• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I envy you. :<

i might get it tomorrow or later though.
Pretty sure the next game we play at the same time will end up with you getting the plat before I could, lol. As it should be!

I ended up having to go back to pick up some files that I didn't bother picking up in some of the escape rooms. So... pick up everything while you're going along so the trophy will pop when you completely finish the game off. The Flowchart also tells you how many things you've picked up in each escape room so that's very handy.

This game is a persona voice cast reunion of sort eh?

so far so good. Glad to have something to play on my vita.

If Sandy wrecks shop..I'll have more than Pokemon to play.

Keep in mind there are big spoilers for 999 in this game. So if you ever want to play that, I'd say to play it before this one.

But if you don't care about that, I'd say go for it. The game is great on its own.

Well I don't have a DS right now and won't be getting a 3DS in the near future so I think I'll just pick this up when it releases here next month

PHEW.... 8 hours in and I finally got back to where I was when I lost my 14 hour save.

Now I can enjoy the game again.

Also Clover's character design annoys me. Why does she look like teenage Pebbles from The Flinstones?

pebbles4.jpg

Necrovex

Puzzle spoiler:
I'm in the last room, Q, and I am getting tired of all of these puzzles. I am having major issues with the dice puzzle. I have the paper from the books. However, I follow the instruction, and I checked multiple times to see I misplaced a die, but I cannot pass this damn puzzle! Any help here?

Edit: The hexagon puzzle is also giving me issues.

Aiming to finish this game tonight!

Venfayth

Puzzle spoiler:
I'm in the last room, Q, and I am getting tired of all of these puzzles. I am having major issues with the dice puzzle. I have the paper from the books. However, I follow the instruction, and I checked multiple times to see I misplaced a die, but I cannot pass this damn puzzle! Any help here?

The view you get from the dice in the book, PAY ATTENTION TO THE ANGLE YOU CAN SEE THE DICE FROM, INCLUDING THE NUMBERS ON THE SIDES. The view of your dice when you finish the puzzle must match the view of the dice in the pictures from the books. Also, I'm not sure if you actually need to have the side numbers matching, but I did.

Roto13

Puzzle spoiler:

Edit: The hexagon puzzle is also giving me issues.

Fuck it, the
Q Room is basically a "Where Are They Now?" of the most annoying puzzles in the game.

Eusis

Fuck it, the
Q Room is basically a "Where Are They Now?" of the most annoying puzzles in the game.
I went ahead and cheated on
the dice one. To be honest, I'd have probably done that fairly if it just controlled better, but it's so fucking frustrating to get them to roll l ike you would that I just didn't want to put up with it.

Roto13

I went ahead and cheated on
the dice one. To be honest, I'd have probably done that fairly if it just controlled better, but it's so fucking frustrating to get them to roll l ike you would that I just didn't want to put up with it.

Tell me how to cheat, because I'm fed up with this room and I want it to be over. This is the only room in the whole game I downright hate.

Necrovex

Tell me how to cheat, because I'm fed up with this room and I want it to be over. This is the only room in the whole game I downright hate.

I understand that hatred all too well.

Edit:
Another dice arrangement fail. Fuck this room so god damn hard. I wish a walkthrough was made, so I could simply follow it during this awful times in the game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A friend of mine its interested in the game and would like to know if plot suffers if you haven't played 999.

I have no money to buy it yet so I cant really answer that question.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A friend of mine its interested in the game and would like to know if plot suffers if you haven't played 999.

I have no money to buy it yet so I cant really answer that question.

TBH I think the impact of certain plot points will be lessened if you did not play 999 first.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darts was the second puzzle I did in the room, and it was a fairly simple one. I'm on working on the AB puzzle atm. I just got the gold file password. Trying to get the escape password atm.

After this room, how much longer do I have before I complete the game?

That's the final puzzle.
To get the escape password, have A vs E ally three times.

Roto13

Darts was the second puzzle I did in the room, and it was a fairly simple one. I'm on working on the AB puzzle atm. I just got the gold file password. Trying to get the escape password atm.

After this room, how much longer do I have before I complete the game?

Apparently nobody on the internet is even talking about that puzzle, according to my google-fu.

That's the final puzzle.

How about the file password? :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Apparently nobody on the internet is even talking about that puzzle, according to my google-fu.

How about the file password? :p

1&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;D&#12305; Ally
2&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;C&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;Betray
3&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;D&#12305;Ally

Eusis

That's the final puzzle.
Yeah, I was overthinking that puzzle for the Escape answer, only to succeed when trying a simple solution. Had no problems getting the File answer though.

Roto13

1&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;D&#12305; Ally
2&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;C&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;Betray
3&#65306;&#12304;A&#12305;VS&#12304;E&#12305;&#12304;B&#12305;VS&#12304;D&#12305;Ally

Ugh, thank you. It's finally over.

Busaiku

So I'm confused...
I did get something, but for some reason, I can't proceed...

It could be that I can't read my own hand writing...
I got the password for 3 bombs, but it won't let me enter it.
BQZ RGJ DXR for Bomb 1
LXQ LHC NMR for Bomb 3
LXA QNS GDQ for Bomb I'm not sure, I'm guessing 2
If these are the right combinations, and I just can't read my own hand writing, can someone correct me?
If I'm completely off, don't tell me though, just give me the ones that I'm pretty close on, but might have jotted down a couple letters differently.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What.

WHAT.
Hahahahaha. Now I have to ask.

So I'm confused...
I did get something, but for some reason, I can't proceed...

It could be that I can't read my own hand writing...
I got the password for 3 bombs, but it won't let me enter it.
BQZ RGJ DXR for Bomb 1
LXQ LHC NMR for Bomb 3
LXA QNS GDQ for Bomb I'm not sure, I'm guessing 2
If these are the write combinations, and I just can't read my own hand writing, can someone correct me?
If I'm completely off, don't tell me though, just give me the ones that I'm pretty close on, but might have jotted down a couple letters differently.
Your last one is for Bomb 0. You're missing Bomb 2's. Other two are right.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, but was that the right password then? Cause I still couldn't get beyond that check.

LXQ LHC NMR for #3
BQZ RGJ DXR for #2

Looks like you still need to find the #2 code. It won't let you go to the #1 bomb without having 2's code.

Volcynika

I know it exists as an extra and such, but I find the reactions of opening the safe for the gold files hilarious.

Normal opening -- "Aw sweet what's all in here, files, info, etc, and a key! Let's read this info we got and then let's go!"

Gold File opening -- "You opened it yay! I don't care about that though, don't even want to look at it."

GSR

Finished K's ending, now working on Luna's. I get the feeling I'm about to hit that point where you unlock one lock, which unlocks another, which unlocks another...

Re: K's ending:
I feel pretty bad for the guy - sounds like he had a pretty crappy upbringing. Also, between Tenmyouji's reaction to the old woman's death and some details of K's story, I'm pretty sure I know who the old woman is. Curiouser and curiouser.

Oh, and I guess K is Sigma, or a clone of him, or something. So there's that.

Midou

I don't think I have too much left, have most of the personal endings and only one puzzle left. My head is full of fuck.

A quick question though.

On the left most path I have a novel part not finished, where I need to input a password into the computer in the director's room, will this be obvious when I get it? Should I have gotten it by now? By the text it seems to be implying I should know it, but I have no real idea as to what it could be. It didn't show up as to be continued, so I wasn't sure if I should know it. Not looking for hints as much as 'will it be obvious if I keep playing, or should I have figured it out?'

Thanks.

Err... what the fuck? I'm in the laboratory and I solved the Gold File password accidentally. But I don't even get what the puzzle for that was.

I only ground up the seeds, and then that solved the gold file puzzle after I put it in the microscope. I thought for sure the water would be the gold file puzzle. Speaking of which can anyone help me?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't think I have too much left, have most of the personal endings and only one puzzle left. My head is full of fuck.

A quick question though.

On the left most path I have a novel part not finished, where I need to input a password into the computer in the director's room, will this be obvious when I get it? Should I have gotten it by now? By the text it seems to be implying I should know it, but I have no real idea as to what it could be. It didn't show up as to be continued, so I wasn't sure if I should know it. Not looking for hints as much as 'will it be obvious if I keep playing, or should I have figured it out?'

Thanks.

You should have gotten the information you need in both Sigma and K's endings.

AniHawk

just ran into my first game-crashing error. happened as i chose to go back to one of the ambidex rooms and redo my decision. fortunately, it happened right after i saved since i got one of the endings.

Top Bottom