realized that the Javelin side of the Crusader focuses on amplifying Electric damage, so if you wanted a build for Elec it might be worth doing it. My skill build focused on the gun though, and it was very effective.

Edit: If this wasn't already common knowledge: after you max out a path, you can use its weapons and arts in any other class. Skills were already interchangeable, but after you max out, everything else is too!

Nightbird

That affinity quest is killing me

i am supposed to collect 3000 credits trough the frontiernav. I hooked up like 5 mining probes to each other, but still nothing! Not only do i not get my 3000 credits, it seems like i'm not getting any money at all!

Someone help please, i'm stuck with that :/

ok.... looks like my current crap setup can reasonably
farm/grind Joker
alhough quite slow... probably i really need to farm galactic tier to improve the speed.... gonna take a break then continue bullying it :D

You seem to alternate between giving up on postgame and going back to it a lot :p

Squishy3

i am supposed to collect 3000 credits trough the frontiernav. I hooked up like 5 mining probes to each other, but still nothing! Not only do i not get my 3000 credits, it seems like i'm not getting any money at all!

Mining probes don't get you credits. :p Look at the probes when you're actually placing them and they tell you what they increase.

Shun

Credits are research probes, mining is for materials and miranium.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Mining probes are for miranium, research probes are for credits. Just throw a research probe on something that has an A rank in cash (or whatever it is) and the money will come rolling in. 3000 in one go is chump change once you get going.

Nightbird

Mining probes don't get you credits. :p Look at the probes when you're actually placing them and they tell you what they increase.

Credits are research probes, mining is for materials and miranium.

Wow, i feel dumb now. Thanks a lot guys! will try it out! :)

Mining probes are for miranium, research probes are for credits. Just throw a research probe on something that has an A rank in cash (or whatever it is) and the money will come rolling in. 3000 in one go is chump change once you get going.

Sounds good, thanks :)

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
I just maxed out Crusader last night, it was the first path I pursued. Pretty much just used Javelin as an extra hit while my gun cooled off (and I have a maxed out skill that halves my Gun auto attack cooldown). I didn't really understand some of the arts for Javelin so I kind of put it to the side, though I did use a couple of pretty powerful TP-based skills for it before I focused on the gun.

As I got to the end I realized that the Javelin side of the Crusader focuses on amplifying Electric damage, so if you wanted a build for Elec it might be worth doing it. My skill build focused on the gun though, and it was very effective.

I did pretty much the same thing. My go-to was waiting for Shrapnel to reach its secondary cooldown and blow out enemy body parts. There's a lot of patience involved, which I like. Plus, there's a handful of other shots that I used as filler.

As for the spear, I definitely think that I want to try another melee weapon to pair with the sniper rifle, as, for the most part, I couldn't find much synergy. If anything, there's this overcharge spear Art that is supposed to really boost the damage from your next Art, but I haven't really tested it.

Vecks

Research probes are for money. Each location shows certain stats. Put research probes on places that have better revenue. Also, the money you get is on a set time. So just do other quests or go exploring/planting more probes in the mean time.

JKTrix

I did pretty much the same thing. My go-to was waiting for Shrapnel to reach its secondary cooldown and blow out enemy body parts. There's a lot of patience involved, which I like. Plus, there's a handful of other shots that I used as filler.

As for the spear, I definitely think that I want to try another melee weapon to pair with the sniper rifle, as, for the most part, I couldn't find much synergy. If anything, there's this overcharge spear Art that is supposed to really boost the damage from your next Art, but I haven't really tested it.
Overcharge I think was the one I couldn't really figure out.

My go-to, with boosted Ranged Combo from a skill, was Sidewinder (or any non-Shrapnel shooting skill), Hawkeye (to gimme that Crit), then Shrapnel. Consistently over 5,000 damage on the last hit, I've seen it spike up over 8000 if Shrapnel was double charged. Great stuff.

Sylas

Edit: If this wasn't already common knowledge: after you max out a path, you can use its weapons and arts in any other class. Skills were already interchangeable, but after you max out, everything else is too!

Bwah. Thanks guys. I'm gonna peek at what skills Crusader gets for Sniper before moving onto something else, I think. I'm really liking a bit of synergy between Photon Saber/Sniper Rifle. Appendages basically explode instantly if I decide to unload on them.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member

Another tip: Look for a probe location with sightseeing spots. Discovering just 1 sightseeing spots grants an extra 3K in revenue. It's 3K per sightseeing spot.

In Primordia, south west, there is a probe location with 1 sight seeing spot. If I remember correctly its near the waterfall. North of where you triggered the first Mira view cutscene after you woke up.

Sölf

That moment, when your full team finally is level 20+ and you then unlock a new character that is level 15.
Had another 3 hour Explore-And-Quest-Session done. Slowly my maps gets filled, I have nearly 50% in Primordia. Still not even 30% in Oblivia and I haven even really started exploring Sylvalum. Oh boy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bwah. Thanks guys. I'm gonna peek at what skills Crusader gets for Sniper before moving onto something else, I think. I'm really liking a bit of synergy between Photon Saber/Sniper Rifle. Appendages basically explode instantly if I decide to unload on them.

I was thinking sniper could work well with the longsword. Hit an appendage from behind with ultraslash after some sniper skills and it should straight up explode.

JulianImp

B-Dubs' avatar just reminded me that there's been a SCOUT guy right next to my barracks who was rocking some menacing black armor and a helmlet with huge horns extending to the sides. Too bad he wasn't named Black Shadow, but rather DIO (complete with the memetic MUDAMUDAMUDA greeting).

By the way, which online mode should I go for when the game starts up? Should we write our NNIDs down so we can have GAF's own SCOUT team?

MihowZa

Banned
You go to work one day and miss 30 pages >.<

I'm about to finish off Ch 5 @ 32 hours and lvl 25 then back to messing around with random quests and exploring. I e only really visited the three continents so I have lots of exploring to do. And really I've only hit half of Oblivia I think.

Xenoboy

Finally kicked Serene, the lost's ass. Of course I had to be the same level as it to effectively kill it -.-
Now I need some deflectors in Oblivia for the Repair Job affinity quest. Never been there, hope I survive!

sora87

Just sitting on the opening screen and letting it play the demo of all the scenery with that music really is fantastic.

Chaos17

I've come to realise that all noppon are cute by default.
What happened to Tatsu -.-'

By the way, which online mode should I go for when the game starts up? Should we write our NNIDs down so we can have GAF's own SCOUT team?

Gaffers NNIDS already made in the OP, quote to see link (the OP ofc)

For characters who aren't in their advanced classes like Lin and Irina, is there a way to promote them up their advanced class, or are they just stuck there?

I need help again. Where's the fn site on this? ty
1FbStxA.jpg

If it's the only I'm thinking of, look up. There's a REALLY REALLY sky high rocky area you have to fly to.

If not that and it's one near a mountain, then circle the moutain it's inside of a cave.

For characters who aren't in their advanced classes like Lin and Irina, is there a way to promote them up their advanced class, or are they just stuck there?

I think they're stuck. I think this is the way they want you to change to other party members and make the player experience unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom