• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

BOiBJ.jpg

Z2eAw.jpg

1l8St.jpg

Pkaz01

i've always wondered how the hell do these nba players go to other countries and play. Do the coaches speak english or do they have a translator? There is no way in hell starbury knows chinese.

Duki

Banned
Omiee said:
iv always wanted to ask this but i forget every time i guess, how did you get your name tag?
its my fav tag

he literally did nothing

didnt even post in the thread it came from

dream

I would watch a show about Smush Parker adjusting to life after the Lakers. They could have him meet up with Kobe and shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ryutaro's mama said:
That is so fucking dope.

PROTIP: If you end up balling in Turkey or China at the end of your career, you bought a few too many yachts and Ferraris.

not true in his case.. Starbury was on the edge of his prime.. but was just TOO fucked up to play in the NBA..

Omiee said:
iv always wanted to ask this but i forget every time i guess, how did you get your name tag?

Ha, this again.

There was a thread about strippers that I never even posted in. A mod gave me that tag and to this day, I have no idea how I got it. I actually complained to 'Ace about it to no avail.

The End.

True Story.

Blackace

ryutaro's mama said:
Ha, this again.

There was a thread about strippers that I never even posted in. A mod gave me that tag and to this day, I have no idea how I got it. I actually complained to 'Ace about it to no avail.

The End.

True Story.

I thought about changing it for you.. but laughed and went to bed instead..

Omiee

ryutaro's mama said:
Ha, this again.

The End.

True Story.

and the last question in my interview, who the fuck is that in your avatar?

Blackace said:
I thought about changing it for you.. but laughed and went to bed instead..

do you know what mod gave it to him and why :p

Blackace

etiolate said:
They should have one episode where they secretly replace Starbury's Chinese coach with Larry Brown at halftime.

lol..

or Flip

Omiee

i would watch a show about lebron's mom and delonte. And how lebron has to adjust to delonte being his new daddy.

And the drama between him his mom and delonte before round 2 of the playoffs.

ryutaro's mama said:
Ha, this again.

The End.

True Story.

Still not as bad as jobber getting his tag because of stuff I was posting. He didn't even do anything!

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
Still not as bad as jobber getting his tag because of stuff I was posting. He didn't even do anything!

with all the weird shit you post im suprised you dont have a tag yet.

ryutaro's mama said:
Ask Forceatowulf how he got his tag.

<snicker>

i need to know this

Blackace

The Crimson Blur said:

Spurs fans all look the same

Pkaz01

So anyone think this playoff schedule is a lil fucked up?

There are some teams in the east playing every other day but san antonio gets two days of break between their games. They don't play until wednesday and then they play again on saturday.

Is that a benefit of getting a high seed? because chicago's schedule isn't exactly the same.

the matchups with only two games this week are the grizz and spurs, and the thunder and mavs.

numble

Here's a good recent article about Starbury in China if people are interested:
IZmy1.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/01/marbury_entrepreneur_plans_on.html

Marbury stares down his man for a couple seconds, then goes hard to his right. His defender keeps up, but the former NBA All-Star bumps his way into the key, throws up an off-balanced, falling-away, high-arching floater that caroms off the backboard through the hoop with three seconds left on the clock. One defensive stop later, and the Dralions, one of the youngest teams in Asia's premiere basketball league, are celebrating a victory that pushes their record to 4–6. The fans are ecstatic, chanting "Ma Bu Li" — Chinese characters for "Marbury" — and the hero of the night stands center court, soaking in the love.

It's been a lonely, isolated life for Marbury since he took his talents to China a year ago. He started with a team in Shanxi, a dusty coal-mining town in the country's interior. After a contract dispute, he signed with Foshan (a coastal city about 550 miles north of Shanghai) last December, just days before the 35-game CBA season kicked off. Known for being surrounded by family and friends, Marbury has none of the former and just a couple of the latter in China. When not practicing or playing basketball, he rarely leaves his hotel for two reasons: One, the average citizen of Foshan does not speak English (when he does go out, he's usually accompanied by Cyril White, his manager, who speaks Mandarin); and two, he can't stand the food.

ryutaro's mama said:
Remember this happening in my absence?

Mhm...

Better beg for forgiveness...

Yeah? Old man had his time and we thank him for it but hes gone senile. Besides, the champ is here. Can't deny the people their champion.

Pkaz01 said:
So anyone think this playoff schedule is a lil fucked up?

There are some teams in the east playing every other day but san antonio gets two days of break between their games. They don't play until wednesday and then they play again on saturday.

Is that a benefit of getting a high seed? because chicago's schedule isn't exactly the same.

the matchups with only two games this week are the grizz and spurs, and the thunder and mavs.

It's about scheduling conflicts. For instance, Lakers play Wednesday mostly because the LA Kings are at Staples on Tuesday.

You gotta work around stuff like concerts, rodeos, circuses, NHL teams. Unless you're Utah Jazz, then every day is open.

The Crimson Blur said:
Yeah? Old man had his time and we thank him for it but hes gone senile. Besides, the champ is here. Can't deny the people their champion.

He misspelled your name too!

jobber doesn't know who you are!

Black Mamba said:
It's about scheduling conflicts. For instance, Lakers play Wednesday mostly because the LA Kings are at Staples on Tuesday.

You gotta work around stuff like concerts, rodeos, circuses, NHL teams. Unless you're Utah Jazz, then every day is open.

The Utah Jazz aren't open on Sundays..

SamuraiX-

It's been a lonely, isolated life for Marbury since he took his talents to China a year ago.

This meme is really starting to get improperly used now.

Any level-headed journalist should understand that it is only used to troll LeBron nowadays.

Black Mamba said:

Or the Nuggets unless you make to the WCFs and double book the arena with the WWE.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:

They just cant catch a break this year.

Omiee said:
I thought spurs age dident even like you.

Nah, me and jobber have just not liked each other since the beginning. Old man has had some crazy alpha male complex from the start. I'm tight as thieves with the rest of Spurs-age. Love those guys.

ryutaro's mama said:
He misspelled your name too!

What I tell you, hes senile. Hes McCain, I'm Obama.

Guess who won?

Blackace

etiolate said:
Have you seen the tags here? Are you sure you want one?
slanted vagina cures all
and i could use some bathroom training :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom