• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Puddles said:
Paul and Kobe are both so vastly superior to Lebron it's ridiculous.

Lakers win by 20 tonight with Bosh at PF.

I can't think of anything Lebron isn't better at then them. Better shooter, passer, rebounder, post player, clutch etc...

Omiee

thekad said:
Goes to 7 like I predicted. Kobe & the Lakers are frauds and they've been exposed.

no way this is going to 7, and their not frauds. They are lazy and i hate it but what are you going to do. I fully expect them to blow the hornets out in game 2.

charsace said:
No David West and a hobbled Chris Paul and the Hornets still taxed that ass in their own place.

diehard take your avatar:
33mtxs6.jpg
Seriously I think hes dodging you.

DY is lucky he is in Basic Training, his My Little Pony was going to be glorious.

exarkun said:
Soooo the lakers lose because they resort to playing rely on Kobe first basketball which either leads to him shooting, passing to the big guy underneath for an easy basket (or he gets the rebound off of Kobe's shot), or kicking it out to the guy for a three (Artest).

Sounds about right. Pau not getting in the game was a bit Kobe ball hogging and a lot him just getting tired of being muscled up. They threw three different big men at him and he wilted like a flower. Bynum looked re-re on the defensive side a ton of times, and offensively was ok.

Laker's need to play share-ball/triangle offense to win it. Letting Kobe set people up was what lost you guys games during the regular season. Awful time to revert back to that shit.

Pau had six rebounds in 38 minutes. Dude just didn't come to play.

Pkaz01

Ninja Scooter said:
Other than shooting jumpers, what else does he do? Dunk the ball on wide open pick and rolls? What a tough guy. Both guys are finesse, offensive oriented players. Amare is just black. That's the difference let's be real.
i wont pull a blackface and argue about this for the next three pages. I'll agree that they are both offensive oriented and finesse and only give 100% on both ends of the floor when they feel like it.

The Crimson Blur said:
So basically you are still underestimating your opponent despite all evidence to the contrary.

Cool. Have fun in Game 2.

All Evidence? Lakers swept all 4 games during the season and NOH never led by more than 4. CP3 had an amazing game and Gasol was a total non-factor. He shot 71% in the other 4 games. And this game was within 3 late despite some bad calls against LAL.

People overreact. The evidence says Lakers much better. It's tough to go 8-0 against any team.

The Crimson Blur said:
Um

commish, my man. That makes no sense. Of course a fan can underestimate a team.

It doesn't matter if fans underestimate the team, it matters what the actual players do. You think your opinion of the Grizz is going to affect the series or something?

Pkaz01 said:
i wont pull a blackface and argue about this for the next three pages. I'll agree that they are both offensive oriented and finesse and only give 100% on both ends of the floor when they feel like it.

I get what you are saying, that it doesn't matter that Amare is soft because what he was saying was true, what I am saying is why people gave Amare shit for making the comment in the first place, which was your original question.

exarkun

Gigglepoo said:
They went to 7 against the Rockets and still won the title

We lost Yao in game 3. We had won 2-1 at that point. I don't cry over spilled milk, but its a completely different situation. We lost our star player AND big man. They still have both, but lost a back up.

thekad

Banned
Omiee said:
no way this is going to 7, and their not frauds. They are lazy and i hate it but what are you going to do. I fully expect them to blow the hornets out in game 2.

You also thought the Lakers would win game 1. Wrong before; wrong now.

Puddles said:
Paul and Kobe are both so vastly superior to Lebron it's ridiculous.

Lebron 1-0
Kobe 0-1

u mad?

TangMeng

They said 80% of teams that lose game 1 lose the series, which gaurantees that either the Spurs or Lakers won't make it out of the first round. I'm putting my money on LA. So much for Kobe catching up to Jordan lol

ryutaro's mama said:
Agreed.

Is it weird that I'm more hyped for the OKC/DEN game than I am for the LAL/NOH game?

My hype order for tomorrow is:

OKC/DEN
BOS/NY
LAL/NOH
SAS/MEM

threenote said:
Nobody is excited about the Lakers game, but I hope we aren't over confident

ryutaro's mama said:
I don't know who the fuck you are but saying that, you obviously don't watch the Lakers on a regular basis.

The Lakers will most likely show up and go through the motions, say "oh shit" in the 2nd and make it close by halftime.

Sleep walk the 3rd (giving up whatever lead they may have) and then play a 4th that is harder than it should be, resulting in a win.

Maybe.

threenote said:
I actually watch the Lakers all the time. -__-

ryutaro's mama said:
Then you would know this year's Laker team almost NEVER:

1) takes advantage of their size on a consistent basis

2) jumps on a team early and keeps their foot on the gas (that 5pur5 game was an aberration)

3) destroys a team they should easily beat

4) comes out with a sustainable effort, i.e. play the full 48 minutes

The Lakers are the biggest Jeckyll / Hyde team ever.

I fully expect the Hyde team tomorrow, especially when you have guys like Bynum say after losing to the Jazz 86-85, "We expected them to roll over by the 3 and they didn't." <shrug>

Yeah, that shit.

The Crimson Blur said:
Hes being guarded by Derek Fisher.

I don't think Lakers fans watched the other side of the bracket in '08, Paul (when he's not trying to get Byron Scott fired) dominated the Mavs and Spurs in back to back series.

overcast

exarkun said:
We lost Yao in game 3. We had won 2-1 at that point. I don't cry over spilled milk, but its a completely different situation. We lost our star player AND big man. They still have both, but lost a back up.
That series was so great. I miss Yao so much.

Cloudy

Banned
Omiee said:
its still one game, they lost another big and no way chris paul is going to be god like the whole series.
This will be over in either 5 or 6.

You think Paul was the only issue today? Their bench killed us, Landry destroyed Pau and Okafor had a horrible game

Tom Penny said:
I can't think of anything Lebron isn't better at then them. Better shooter, passer, rebounder, post player, clutch etc...

Wait am I reading this wrong? Are you trying to Lebron is a clutch player?

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
So basically you are still underestimating your opponent despite all evidence to the contrary.

Cool. Have fun in Game 2.

What evidence, pau was not existing odom was a ghost, fisher was getting killed and our bench was horrible. While the hornets bench was killing it, CP3 was having a career night and we were still only down 2 or 4 most of the 4th quarter.

no way pau is going to be a bitch next game, and odom is going to step it up.
im not worried.

Pkaz01

TangMeng said:
They said 80% of teams that lose game 1 lose the series, which gaurantees that either the Spurs or Lakers won't make it out of the first round. I'm putting my money on LA. So much for Kobe catching up to Jordan lol
Statistics don't matter in the playoffs, they said the same shit to the suns last year when they got surprised by the blazers. Its just game 1 and hornets just wanted it more.

Gigglepoo

exarkun said:

That's the point. The Rockets were severely injured and they somehow took the Lakers to 7. And it didn't mean anything. The Lakers still won the title. Doesn't matter if the Lakers beat the Hornets in 4 or 7.

TangMeng said:

Guarantees!?

Forceatowulf said:
There's no way in hell the Hornets will have only 3 turnovers and Pau will play like his alter-ego Paulina again. There is just no way that is going to happen. I don't think the Hornets will be airballing FT's either next time.. but It wont make a difference so long as Pau plays like a fucking man. Which he has been doing all season against them save for tonight.

This game was just fucking weird plain and simple.

Every game is different. Next game Lakers won't hit a halfcourt shot at the end of halftime. Hornets won't make a ton of contested 2s. Every game is special in its own way.

Gigglepoo said:
They went to 7 against the Rockets and still won the title

Rockets never took HCA away.

Ninja Scooter said:
It doesn't matter if fans underestimate the team, it matters what the actual players do.

Well, duh. I never said anything different..

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Wow, is anyone else getting 500 errors on ESPN's mobile site? Lakers destroyed ESPN, lol.

Duki

Banned
so how come deron was never able to expose fisher and the lakers like this and cp3 is

oh right

because hes nowhere near as good

l
m
a
o

Exactly Mama. If the lakers get their head on straight, they can't lose to this team. The only question is if.

Hopefully this is a good thing for them. Getting beat in game 1 might be something they needed. They've been trying to float a bit too much for the past 3 weeks.

Gigglepoo

Duki said:
so how come deron was never able to expose fisher and the lakers like this and cp3 is

oh right

Fisher/Lakers struggle against lightning-fast PGs like CP3 and Westbrook. That's not Deron's game.

punkypine

the best part about the lebron talk is that the game had nothing to do with him, not even ESPN brought him up, and still, people cant stfu about him

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
Other than shooting jumpers, what else does he do? Dunk the ball on wide open pick and rolls? What a tough guy. Both guys are finesse, offensive oriented players. Amare is just black. That's the difference let's be real.
You mean dunk on people right? Because Amare obviously likes to dunk on people. Its to the point where he will fuck up offensive rebounds to try and catch it and dunk on people going for the board when he could just catch the ball are try to tip it in. Amare is a shitty defender though. Soft? No.

Pkaz01

put boozer and this hornets team and they would have lost today.

Not fair to deron he went off on the lakers plenty of times. Boozer did not.

Omiee

what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, and that has been the story for LA the last few years.

They learned from the boston series, had a tough series against okc and the rockets the year before that.
Lakers for some kind of reason become stronger and player better when everything is against them and people are writing them off.

again not worried.

TangMeng said:

80% of teams with HCA that lose game 1? No. Try getting a stat that matters. Lakers and Spurs winning the series and all the other game 1 winner means 6/8 which is 75%. you know, because higher seeds that win game won probably win 90%.

heck, go look up the % of 1/2 seeds that lose game 1 losing the series. I'll bet you it ain't close to 80%.

This shit happens every year. Orlando did it. Spurs consistently have done it. I feel like Boston did it once. It's pretty much only Dallas who loses.

Gigglepoo said:
That's the point. The Rockets were severely injured and they somehow took the Lakers to 7. And it didn't mean anything. The Lakers still won the title. Doesn't matter if the Lakers beat the Hornets in 4 or 7.

This series is not the Rockets series. There is no correlation.

MiDNiGHTS said:
Rockets won game 1.

My bad. I forgot.

Black Mamba said:
All Evidence? Lakers swept all 4 games during the season and NOH never led by more than 4. CP3 had an amazing game and Gasol was a total non-factor. He shot 71% in the other 4 games. And this game was within 3 late despite some bad calls against LAL.

People overreact. The evidence says Lakers much better. It's tough to go 8-0 against any team.

The postseason is not the regular season. The Lakers aren't up 4-1 against the Hornets this season. They are down 0-1. And thats the only thing that matters.

Stop downplaying everything. That Lakers lost and thats a cause for concern. No shit.

diehard

Fleer
Duki said:

oh right

l
m
a
o
Uh he has, the Lakers were better then and the Hornets don't have Boozer on defense.

thekad

Banned
Why didn't Kobe defend CP3 in crunch time? Hell, where was he on the offensive end? An 8 second violation...bunch of chokers on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom