• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Mamba said:
What an amazing defensive play by Kobe and then Ron hits the shot to keep the momentum!

Odom doing the little things for everyone else right now, too! Like the energy right now.

Odom has such great court awareness. Doesn't matter how high emotions are flying the guy always plays level headed.

Omiee said:
I dont know about you guys but this latest play by the lakers since the all star break has me thinking that our chanses to reach the finals is pretty big.

helps that the Spurs are the worst no. 1 seed in recent memory and the Mavs are our only real threat (and we own them).

Omiee said:
I dont know about you guys but this latest play by the lakers since the all star break has me thinking that our chanses to reach the finals is pretty big.

it doesn't matter how you did in the first half or the second half. the playoffs has always been a completely separate season

Omiee

Ninja Scooter said:
helps that the Spurs are the worst no. 1 seed in recent memory and the Mavs are our only real threat (and we own them).

i dont know about that yet, i want to see how we are going to play against this new nuggets team.

ph33nix said:
it doesn't matter how you did in the first half or the second half. the playoffs has always been a completely separate season

i know but they showed that they still got it when they have their game faces on.

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:
the Mavs are our only real threat (and we own them).

You guys split the first two games, where neither game was decided by double digits.

How is owning them only being up by 3 at halftime on your own floor?

Kobe with the chucking heat check too often, other than that nice first half. Hopefully we can pull awawy.

SamuraiX- said:
You guys split the first two games, where neither game was decided by double digits.

How is owning them only being up by 3 at halftime on your own floor?

In the Phil/Kobe era I mean. Plus Im not scared of the Mavs come playoff time. Seen too many Dirk-led disappearing acts.

Decent 1st half. Some defensive let-downs, though. Not really funneling players into Bynum in this game. Pau needs to not let Dirk blow by him at the least.

Thankfully Terry missed that wide open transition 3. Lakers energy has been pretty good, just need to get more defensive stops out of em.

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:
In the Phil/Kobe era I mean. Plus Im not scared of the Mavs come playoff time. Seen too many Dirk-led disappearing acts.

I thought Peja Stojakovic and Corey Brewer were supposed to be the key missing pieces?

be scurd

But really, the Lakers haven't faced the Mavs in a Playoff series in like over 20 years.

That's why I'm dying to see one this season. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

Judging from the last few pages, you'd think the Lakers were up 20, instead they're in a close game with a team who was trailing the Jazz and Timberwolves recently.

Omiee

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Judging from the last few pages, you'd think the Lakers were up 20, instead they're in a close game with a team who was trailing the Jazz and Timberwolves recently.

come on now, the score does not reflect how they were playing.

SamuraiX- said:
I thought Peja Stojakovic and Corey Brewer were supposed to be the key missing pieces?

be scurd

But really, the Lakers haven't faced the Mavs in a Playoff series in like over 20 years.

That's why I'm dying to see one this season. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

It's pretty amazing how they never played each other in the playoffs. And what ever happened to Corey Brewer? He doesn't play.

just hope we dont gass out with all these wins, i hope we still have a lot left for the playoffs.

Considering they took December, Januaury, and February off, I'd hope so.

Sorry, I wouldn't know the perspective of a fan of a lottery team whose best player is Raja Bell.

Black Mamba said:
It's pretty amazing how they never played each other in the playoffs. And what ever happened to Corey Brewer? He doesn't play.

I still contend that he is a good player (Simmons' made a rare good point, that when the dumbass Knicks got rid of him all the "smart" teams like the Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, ect..immediately went after him). Hard to get PT on a contender though when you get thrust into their team post-all star break. Bad thing for him is this is a contract year. He's probably gonna have to sign somewhere for the minimum (DO IT MITCH, he can be the Shannon replacement)

Ninja Scooter said:
I still contend that he is a good player (Simmons' made a rare good point, that when the dumbass Knicks got rid of him all the "smart" teams like the Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, ect..immediately went after him). Hard to get PT on a contender though when you get thrust into their team post-all star break. Bad thing for him is this is a contract year. He's probably gonna have to sign somewhere for the minimum (DO IT MITCH, he can be the Shannon replacement)

brewer is locked up for 3 years using the BAE, i believe. about 2 mil a year.

Ninja Scooter said:

Dallas signed him to a 3 year deal. He played at the beginning, but now just stopped. Even before Peja came back, I believe.

Omiee

that courtvision.

oke woow that is the second horrible call. if anbody says larefs now they are true. that was clearly of kobe.

Omiee

get fisher the fuck out, blake was playing really well this game.

how can you miss that pau. we have been missing some realy easy buckets. dont get cocky now la.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom