• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Ahh this damn game.

First, i was naive to think Best Buy would carry it, and assumed Fry's would have it and they both don't. Resorted to GameStop's store locator and it showed a couple stores in my area have it, only one did and it was a gutted copy. They also gave me a look when i said I'm not paying full price for that crap(not the exact words). So i called up 3 or 4 more around the area, and all don't have it except one. It is about 8:22, the store closes at 9pm and it is located across town. It's either that or i just order it online, but the sting of missing the preorder still burns.

Edit- as i typed this i'm headed out the door. I'll take my chances lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's not a matter of arranging the shapes... it's entering a second four letter code into the tablet.

0.o

Than what's up with the Parallelogram puzzle? Or does that unlock a code for the tablet? I can't solve the Parallelogram puzzle lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Um... are you talking about the business cards one?

No, for the Gold Archive File...

There's a Tangram Puzzle where I have to make a Parallelogram. I assume this gives me the clue for the Blue Gold Archive Password. I did the Business Card/HELP one already for the normal Safe Password.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No, for the Gold Archive File...

There's a Tangram Puzzle where I have to make a Parallelogram. I assume this gives me the clue for the Blue Gold Archive Password. I did the Business Card/HELP one already for the normal Safe Password.

I don't really remember that puzzle but...
think parallel lines + HELP.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
0.o

Than what's up with the Parallelogram puzzle? Or does that unlock a code for the tablet? I can't solve the Parallelogram puzzle lol

Yeah, the tangram gives you the 4 letter word to input.

The pieces are initially arranged into a square, which you can easily divide into 2 large triangles. Those 2 triangles can form the parallelogram you need with some rotation.

Maybe this image will help illustrate that: http://i.minus.com/iblsKOr7aJ3jEC.jpg

Sorry if that explanation sucked, lol. If you still can't solve the tangram, the passcode is
IILP

pariah164

I have tapped all over this first floor and I can't find a damn thing.
;A; Still clueless.

EDIT: Fffff WHY DID I NOT- Thanks. Damn this game makes me feel dumb sometimes.

SON OF EDIT: And now I'm stuck
on the lasers. Tried every combo I can think of, and nothing gets that middle cable to light up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
;A; Still clueless.

on the lasers. Tried every combo I can think of, and nothing gets that middle cable to light up.

Focus on the left most pipes. Remember, you have to direct the red current to the control box.

pariah164

Yes, I figured that out after much headdesking. Now it's
that second set of colors giving me grief. I can get two to connect, but not the third without overlapping.

Sorry if I'm annoying; every time I ask for help, I usually, suddenly get it. IDK why.

Noi

;A; Still clueless.

The laser doesn't have to be straight.

Edit: Bleh

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Does anyone else's watch have scratches on the display? I noticed the packaging was scratched at the top and though that was it, but when I opened it and looked at the watch I noticed some scratches on the display (all the across). And there's quite a bit of them. Not really complaining because it was basically free but something I noticed.

Does anyone else's watch have scratches on the display? I noticed the packaging was scratched at the top and though that was it, but when I opened it and looked at the watch I noticed some scratches on the display (all the across). And there's quite a bit of them. Not really complaining because it was basically free but something I noticed.

A lot of people have them. (Including myself) It's just on the plastic cover for the face. If you peel it off, it should be fine. :)

GSR

Hit lock 2, went back, hit lock 3, unlocked lock 2 in the process. Think I'm probably stopping for the night. Man,
Dio's a real asshole, isn't he?

3DS version has a little bit of jank with the framerate during exploration sections, but the ability to have an archive on the top screen while you solve a puzzle is ridiculously helpful.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yes, I figured that out after much headdesking. Now it's
that second set of colors giving me grief. I can get two to connect, but not the third without overlapping.

Sorry if I'm annoying; every time I ask for help, I usually, suddenly get it. IDK why.

One gold needs to cross to one purple and vice versa.

I've got another question. Does the PEC glitch mess up your entire game? Or only your save file?

Just the save file... which is really bad since the 3DS version has a total of one save slot.

pariah164

One gold needs to cross to one purple and vice versa.

Just the save file... which is really bad since the 3DS version has a total of one save slot.

That's what I figured out.
I mean the color matching to leave the chamber. White to purple, yellow to pink, blue to green.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
For people stuck in the infirmary, I have read on this thread that some people looked up the solution for the gold file and had no idea where and how it came from. Well, the solution is actually logical and there is a method to the madness.
in the medical drawer, you will notice that there are 2 doors, one on the right, and one on the left. The first time you key in the password (the one given on the note) only the right door opens. Most people don't realize that you can open the left door with another password. The 2nd password can be found using the cloth with the 5 by 5 grid. That cloth can be used with the scanner, but it also marks out several positions on the block puzzle with the 5 by 5 grid beside the drawer. Count the colours at these positions, and you will obtain the password for the left door, and get another sheet of cloth with a 5 by 5 grid, which when used with the scanner, gives the word FOUND

Vibed

Really disappointed this game wasn't optimized for 3D at all. During Novel sections characters look flat and when a special picture shows up, it's flat and doesn't fit the entire screen. Not to mention the slightly compressed sound is a little annoying. Apparently there's that save glitch too? Makes me wonder if was Vita was the lead platform.

Other than that its great. It's just making me wish I got the Vita version. I don't have a Vita, but I would have thought about buying one for this.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Really disappointed this game wasn't optimized for 3D at all. During Novel sections characters look flat and when a special picture shows up, it's flat and doesn't fit the entire screen. Not to mention the slightly compressed sound is a little annoying. Apparently there's that save glitch too? Makes me wonder if was Vita was the lead platform.

Other than that its great. It's just making me wish I got the Vita version. I don't have a Vita, but I would have thought about buying one for this.
Pretty sure this game is made for the 3ds, considering the graphical fidelity.

So I got this game ealier...and now am almost at four hours played already :O

I can't belive I trusted (AB Round 1 spoilers)
Alice! She betrayed me and Clver betrayed her team aswell. Don't fuck with 999 returnees.

Really enjoying it and am glad you have to get all endings to get the final ending. (So I heard.) But why is there ony nine endings on the save file and 18 endings on the flowchart? Will be interesting to find out!

I am glad I checked this thread and found out about that save glitch. So just don't save in that room. But apparantly it might freeze anyway? Wtf. That would ruin my average playtime. Do I only need to go through that room once? Should since I can travel in time with that flowchart thing. (This has to be a plot twist.)

On my way to the first ending soon. Yippe!

pariah164

Arg. There is no solving this. I'm ready to hurl my 3DS out a window since I can't save/quit/close the 3DS in this room. DAMN YOU PEC!

Noi

Arg. There is no solving this. I'm ready to hurl my 3DS out a window since I can't save/quit/close the 3DS in this room. DAMN YOU PEC!

If trying to get out of the
laser
room:
Remember that Clover is in the other room. Tap the window to talk to her.

If you have two keys and don't know what to do with them:
The two lockers in the room below can be opened.

If trying to solve the last puzzle:
After identifying what colors belong to what lines of the 8, trace them with your stylus. You should get the shape of the number to input to the right.

Those are all the spots where I got stuck, lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention, broke Lock No. 2 immediately as I came upon it.
No murder for you this time around, Clover!

Feep

Banned
Wait. I can't close the 3DS? I haven't saved the game in ages since the PEC, and now I'm a little worried. I definitely closed it a few times in that room.

Edit: Eh, I'm good.

pariah164

I have the paper Clover gave me. I can't solve the puzzle without overlapping the lines. I can connect white to purple and pink to yellow, but not blue to green because overlap.
See my issue??

Noi

I have the paper Clover gave me. I can't solve the puzzle without overlapping the lines. I can connect white to purple and pink to yellow, but not blue to green because overlap.
See my issue??

If blue to green is overlapping, then start by connecting the ones that give you trouble and then work your way around it. It doesn't have to be in order.

pariah164

If blue to green is overlapping, then start by connecting the ones that give you trouble and then work your way around it. It doesn't have to be in order.

I've been working on this for two hours; I've tried every combination I can possibly think of. I am nearly in tears from frustration and I just want to finish this god-forsaken room so I can SAVE.

Busaiku

Why is everyone (probably) such a jerk.
Except Luna, maybe, at least for now.
Until it's revealed that she's Zero of course!

TheExodu5

Banned
Fuck me. A non colorblind friendly puzzle.

In the second room, there are letters that are black, and others that are red. Can someone tell me which are which? It's not obvious at all to someone who's red/green colorblind, considering the wall texture.

edit: wow, apparently I can hardly see the red letters. Okay I can figure it out using the log.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Question about the ending paths and for those who finished the game (not a spoiler):

Which path has the "best ending"? Basing it on the downward tree diagram, left being the first, rightmost being the 18th.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Fuck me. A non colorblind friendly puzzle.

In the second room, there are letters that are black, and others that are red. Can someone tell me which are which? It's not obvious at all to someone who's red/green colorblind, considering the wall texture.

edit: wow, apparently I can hardly see the red letters. Okay I can figure it out using the log.

Which room are you talking about?

Question about the ending paths and for those who finished the game (not a spoiler):

Which path has the "best ending"? Basing it on the downward tree diagram, left being the first, rightmost being the 18th.

The thing is... that's all part of the game's mystery. You won't know until you've exhausted all the other paths.

Kazerei

Banned
So, uhh, can someone explain to me the treatment room puzzle?

I have the four times, 7:15, 6:20, 00:15, and 4:05. I don't get how to move around the board though. I figure m and h are minute and hour. That's all I got :S

Noi

So, uhh, can someone explain to me the treatment room puzzle?

I have the four times, 7:15, 6:20, 00:15, and 4:05. I don't get how to move around the board though. I figure m and h are minute and hour. That's all I got :S

Look again.

It's not four times. Convert the numbers at the bottom of each clock into hours and minutes.

Kazerei

Banned
Look again.

It's not four times. Convert the numbers at the bottom of each clock into hours and minutes.

I still don't get it :(

Was just splitting the letters in the two colors there (though I had those backwards...typo). Besides just seeing it, is there any proper way to figure out it's RED MOON?

IIRC, you get a beam of light to shine through the globe, which scatters and highlights RED MOON. Or something like that.

rpmurphy

Only got the chance to start playing for about 10 minutes today. :(
Tarako for Zero's VA was sort of a surprise, can't stop picturing Maruko-chan now. lol

Top Bottom