• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
The Utah Jazz aren't open on Sundays..

Not when the Lakers are in town. They'll open up for them.

Or the Nuggets unless you make to the WCFs and double book the arena with the WWE.

heh. Staples accommodated that one. That was pretty stupid the Nuggets.

I read an article about the guy who schedules NBA games. Apparently, it's 1 guy and he created the software himself and no one wants his job because it's a shit ton of work. But dude makes a lot of money doing it, too.

A lot of people complain about the scheduling, but really this guy basically gets told that on X days Y teams must play and then to fill in the rest (like 95% of the schedule). He then has to coordinate with every Arena in America and try to figure out a schedule. Stuff like back2back are the result of Arena bookings in most cases.

Wish I still had a link to the article.

The Crimson Blur said:
What I tell you, hes senile. Hes McCain, I'm Obama.

Guess who won?

Does that make Brandy...Sarah Palin?

Still cries over a loss in the "Finals" and can't move on.

Still comes around to tell us how terrible things are

Tries to hit us with zingers but usually ends up owning himself.

Omiee

ryutaro's mama said:
Does that make Brandy...Sarah Palin?

Still cries over a loss in the "Finals" and can't move on.

Still comes around to tell us how terrible things are

Tries to hit us with zingers but usually ends up owning himself.

who is biden?

aznpxdd said:
I need a tag. I've been in NBAGAF too long not have one damnit!
resident virgin (actual virgin)
The Crimson Blur said:
I'm the don of Spurs age bitch.
more like the Don King of spurs-age with all the dumb shit you say.
2qm0x37.jpg

blackace senior, tag the man!

Omiee

ryutaro's mama said:
LovingSteam

since when does biden bitch about obama all the time, because all loving steam does is bitch about the lakers. and how is wants to cheer for other teams if we dont make it to the finals.

Had Strom still been around, this is who Steam would be.

thekad is what, Kucinich? The guy who says stuff that no one cares about and is mostly ignored.

He's really annoying. I hate that he's a "Laker fan." It's like if all the Heat haters get to celebrate if the Heat win it all.

Last season he was all worried every moment, this season it's like he doesn't care. Seems odd.

etiolate

Banned
brandy is too smart to be palin

palin has to be tripple U or Judas

lost, gone but somehow not forgotten despite every attempt to erase their existence

Omiee

etiolate said:

lost, gone but somehow not forgotten despite every attempt to erase their existence

now judas is missed he made me laugh all the time because of his stupid posts

etiolate said:

If brandi had a religious following, I'd say he's Ron Paul. Maybe he's just Rand.

brand. Rand. yeah, I can see it.

numble

Black Mamba said:
Last season he was all worried every moment, this season it's like he doesn't care. Seems odd.
He was annoying last season too. He kept posting saying the Lakers would lose throughout Game 7.

numble said:
He was annoying last season too. He kept posting saying the Lakers would lose throughout Game 7.

It was different, though. It was the fanatic who was so worried of a collapse rather than this grumpy dude who seems apathetic.

Last season he said he'd lock himself in a room and ignore his wife and stuff and would be in a bad mood if they lost. This year it's like he wants them to lose so it can all be over. Like he's carrying a burden or something.

Lovingsteam is the best poster Lakers-age has had all season.

Stop hatin'.

Pimpwerx is the best poster Miami-age has had all season

The Crimson Blur is the best poster Spurs-age has had all season

thekad is the best poster anti-kobe-age has had all season

I can play this game too. :D

Omiee

Black Mamba said:
Had Strom still been around, this is who Steam would be.

thekad is what, Kucinich? The guy who says stuff that no one cares about and is mostly ignored.

how do you even know that?

Pkaz01

Sorry for beating a dead horse with this but woj just destroyed d'antoni...

Doc Rivers, did to Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni what one of his mentors, Gregg Popovich, did to D’Antoni on a regular basis in Phoenix: undressed him in the final minutes of a playoff game, unraveled his defense.

