• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who uses overdrive in ground gear very effectively can you explain how you extend overdrive? Do you use the color the gear thing turns to so you extend it or do you simply do the same color combination over and over again to extend overdrive?

To extend overdrive I think you need to get another 3000 tp and press it again. Combos will make overdrive give bonuses though

Someone who uses overdrive in ground gear very effectively can you explain how you extend overdrive? Do you use the color the gear thing turns to so you extend it or do you simply do the same color combination over and over again to extend overdrive?

both colour combination and 3000 tp reuse before overdrive ends... at higher count, colour combination time extend is enough to sustain the overdrive duration, depending on your build

Does anyone have a quick method of leveling up? I wanna do the New in New LA affinity mission but I need to be level 44.

I'm currently level 41.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just got my first skell. The jumping and exploration just got ramped up. Super fun and rewarding.

I already blew through my insurance I think. Jumped off into a bottomless pit in Oblivia and got one-shotted by a level 55 tyrant. Good times.

Jolkien

Does anyone have a quick method of leveling up? I wanna do the New in New LA affinity mission but I need to be level 44.

I'm currently level 41.

I'm not near the game at the moment. There's a spot with enemy skell near FN 504 in Cauldros. They are level 50 but super easy to kill.

I was just in Sylvalum looking for some blue sparkly things for some quest or another when I spotted a yellow treasure blip on my mini map. Normally when I know I'm going to be collecting items I'll switch to my crappiest, light Skell with piss poor weapons as a way to discourage me from exploring or getting tied up in combat and generally getting distracted from gathering (I can't help myself). Anyway, I flew down to the treasure and immediately had a crapload of prone aggro onto me. Normally I'd bug out and come back for the treasure later in my combat Skell, but for whatever reason decided to tough it out.

G-Buster sword in the loot after they'd died :D I've heard people farm it as a good stepping stone for working towards the Ares 90 and I've heard horror stories of people spending days trying to get one to drop. I can't even equip it for another 4 levels. 35k damage looks insane compared to what I have equipped at the moment.

jgwhiteus

Truly, a magnificent piece of art meant for holographic display:
DyFOBj4.jpg

I'm currently level 41.
If you have 3 or more people in skells then go find level low level 50 easy enemies like forfax or Blattas. Then fight them 1 by 1. This is the best way to level up plain and simple.

Blues1990

Actually, I destroyed it in order to build more miranium storage and now I make around 180K again. I just found an extra duplicate probe and placed it in Oblivia to expand it. The rest was more or less the same, minus some good spots in Cauldros and Sylvanum.

Ah, okies. I've been struggling to optimize the cash/miranium output, and I found your earlier post to be very helpful. Even though the top half of Noctilum is obscured & most of Cauldros isn't explored. Which spots in Cauldros and Sylvanum would you recommend dropping some probes?

Qurupeke

Ah, okies. I've been struggling to optimize the cash/miranium output, and I found your earlier post to be very helpful. Even though the top half of Noctilum is obscured & most of Cauldros isn't explored. Which spots in Cauldros and Sylvanum would you recommend dropping some probes?

I'm not on the game right now, but check for everything with 2/2 sightseeing spots, these give the most. Next, for A revenue. I've found out that Cauldros is really helpful in that aspect, there are a lot of nice spots, so I highly recommend to explore it.

I was trying to bring my miranium storage on over 100K but I failed at 87K. :( Does anyone know how many Storage Probes are in the game? I have 8 but I'd really do with a couple more...

Jolkien

I'm not on the game right now, but check for everything with 2/2 sightseeing spots, these give the most. Next, for A revenue. I've found out that Cauldros is really helpful in that aspect, there are a lot of nice spots, so I highly recommend to explore it.

I was trying to bring my miranium storage on over 100K but I failed at 87K. :( Does anyone know how many Storage Probes are in the game? I have 8 but I'd really do with a couple more...

Did you finish Cauldros collectopedia ?

Regiruler

How do I add augments like say Beam res III to an item with an empty slot

Press x when hovering over the item to augment when you're in the character's gear page (same option list that you access fashion gear from).

2 things:
1. Is there a way to reconnect when you disconnect and go into offline mode
2. The rankings are some bulllshiitttttttttttttttt, and this is coming from a curator. Fucking bandwagoners.

Jolkien

Press x when hovering over the item to augment when you're in the character's gear page (same option list that you access fashion gear from).

2 things:
1. Is there a way to reconnect when you disconnect and go into offline mode
2. The rankings are some bulllshiitttttttttttttttt, and this is coming from a curator

The fastest way to reconnect is going back to the main menu and reload. Yup, no way in game I shit you not.

Never man. After running around for twenty minutes I found it.

And after finishing the mission I get disconnected. Of course.

Still I got my items and tickets. Thanks game.

Reposting above question. This thread moves fast.

Also any suggestions on getting more storage probes, or is it quests and treasure like the other types?

I also would like to know the answer to this question.

How DO you unlock more gems/augments from being able to be engineered?

I would love to get an augment to gain more TP via arts that are meant for TP building.

So, something great just happened, I go to continue my last saved game and the loading bar just stops a quarter of the way through and sends me back to the main menu... save corrupted? There goes 60h+.

Jolkien

Any idea when we'll get a spoiler thread for this game, Is there a set rule ?

I know I'm in the minority of the crazies who are already done. (Played 138 hours in 8 days -_- )

So, something great just happened, I go to continue my last saved game and the loading bar just stops a quarter of the way through and sends me back to the main menu... save corrupted? There goes 60h+.

Try launching the game while being offline. It happened to me once and that fixed it. I went back online after.

Jims

I'm taking this game real slow, but enjoying the heck out of it. I haven't even started chapter 3 yet.

Funny story about doing Yelv's affinity quest this weekend (the one to get him as a party member)... Mission C had me hunting down 5 Metal Blattas. Pretty simple-sounding until I saw the quest markers on the map. I spent HOURS looking for a way to reach Headwater Summit (by way of... Fallshorn Isle, I think it's called?). Well, Fallshorn Isle has a bunch of bridges connecting it to the larger landmass, but all the bridges that are reachable from NLA (as a starting point) are guarded by level 30-40 Grexes that can 1-shot a level 15 scrub like me.

Anyway, I soon figured out that getting past the Grexes was pretty much impossible. So I explored around Fallshorn Isle probably 4 separate times from all angles, getting really salty the whole time because why are they handing out an un-abandonable quest like this to someone who is clearly too low-level to reach the destination?

So then the funny part: I actually managed to cheese my way up to the top of the Isle by finding one tiny climbable area of the cliffs (that I'm sure was in the game unintentionally). I snuck my way past all the level 50-ish beasts and crossed the final landbridge to Headwater Summit. Then I reach the quest marker spots, and... NOTHING. There's NOTHING THERE, after hours of trying to reach this dang lake. I wandered around the area for a full 24-hour cycle to make sure.

That's when I realized, my destination wasn't Headwater Summit at all. There's a cave right under my virtual feet that was totally reachable BENEATH the cliffs, meaning I never needed to reach Fallshorn Isle at all, let alone Headwater Summit.

lol...

Hahahahaha. Caves and underground areas cause so much map confusion in this game!

That reminds me of an Affinity Quest I did after Chapter 5 that takes you into a part of Noctilum. I had gotten over to the general area okay with a little stealthing needed... But when I got over there, it seemed like the nav pointer was directing me to this place up high, whereas I was at sea level. So I went around and took the land bridge over to that area, just kinda stealthing my way there and running past the high-level creatures. But when I got up there, I was greeted by certain death in one direction (I know what that environment means) and a path leading away from where I want to go.

I feel like I'm reading a wonky GPS sometimes trying to figure out precisely where the, "This can't be right" moment is and turning around. When I finally did a U-turn and found it, I felt really dumb for the ridiculous detour.

Shahadan

Constantly juggling party members for affinity missions is so annoying T_T
Especially since I always have to go somewhere to add someone back. Wtf would they do that

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The world of the original Xenoblade Chronicles was constructed for on-foot exploration, so there are foot paths and discernable paths for most of where you needed to get to, even the secret spots.

X's world is different. It feels initially much less "designed" and more organic. There are many paths to get to locales, and at first it doesn't feel like it's made for people to traverse.

Then you get the skells and you understand that the world was made for skell traversal. That sense of opening up feels very unique and exhilarating.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hahahahaha. Caves and underground areas cause so much map confusion in this game!

That reminds me of an Affinity Quest I did after Chapter 5 that takes you into a part of Noctilum. I had gotten over to the general area okay with a little stealthing needed... But when I got over there, it seemed like the nav pointer was directing me to this place up high, whereas I was at sea level. So I went around and took the land bridge over to that area, just kinda stealthing my way there and running past the high-level creatures. But when I got up there, I was greeted by certain death in one direction (I know what that environment means) and a path leading away from where I want to go.

I feel like I'm reading a wonky GPS sometimes trying to figure out precisely where the, "This can't be right" moment is and turning around. When I finally did a U-turn and found it, I felt really dumb for the ridiculous detour.

Follow ball. Love the follow ball.

JulianImp

I'm already at around 70 hours, with my true non-idle playtime being closer to 64 hours. This game just has so many things for players to do...

One thing I'm realizing is that the areas that looked fun to traverse due to scary overleveled monsters are becoming rarer now that I'm level 43, and that's a real shame. I still had to get the hell away from a couple lv 90 monsters in northern Noctilum, but most of my map traversal is really safe now (g-busters are so overpowered it isn't even funny). Even prone camps full of level ~48 stuff are safe as long as I don't battle too many enemies at once, and I'm no longer tempted to run away from most tyrants.

Earlier today I beat the mission where you'd rescue a BLADE's cat, but then I stopped paying attention to the dialog at the end of the mission and only got to hear Elma saying "you'll see in due time", which got me curious about what she might've been talking about and kind of frustrated that there's no way for me to check what happened outside looking for that cutscene in YouTube.

Jims

Follow ball. Love the follow ball.

That's true, but I always feel like the follow ball takes away some of the fun of hoofing it through an unknown territory. I like seeing the little blue dot on the mini map and kinda figuring out the path for myself. Kinda reminds me of how Metroid Prime worked, now that I think about it.

But yeah, I probably do waste a decent amount of time not using it much.

The world of the original Xenoblade Chronicles was constructed for on-foot exploration, so there are foot paths and discernable paths for most of where you needed to get to, even the secret spots.

X's world is different. It feels initially much less "designed" and more organic. There are many paths to get to locales, and at first it doesn't feel like it's made for people to traverse.

Then you get the skells and you understand that the world was made for skell traversal. That sense of opening up feels very unique and exhilarating.

Since 1998 I've been chasing that 'walking into Hyrule field' high over and over. A few games delivered - Oblivion, Fallout 3, Okami etc. This game has managed it three goddamned times; leaping from that first cliff, running around and fighting in your first Skell, and that absolutely glorious moment when you fly out over the walls of NLA in your Skell.

El Odio

Banned
I had swam up to Sylvalum early on in order to place the first probe at the entrance before teleporting back to NLA but now I've official gone there for Alexa's prototype quest. I was all ready to take in the view from the starting archway when some lvl 54 giant robot thing spotted me and nearly wrecked my skell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom