• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You like Nintendo, but why do you like Nintendo?

miklonus

I grew up on them niggas. That's why I like Nintendo. 80's dude here. Fuckin' wit' 'em since 88.
I don't fuck with Nintendo anyMORE...but, aside from Atari, they introduced me to this shit.
I'm guessin' the person that made this thread was born in the 90s or 2000s. It reeks of it.

ahtlas7

High quality pick up and play, frustration free gaming with decent presentation and design.
However, I’m done with the Switch as an acceptable console and if Switch 2 doesn’t move the needle forward I’m likely done with their ecosystem.

Last edited:

Paasei

Their games are gameplay oriented, the most important aspect of a game for me.
Makes most of their games timeless.

Don't really like Nintendo as a company, but as long as they bring up games that are just fun to play, I'm happy.

Lambogenie

I think their world and character and theme building is top tier, even though I don't think I'm a big fan of any one thing. I enjoy here and there and it helps most can be enjoyed as one off things vs a long running story.

The quality and polish is obviously evident, even if I don't personally enjoy it (not everything is for me).

Emedan

Nintendo wont have any misses when all autestic journals overrate their games to the moon even when releasing turds like the latest Zelda game!

If MS or Sony released a game in that state they will never see the end of it, but its Ninty so .. let give it 85 Meta

🤣
What an absolute shit take. The new Zelda game has more creativity in it than Sony and MS has produced all generation combined, and it was even made by a b-tier studio.

I like Nintendo cause their development philosophy is unmatched. They prioritise fun and I'm glad to see that the old guard seem to have imbued the new generation in Nintendo with this also. You can really hear it when they talk about their games in interviews. Sure, they don't always hit the mark, but they keep on trying. I haven't had so much fun playing games as I have with the Switch the past 20 years - I'm glad my brother convinced me to buy one back in 2020.

Top Bottom