The Knicks were grumbling about officiating, but they had no one to blame but themselves. Truth be told, they had two people to blame: D’Antoni and Anthony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_celtics_beat_knicks_in_game1_041811

I just love it when writers call it like it is. I know woj gets a lot of hate because he blows everything out of proportion but his basis is usually right on the money.

Omiee said:
how do you even know that?

I've been following this forum since about the beginning of the playoffs last year. I tried reading RealGM, but there are way too many idiots on that forum and never posted. When I finally got a non-gmail account I decided to sign up.

I've heard Green Shinobi mentioned before. Best i could piece together was he got banned and was a big Laker fan?

Black Mamba said:
I've heard Green Shinobi mentioned before. Best i could piece together was he got banned and was a big Laker fan?

Yes, that is correct.

The original GS was insane.

He would meltdown over meaningless regular season games.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Crimson Blur said:
Oh you're such a cute little rookie.

remembering your rookie season...

and found this...

Psssht.

Everybody knows, this off-season begins and ends with the Blazers. Blazers ran the draft last year and made it an actual event. This year will be no different. Kevin Pritchard > Your soul.

large_billboard.jpg

5point3a.jpg

http://www.nba.com/blazers/odendurant.html

I'd love to hear those idiots from ESPN (I'm looking at you Stephen Asshole Smith) and what they have to say about the Blazers now. Last year they had the stugotz to actually say what the Blazers did on draft day was stupid. SUCK ON IT.

sorryReilo had to be done

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ryutaro's mama said:
All new NBA-Agers should have to read 2005-2007 threads as a prerequisite before posting here.

Be better if we sent them hardcopy binders..

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
The threads were so much smaller back then. You could read it in a weekend.

Its amazing how much bigger we've gotten.

Its not just this, all of gaf has grown in the last year or so. I remember i need a pc thread used to move 1 page a month or so, its 10 pages or more a week now. But yeah nba gaf is huge right now. Are we the biggest sports gaf?

Also i think i did pretty well in my rookie season, not that its over.

Ephemeris said:
Sounds so sad, man.
Not as sad as Steve Francis who was so out of shape (he appears to be on death's doorstep - ashy as fuck, has aged 10 years in the past 3, zero athleticism, and suffers from some strange nerve disorder) and pathetic he could barely play 5 minutes a game before being cut by a Chinese team. :(

exarkun

ryutaro's mama said:
All new NBA-Agers should have to read 2005-2007 threads as a prerequisite before posting here.

What? Why? The only reason for it is to know who shinobi is, konex, pimp, extravagant posturing about the 07 draft and what else. Did the Laker even exist in 05-07? That was some rough shit.

also, if you're calling yourself the don of you team-age then you're doing it wrong. It supposed to be a team effort. I know if I get fucked with, two former trolling greats will pew-pew them for me. And I occasionally handle smokey's lightweight. Like viak.

Omiee said:
Its not just this, all of gaf has grown in the last year or so. I remember i need a pc thread used to move 1 page a month or so, its 10 pages or more a week now. But yeah nba gaf is huge right now. Are we the biggest sports gaf?

Also i think i did pretty well in my rookie season, not that its over.

Hard to do it by posts. NFL-age has a billion "LOL" or "BRESUS!" posts with no other content. Sure, we have some too, but you could go 2 pages on a SNF game of just "LOL" on there for a single play.

snack
Vaginas Aside
(Today, 01:04 AM)

exarkun said:
also, if you're calling yourself the don of you team-age then you're doing it wrong. It supposed to be a team effort. I know if I get fucked with, two former trolling greats will pew-pew them for me. And I occasionally handle smokey's lightweight. Like viak.

Of course dude I don't actually hate jobber its all love

Its just a play on this old joke mama has been dragging around for 4 years now.

Omiee said:
Are we the biggest sports gaf?

Pretty sure we are bigger than all of them combined. Multiple times bigger.

I didn't do the math on it, but thats how it has always seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom