• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Mike Breen just said the Hornets have the least amount of playoff experience. Is that true? The Pacers are a bunch of rookies and second year players.

dream

Dark FaZe said:
Not saying they will automatically win a chip...but you can see with your eyes that they didn't give effort tonight.

What I saw today was...the Lakers. Pau being soft as baby shit. Kobe scoring 34 points on 26 shots. Lamar being wildly inconsistent. Fish being completely lost against a point guard that can shoot off the dribble and run an offense. I just saw the Lakers doing what the Lakers do.

Pkaz01 said:
Amare is not soft go look at chris bosh or pau gasol if you want soft.

not playing defense or rebounding, the two toughest things to probably do as a big, makes you soft. Pau is arguably better at both than STAT.

The Crimson Blur said:
Well I think all we've learned the last 2 days is that the playoffs are really unpredictable and you should never underestimate any opponent.

Spurs lost at least twice game 1 on their title runs. I think 3 times.

People overreact too much to a single game. I think Spurs and LA will be fine, though Spurs in more of a problem. Overmatched teams often expend all their energy winning the first game then going out.

edit: Lakers really hate Early Sunday games. have they won more than 1 or 2 of them this season?

Blackface

Banned
Pkaz01 said:

And i'm not a professional basketball player but I can still see that derrick fisher sucks now and pau gasol is soft. Just calling it like it is.

Amare is as soft as Bosh and Pau. Saying otherwise is fucking retarded as hell. The guy is allergic to defense.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Lololololo, good show Lakeshow! It's only one game but this is pretty damn hilarious.

Fuck you Pau and Odom. Kobe needs a team with him. Not guys that are there to watch him play.

Paul and the Hornets gets mad props. Probably one of the best play-off games I have seen played by a young team.

Lakers will win this in 6.

rc213

Pkaz01 said:

And i'm not a professional basketball player but I can still see that derrick fisher sucks now and pau gasol is soft. Just calling it like it is.

Pau is toilet paper soft and Amare is tissue soft.

charsace

No David West and a hobbled Chris Paul and the Hornets still taxed that ass in their own place.

diehard take your avatar:
33mtxs6.jpg

Pkaz01

Ninja Scooter said:
not playing defense or rebounding, the two toughest things to probably do as a big, makes you soft. Pau is arguably better at both than STAT.
True, but at least amare won't just sit there and shoot jumpers like pau did today.

and my point is that just cuz someone might not play defense either doesn't mean what they say isn't true.

linsivvi

Ninja Scooter said:
Except that Amare calling anyone else soft is like Elton John calling George Michael a "fucking cigarette"

At least Elton John is still releasing albums at his age. George Michael faded away on lawsuits and drugs and public toilet sex. What a fucking waste.

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Except that Amare calling anyone else soft is like Elton John calling George Michael a "fucking cigarette"

Amare would never have such a stinker against this frontline in a playoff game. Pau is puss

Omiee

its still one game, they lost another big and no way chris paul is going to be god like the whole series.
This will be over in either 5 or 6.

Black Mamba said:
Spurs lost at least twice game 1 on their title runs. I think 3 times.

People overreact too much to a single game. I think Spurs and LA will be fine, though Spurs in more of a problem. Overmatched teams often expend all their energy winning the first game then going out.

edit: Lakers really hate Early Sunday games. have they won more than 1 or 2 of them this season?

So basically you are still underestimating your opponent despite all evidence to the contrary.

Cool. Have fun in Game 2.

Gigglepoo

ryutaro's mama said:
James Posey.

He didn't even play yesterday.

Look who played for the Pacers:

Grangers
Hansbrough
Hibbert
Collison
Paul George
Jeff Foster
Mike Dunleavy
AJ Price
McRoberts
Brandon Rush

That's pretty ridiculous.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Crimson Blur said:
So basically you are still underestimating your opponent despite all evidence to the contrary.

Cool. Have fun in Game 2.

He's not actually playing in game 2. Not sure if a fan can underestimate a team :)

thekad

Banned
Omiee said:
its still one game, they lost another big and no way chris paul is going to be god like the whole series.
This will be over in either 5 or 6.

Goes to 7 like I predicted. Kobe & the Lakers are frauds and they've been exposed.

Pkaz01 said:
True, but at least amare won't just sit there and shoot jumpers like pau did today.

and my point is that just cuz someone might not play defense either doesn't mean what they say isn't true.

Other than shooting jumpers, what else does he do? Dunk the ball on wide open pick and rolls? What a tough guy. Both guys are finesse, offensive oriented players. Amare is just black. That's the difference let's be real.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
There's no way in hell the Hornets will have only 3 turnovers and Pau will play like his alter-ego Paulina again. There is just no way that is going to happen. I don't think the Hornets will be airballing FT's either next time.. but It wont make a difference so long as Pau plays like a fucking man. Which he has been doing all season against them save for tonight.

This game was just fucking weird plain and simple.

exarkun

Soooo the lakers lose because they resort to playing rely on Kobe first basketball which either leads to him shooting, passing to the big guy underneath for an easy basket (or he gets the rebound off of Kobe's shot), or kicking it out to the guy for a three (Artest).

Sounds about right. Pau not getting in the game was a bit Kobe ball hogging and a lot him just getting tired of being muscled up. They threw three different big men at him and he wilted like a flower. Bynum looked re-re on the defensive side a ton of times, and offensively was ok.

Laker's need to play share-ball/triangle offense to win it. Letting Kobe set people up was what lost you guys games during the regular season. Awful time to revert back to that shit.

overcast

Puddles said:
Paul and Kobe are both so vastly superior to Lebron it's ridiculous.

Lakers win by 20 tonight with Bosh at PF.
Jesus christ. I'm no Lebron fan by any means, but why did you even bring him up? You guys and your hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom