• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

And Gasol came into this game thinking he would have an easy time since the hornets don't have West and got scrapped up by Gray. Fisher is the main problem though as usual. Gimpy ass Paul tore him up.

thekad said:
Why didn't Kobe defend CP3 in crunch time? Hell, where was he on the offensive end? An 8 second violation...bunch of chokers on that team.

If they lose he better look into surgery or something on his broken finger. His dribbling has really taken a hit ever since he started having to wrap it.

thekad said:
Why didn't Kobe defend CP3 in crunch time? Hell, where was he on the offensive end? An 8 second violation...bunch of chokers on that team.

He did. Chris Paul continued to not give a fuck about the Laker's feelings and scored anyway

linsivvi

I've always said CP3 is the best point guard in the NBA. And he wouldn't throw Jerry Sloan under the bus. Too bad he's playing for a terrible organization.

I Push Fat Kids said:
I'll take NOH in game 2.

Lakers in 5.

The Crimson Blur said:
Stop downplaying everything. That Lakers lost and thats a cause for concern. No shit.

I can't remember the number, but IIRC only 2 teams who have been swept 4-0 without HCA ever won a best of 7. Ever.

Top seeds lose game 1 all the time. If the Lakers lose game 2, then we can start to worry. Same for Spurs. Many series are split after 2 games among higher seeds in the 1st round. People overreact.

Black Mamba said:
80% of teams with HCA that lose game 1? No. Try getting a stat that matters. Lakers and Spurs winning the series and all the other game 1 winner means 6/8 which is 75%. you know, because higher seeds that win game won probably win 90%.

heck, go look up the % of 1/2 seeds that lose game 1 losing the series. I'll bet you it ain't close to 80%.

This shit happens every year. Orlando did it. Spurs consistently have done it. I feel like Boston did it once. It's pretty much only Dallas who loses.

You are making it sound like losing Game 1 was a good thing. What kind of shit logic is that.

Stop downplaying everything.

Gigglepoo

The Crimson Blur said:
This series is not the Rockets series. There is no correlation.

Did you see what I was originally responding to?

thekad said:
Goes to 7 like I predicted. Kobe & the Lakers are frauds and they've been exposed.

The "correlation" is that the Lakers have lost a Game 1 to an inferior team in the past, have gone 7 games to win, and ended up hoisting the trophy anyway. Does that make sense? One loss does not expose them as frauds.

Lakers fans seem awfully happy about a loss but maybe they are used to it with their weird season.

I wouldn't be happy about it at all though obviously they still have much more talent across the board than the Hornets.

Like Steve Nash, Chris Paul is a joy to watch.

Especially when the Lakers put Pau Gasol on him.

Tom Penny said:
After the way this day is going I have to prepare for a Celtics loss. Fuck.

I don't see it happening at all but then again, these playoffs have been quite interesting and they just started.

I expect a close game at Boston for a while.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
You are making it sound like losing Game 1 was a good thing. What kind of shit logic is that.

Isent that what youv been doing all year when the spurs lost.

what is the status on gray?

Duki

Banned
lol its nice that deron could expose them for 3 1/2 quarters

he probably looked ok on the stats sheet as he flailed around missing jumpshots in the fourth

a win looks better though

didntgetswept.jpg

charsace

Gasol isn't soft. He was the anchor in memphis when they were a playoff team and he has the same role with the lakers. He's a finesse player. Philly has soft bigs in Speights, Brackins and Hawes.

Diehard you need to take your avatar.

Gigglepoo said:
The "correlation" is that the Lakers have lost a Game 1 to an inferior team in the past, have gone 7 games to win, and ended up hoisting the trophy anyway. Does that make sense? One loss does not expose them as frauds.

If I flip 10 coins and get 10 heads, does that mean I will get 10 heads if I flip another 10 coins? The Lakers' past series are irrelevant to this one. They have lost plenty of series where they have lost game 1 too you know. The Rockets series doesn't mean anything.

Fuck, with the logic you and Mamba are using, Hornets could win game 2 and you guys would point to the 2008 Spurs/Hornets series and say that the Hornets have lost up 2-0 before. Losing game 1 is bad for the Lakers. How hard is this to understand.

The Crimson Blur said:

Well, it's never a good thing to lose. But I do hope this will get them to wake up going forward. I'm hoping they make a positive out of this. but of course I'd rather they win.

If I flip 10 coins and get 10 heads, does that mean I will get 10 heads if I flip another 10 coins? The Lakers' past series are irrelevant to this one. They have lost plenty of series where they have lost game 1 too you know. The Rockets series doesn't mean anything.

Fuck, with the logic you and Mamba are using, Hornets could win game 2 and you guys would point to the 2008 Spurs/Hornets series and say that the Hornets have lost up 2-0 before. Losing game 1 is bad for the Lakers. How hard is this to understand.

Problem is in the NBA, past data predicts future at a good rate. Flipping a coin isn't the same because the past data doesn't give us any trends.

All I'm saying is, we've seen top seeds lose game 1 every season and yet not lose the series, so why should we overreact to it?

Godslay

Banned
Couple of good games today. I fully expect the Spurs and the Lakers to come back and destroy NO and Memphis. It seems that teams like this always need a bit of the "wake up" during playoff time. First game, don't write them off...

Gigglepoo

The Crimson Blur said:

So you think one playoff loss means a team is exposed as frauds? You make it sound like I'm a Lakers fan who's defending them. I'm just pointing out how stupid it is to say one loss (ONE LOSS!) makes them frauds. That's why I quoted thekad's original post, so you could understand the context, and you're still willfully ignoring what I said.

Again, do you think one playoff loss exposes a team as frauds?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Words cannot express how angry and outraged I will be if LO doesn't produce at a somewhat similar pace as he did in the reg season.

I'm going to seriously fucking choke somebody. I swear to fucking Christ.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:

So this your way of copping, putting all of the attention to our loss.
while you guys lost because of a wide open 3 your guy could not hit.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Maybe your painful denial led to them still bringing it up.
Ahh yes, the boundless knowledge of the Jazz organization by Bulls and Laker fans shall correct me, whatever was i thinking?

Omiee said:

No Manu, Bonner played 24 minutes. I ain't even mad. What's the Laker's excuse :)

Omiee said:

pretty much. Crimson has to be in denial because if he faces the Spurs loss he might be driven to give up watching basketball for a few years. If players can be soft so can fans.

Ninja Scooter said:
the good thing for Gray and the Hornets is that thanks to the league each 1st round game is like a week apart, so could have time to heal up.

I don't know, man, he's a big guy and all that weight.

It looks like he broke it but maybe he'll catch a break(no pun intended).

Sprains can be that painful though but even when I BROKE my ankle, I could somewhat walk on it.

2n897p0.png

The real Gasol brother. When will the Lakers get him back?

Omiee

Ninja Scooter said:
the good thing for Gray and the Hornets is that thanks to the league each 1st round game is like a week apart, so could have time to heal up.

ehm they play wensday and friday not a week from now

Shannon Brown

"we got to play with life"

Omiee said:
what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, and that has been the story for LA the last few years.

They learned from the boston series, had a tough series against okc and the rockets the year before that.
Lakers for some kind of reason become stronger and player better when everything is against them and people are writing them off.

again not worried.

Omiee

obijkenobi said:
No Manu, Bonner played 24 minutes. I ain't even mad. What's the Laker's excuse :)

o oke so were playing the excuse card right now.
Blake was not there, we had a d-leaguer and pau was non existing

Rodeo Clown said:
They banned "u mad?"

thekad must have said it 10 times already in 1 page

Black Mamba said:
But I'm sure that will continue all series long.

Every game is different. The Hornets will outperform their performance today in some ways in Game 2, and they will underperform their performance today in some ways in Game 2.

The fact that the Lakers barely forced any Hornet turnovers is not an encouraging sign. This is rather simple, man.

Gigglepoo said:
So you think one playoff loss means a team is exposed as frauds?

No I thought the Lakers were frauds long before that.

charsace

dIEHARD said:
Ahh yes, the boundless knowledge of the Jazz organization by Bulls and Laker fans shall correct me, whatever was i thinking?
WEAR YOUR AVATAR YOU PERPETRATING ASS BITCH! I SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING AT THAT RUSSIAN MOTHERFUCKER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom