• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can you give some general details on this? I still haven't decided which version to buy, but would prefer 3DS for touch screen (PSTV being my other option).

We encountered framerate issues, specifically... dropping as low as 2 fps it seemed like in some cases.

knkng

We encountered framerate issues, specifically... dropping as low as 2 fps it seemed like in some cases.

Damn. Thanks for the info.

Gah, I don't know, I might just stick with the 3DS for the touch screen anyways. As long as there's no game crashing, it should be ok I guess.

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
Embargo that I got told us not to take screenshots and video, and limited streaming to two minutes. I imagine some people will break embargo and include their own screenshots, but still...

Nope, we were only told not to put spoilers in screenshots. I'll take one right now.

Rektash

Preoderd the VITA version on VGP yesterday. Will buy the steam version as well and probably get the 3DS version for comparison as well when it's cheaper. Reviews looking nice so far!

BOY, I CAN'T WAIT!

Nope, we were only told not to put spoilers in screenshots. I'll take one right now.

Ah I think you're right haha. I re-read it and it's worded a bit weirdly, but I guess they don't want spoilers in screenshots, though for a game like this what constitutes a spoiler is wide open for interpretation.

takoyaki

someone in this thread asked about the controls/item selection on Vita. Here's a few screenshots from the manual (taken from the video review posted last page):

screenshot2016-06-23ax2rgm.png

screenshot2016-06-23aqlppf.png

screenshot2016-06-23atip7u.png

screenshot2016-06-23agaorw.png

Two Words

Is sticking with the 3DS version when you have other options really worth it for the sake of having all of the games playable on the same device?

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
Is this basically an easy platinum on Vita like VLR?

It's easier. No Gold File equivalents. Just see all the content and it's a Platinum.

Does ZTD cap off the trilogy and loose ends from 999 and VLR properly?

Yes and no. It leaves a lot of questions in the dust, answers some in weird ways, answers some in very satisfying ways, and then answers one of the biggest VLR questions in one offhanded sentence. It's a huge grab bag in my eyes, though that's very subjective and will be divisive amongst fans.

It's easier. No Gold File equivalents. Just see all the content and it's a Platinum.

Yes and no. It leaves a lot of questions in the dust, answers some in weird ways, answers some in very satisfying ways, and then answers one of the biggest VLR questions in one offhanded sentence. It's a huge grab bag in my eyes, though that's very subjective and will be decisive amongst fans.

As long as I don't get Remember 11'd I'm fine.

MattyG

Banned
If I haven't played 999 or VLR yet and have had major twists like SPOILER FOR VLR
them being on the moon
spoiled, should I play them anyways or skip straight to ZTD. I own them both, I just never got around to them. Worth playing before this even if I know some stuff about them?

I just don't want to try to get through 3 VNs in a row and then get tired. I barreled through Danganronpa 1 (my first and only VN) in a few days and then couldn't bring myself to get past the first 5 hours of 2 later that year.

SexyFish

Banned
If I haven't played 999 or VLR yet and have had major twists like SPOILER FOR VLR
them being on the moon
spoiled, should I play them anyways or skip straight to ZTD. I own them both, I just never got around to them. Worth playing before this even if I know some stuff about them?

You need to play them or know all the plot points from them before diving into this. It'll make the experience 10 times better. The
on the moon bit
is nothing in the scheme of things.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
them being on the moon
Yes, go play 999 right now. Even if you are spoiled, it's really fun.

MattyG

Banned
You need to play them or know all the plot points from them before diving into this. It'll make the experience 10 times better. The
on the moon bit
is nothing in the scheme of things.

Yes, go play 999 right now. Even if you are spoiled, it's really fun.
Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow then.

Yes, go and play them before you even play this.
Also not the/a big spoiler... you've got no idea what you're in for. :D
I also know that
there's a virus on earth that killed a ton of the population... or something.
I'm guessing there's still ton more that I don't know though. Yayyyyy.

Galactic Fork

Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow then.

I also know that
there's a virus on earth that killed a ton of the population... or something.
I'm guessing there's still ton more that I don't know though. Yayyyyy.

Do you have 999 Spoilers? One thing about 999, though not being able to speed up dialog is annoying, it gets better each playthrough as stuff you've seen can be fast forwarded really fast. Also it's best on the DS.

ST2K

Anyone know of a good recap video for VLR's plot? I forgot most everything of my experience when playing that game, except the feeling of being stunned at how intricate and well put together it was and that I wanted to play ZE3 right away.

MattyG

Banned
The real question is, would it be worth it for me to get VLR on Vita instead of 3DS? I have it on 3DS but I've heard Vita is better.

Do you have 999 Spoilers?
Ehhhh, all I remember is something about
an ending where someone gets an axe to the head or something similar to that.
I know way less about 999 than about VLR.

SexyFish

Banned
The real question is, would it be worth it for me to get VLR on Vita instead of 3DS? I have it on 3DS but I've heard Vita is better.

I have it on Vita, friend has it on 3DS. Vita looks better but 3DS has the better touch screen. They're both great ways to play the game.

Galactic Fork

VLR was made for both so other than personal preference I don't think it matters too much. if you have the 3ds, that should be fine. that's what I have.
Yeah! you got nothing. It's been a while since a live LTTP thread of a new 999 player.

Top Bottom