• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

White Cometite.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

So I'm on The Repair Job affinity quest. I have all the other components except for the 5 white cometites. I have mining probes set up at FN 115, 118, and one in Noctilum. As of about an hour and a half of collecting, I only have 2 out of 5. Do I really just have to wait for it to collect 5 to move forward? This is utter shit game design.

Wtf? I had to swim all the way to Cauldros to complete the mission where Hope joins. Took me a good 10-15 min to make it there. Am I missing something or does this game like to troll?

CrisKre

White Cometite.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

So I'm on The Repair Job affinity quest. I have all the other components except for the 5 white cometites. I have mining probes set up at FN 115, 118, and one in Noctilum. As of about an hour and a half of collecting, I only have 2 out of 5. Do I really just have to wait for it to collect 5 to move forward? This is utter shit game design.

Maybe its time to go land some probes and explore? Ihad like 6 probes installed and it took me 30 mins. Took the time to fulfill some other quests while I explored.

Wtf? I had to swim all the way to Cauldros to complete the mission where Hope joins. Took me a good 10-15 min to make it there. Am I missing something or does this game like to troll?

The mission did say the primary destination would be Cauldros. You could have just waited until you reached there through normal exploration before accepting the mission.

Ulysses 31

You're missing you sense of exploration and also the primairy location mentioned in the mission before accepting.

Venfayth

White Cometite.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Shore do. Better do some other stuff while you wait.

Chaos17

New OT name ?
1. Too deep, too complicated
2. Hold my hand, please or Hold me
3. Fly to the moon
4. The game that should've come to pc *run away*

White Cometite.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

And another rookie got "trapped" in that quest xD

zroid

Banned
White Cometite.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Maybe its time to go land some probes and explore? Ihad like 6 probes installed and it took me 30 mins. Took the time to fulfill some other quests while I explored.

I agree with this. If you've been exploring and installing probes sufficiently then you probably wouldn't be at this impasse. As you progress through the landscape, try to install mining probes wherever precious minerals can be found; you will end up with a ton of them as you play. Just treat this as an opportunity to go explore some more.

random25

Chapter 9 now done in a matter of minutes lol.

And the flight module quest was easy. Having the materials before it even started was an awesome feeling. Now I can fly the Miran skies!

spent an hour inside Devil's Colony

there has to be a secret passage to at least 1 more yellow treasure I see it far beyond the walls tried climbing up not dice

someone spoiler tag the answer for me

Ulysses 31

Chapter 9 now done in a matter of minutes lol.

And the flight module quest was easy. Having the materials before it even started was an awesome feeling. Now I can fly the Miran skies!

Carefull, there are things out there in the sky that can one shot you. >.>

brau

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Press L+A to read the thread

lol. i do like the L+A.

Is it me.. or do everyone sees the same msgs online over and over? I swear i always get the msg from that guy that said he hunted a turkey and if they want to join dinner. O_O

It always loops.

CrisKre

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Press L+A to read the thread

Ok, don´t laugh, but after all this time I still don´t know what L+A means, I see it on the miiverse posts but the few times I tried to do it it didn´t seem to do anything? The post said something about rewards. Anyone?

Edit: Oh, just as I thought its probably some douche being funny.

Squishy3

Ok, don´t laugh, but after all this time I still don´t know what L+A means, I see it on the miiverse posts but the few times I tried to do it it didn´t seem to do anything? The post said something about rewards. Anyone?

Edit: Oh, just as I thought its probably some douche being funny.
Yeah, it's what makes squad messages get shared among every squad via Miiverse. So IE: if someone said "The Tyrant ___________ is at FN217" or whatever, and enough people "liked" it by holding L+A, it'd be sent to every squad. It's why you see messages like "Praise Felix, the stream has started." keep showing up. (I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS ONE)

When the game first came out literally EVERYONE was saying "Hold L+A to play as Shulk" or "Hold L+A to unlock your Skell." It was the worst.

R.D.Blax

After 214h, I have finally finished the main story !

Goddamnit Monolith, you barely explained shit !!

Now a little break before gunning for the Ruler of Fate

Yeah, it's what makes squad messages get shared among every squad via Miiverse. So IE: if someone said "The Tyrant ___________ is at FN217" or whatever, and enough people "liked" it by holding L+A, it'd be sent to every squad. It's why you see messages like "Praise Felix, the stream has started." keep showing up. (I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS ONE)

When the game first came out literally EVERYONE was saying "Hold L+A to play as Shulk" or "Hold L+A to unlock your Skell." It was the worst.

I don't know where Felix comes from, but it's a bastardization of "praise Helix," which is from Twitch Plays Pokemon, where the shared player kept accidentally opening inventory and looking at the helix fossil, since it's the first item in inventory. (as if they were consulting a religious item for advice)

Also the message that keeps coming up "Hoxtinator follow me quickly!" is apparently a reference to Payday: The Heist.

CrisKre

Thanks for explaining. Ugh, thats gross.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Praise Felix, the Stream has Started.
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| That is a great idea!
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| What should I whip up today?
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Hold L+A for free Skells
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| If you know what I mean.
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| The
miiiiims
, Jack! (this one is kind of spoiler-ish)

The problem is that not enough people bother to "like" messages, or even posts stuff that gets popular in their squad, so nothing ever leaves the rotation. They probably programmed it thinking that there'd be new stuff upvoted every day, but no one cares, so the same stuff stays relevant for weeks.

You can see all the top posts that are always on rotation in miiverse here. There are several different "communities" on miiverse that it draws from, depending on when the message is posted. Here's a few others.

We could all get together and try to get a GAF message into the rotation :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
The problem is that not enough people bother to "like" messages, or even posts stuff that gets popular in their squad, so nothing ever leaves the rotation. They probably programmed it thinking that there'd be new stuff upvoted every day, but no one cares, so the same stuff stays relevant for weeks.

You can see all the top posts that are always on rotation in miiverse here. There are several different "communities" on miiverse that it draws from, depending on when the message is posted. Here's a few others.

That's it!? That's all the reports there is!?

That's it!? That's all the reports there is!?

Yeah. If we want to get one into rotation, we all need to get into the same squad via the friend system, then someone needs to say something and everyone else L+A on it.

EDIT: Wait I think what you're asking is if that's the full list...the way it works is that if enough people in a squad like what is said, then it gets moved into those lists automatically. So it's true that there aren't very many right now.

Whizkid7

Yeah which was why I was trying it out. My guy is still enforcer 9 but I wasn't seeing the advantages of the lower damages yet. So I was just checking to see if it would still be worth pursuing or just go back to a damage class.

I was enjoying it myself for a time, but arguably unless you can reliably use Brainjack there's not much fun to be had outside of that. Lotta nice debuffs though - Blackout, Virus and Debuff Res Down all on one weapon. And with Knife you get access to Smooth Recovery which is an awesome healing skill.

Beauty.

sZsdQDy.jpg

Starting my skell license mission. Half done right off the bat.
aP9m9ya.gif

Soon.

I wanted to share with you guys my impressions of XCX and why it has a place on my game of the year list:

XCX is to the Xeno series what Majoras Mask is to Ocarina Of time.

A game that at first glance bewilders and confuses its players, but that with some player investment becomes a whole so thought out, so intricate and intimate, that it trancends the norms of its respective genere.

Here is a game that throws all gaming conventions of the last 5 to 10 yesras out the window. A game that doesn´t hold player´s hands in the slightest. A game that above all else rewards exploration and player initiative, all within the confines of its premise: you are humanities last remnants, stranded in an alien planet, fighting for survival. It comes as no surprise, then, that the player is initially at a loss as to how it all works.

Exporing is of VITAL IMPORT here, as it should, and its rewarded by the game´s design in spades. Peril abounds. The surprising thing is how Monolith Soft managed to balance this, and soon, you start to feel more powerful and confident, understand the intricacies of this new planet and society, and become more and more attuned to the many wonders Mira offers. Its been a long long time since I felt so invested in a gaming world and felt a part of a bigger whole in an RPG.

I predict that, just like Majoraá Mask, players will look very very fondly on this masterclass of an RPG with a unique approach down the line because of its uniqueness, scope and sheer beauty of the world and creatures.
I dunno that the lack of tutorials is entirely on purpose, but overall I agree with you. The way MonolithSoft focused the game so purely, squarely, on exploration, adventure, and discovery is nothing short of incredible. Can't think of a more successful open world game in this regard.

I can't imagine XBCX being looked back upon with anything but fond memories.

Mega

Banned

Well, shit. This explains a lot. I thought the turkey one was a joke being triggered when someone in the squad killed a specific type of indigen.

massoluk

Banned
Current progress: Level 49, Chapter 11 completed, have 10 million in the bank.

Level 50 can't come soon enough. I have stockpile of Level 50 skell weapons in the waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom