• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

The Crimson Blur said:
Nah dude I've known chicks who are just batshit crazy and will pull shit for no god damn reason no matter how long you've been with them.

These are the bitches I avoid like Frauden avoids shaving and learning how to play basketball.

Bishman

paulcross.gif

paulbullet.gif

paulstrip.gif

2dw82gn.gif

Omiee

overcast said:
But seriously, I'm not sure NBA Gaf is bigger than NFL gaf. You guys really think so?

like you said, all they do is post lol etc. or was it somebody else who said it.
We have a new thread every month. One thing is for sure, were the most fun sports thread lol.

snack

Chris Paul toyed Pau good. He's just too quick and the way he keeps his dribble is insane. Fish got messed with too.

SamuraiX-

CP3 is such a fucking boss.

I never liked his smug little attitude, but he deserves to stare down the crowd the way he played yesterday.

And I never thought I could actually like him.

Blackface

Banned
NBAGAF by far and away has the most posts of any thread on Neogaf. If we just had one thread per season, it would end up the largest thread ever on Neogaf. Nothing would even come remotely close.

Every single month the NBAGAF thread is the biggest of the sports threads.

In terms of a title, you have to do some strange shit to get one. I have done some crazy stuff and all I got was my name changed. Although I don't know how many people in the history of Neogaf have ever gotten a name change.

Seda

Blackface said:
NBAGAF by far and away has the most posts of any thread on Neogaf. If we just had one thread per season, it would end up the largest thread ever on Neogaf. Nothing would even come remotely close.

In terms of a title, you have to do some strange shit to get one. I have done some crazy stuff and all I got was my name changed. Although I don't know how many people in the history of Neogaf have ever gotten a name change.

Doesn't NFL get one each week? I don't remember how big those get though.

snack

SamuraiX- said:

I never liked his smug little attitude, but he deserves to stare down the crowd the way he played yesterday.

I've never thought of Paul as a cocky player. He doesn't talk smack or anything.

In terms of pure PGs, Paul is probably the best.

Omiee

Blackface said:

Suck on that other sports GAF

Pkaz01

SamuraiX- said:
dream
GAF Kustomer Kare Rep

That's straight fucked up. LOL
Damn that is a ruthless tag and its kind of like a double kill cause of the comment after the quote. Two birds with one stone on that one.

and the lakers defense in those gifs is just embarrassing especially the one with odom pointing

and derrick rose is a scoring pg not a pure pg

Bishman

SamuraiX- said:

CP3 was in beast mode!

11-18 FG
9-12 FT
4 Steals
33 points

If he can continue to play like this, the Lakers are in for a long series.

snack said:
I've never thought of Paul as a cocky player. He doesn't talk smack or anything.

In terms of pure PGs, Paul is probably the best.

Derrick Rose?

drose.gif

giri

Pkaz01 said:
Sorry for beating a dead horse with this but woj just destroyed d'antoni...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_celtics_beat_knicks_in_game1_041811

I just love it when writers call it like it is. I know woj gets a lot of hate because he blows everything out of proportion but his basis is usually right on the money.
You're being stupid. You can't blame Mike for everything. It's not his job to get amare the ball, if his players don't follow the plays then thats not on him. Did he draw up melo's final shot? hell no.

giri said:
You're being stupid. You can't blame Mike for everything. It's not his job to get amare the ball, if his players don't follow the plays then thats not on him. Did he draw up melo's final shot? hell no.

Agreed slightly. That was a real dumb shot on melo's part. As knick fan i'm a little PO'ed about the fact that A'mare had a good run in the 4th only to not get the ball the last 2 mins. Someone also stated this earlier but it still boggles my mind.

Puddles said:
My tag fucking blows.

Amazing

overcast

Omiee said:
like you said, all they do is post lol etc. or was it somebody else who said it.
We have a new thread every month. One thing is for sure, were the most fun sports thread lol.
Wasn't me but I can see what you guys are saying.

I haven't been part of NFL Gaf during the season. So we'll see then. But you guys are sure as hell fun to be apart of. I knew this while reading your posts for the past 4 year..

giri

SamuraiX- said:
These are the bitches I avoid like Frauden avoids shaving and learning how to play basketball.
Heh yep. Was talking to one hot ass girl friday night, mate comes up to me while talking to her, she turns to him and just goes " fuck off would you". I look at her, go "give me a sec", and just walked away. Later in the night crazy bitch asks where the hell i went.

And all my friend wanted to know was if i wanted another beer.

Bitches, they be crazy.

Puddles said:
My tag fucking blows.

You made your own tag really.

giri

Lando Jones said:
Agreed slightly. That was a real dumb shot on melo's part. As knick fan i'm a little PO'ed about the fact that A'mare had a good run in the 4th only to not get the ball the last 2 mins. Someone also stated this earlier but it still boggles my mind.

Amazing

Look, i'm not going to defend Mike as a great strategical coach, but on O, he's a genius. The only reason amare wouldn't have gotten the ball is Celtics D, and him not really wanting it.

You could just as much ask why all the stupid shots by billups earlier in the game? Why did melo turn into a 3pt shooter only in the 4th?

Puddles

Banned
giri said:
You made your own tag really.

Yeah, I was day-drinking the shit out of a couple bottles of wine when I made those posts. Most idiotic troll war ever, and now people can just say "lolz, go play your $500 acoustic guitar somewhere Puddles" or "go let it linger somewhere Puddles" even if I'm making a serious argument.

Pkaz01

giri said:
The ball didn't get into amare's hand for two damn minutes. He didn't even attempt to draw a play for him. He has been doing this shit for years.

giri

Pkaz01 said:
The ball didn't get into amare's hand for two damn minutes. He didn't even attempt to draw a play for him. He has been doing this shit for years.
Draw a play? they probably have 30 plays to get the ball to amare. They were playing the Celtics you know. They're sort of known for having good defense.

giri said:
Look, i'm not going to defend Mike as a great strategical coach, but on O, he's a genius. The only reason amare wouldn't have gotten the ball is Celtics D, and him not really wanting it.

You could just as much ask why all the stupid shots by billups earlier in the game? Why did melo turn into a 3pt shooter only in the 4th?

Can't really answer that. As of recent melo seemed to have had that shot from behind the arch pretty down. Although in this game he missed it repeatedly. Greed is my only answer to that I suppose.

There def should have been more ball movement esp on that last play, but as you said good D on the Celtics part makes it no easy task. Either way somethings gotta get worked out, either A'mares gotta step up more in the last few mins or Melos gotta learn to dish the ball out when you're not hot. Not really sure how to call it.

Either way the constant 4th quarter failures have gotta end

Puddles

Banned
Pringles' system only kind of worked because he had the best fast-break point guard since Magic to run it. This should be common knowledge at this point.

Pkaz01

giri said:
Draw a play? they probably have 30 plays to get the ball to amare. They were playing the Celtics you know. They're sort of known for having good defense.
If he has that many plays to get the ball to amare and he can't do it in 2 minutes of playtime he needs some better plays. And even if the celtics played the best defense in the world amare was not tied up in a straight jacket for two minutes they spent hardly any time even trying to get the ball in his hands. They went straight to melo a good coach would never let that happen for two minutes straight and its not even like its the first time its ever happened. He has been doing it since the suns days. I wouldn't be arguing if it was just one game against the C's its been happening for a while.

How many times have the lakers, spurs, celtics, or any other team with an elite coach failed to even have their best player touch the ball for two minutes straight?

I agree that he is not the only one at fault, but it has been a common theme when it comes to amare being on fire.

giri

Pkaz01 said:
If he has that many plays to get the ball to amare and he can't do it in 2 minutes of playtime he needs some better plays. And even if the celtics played the best defense in the world amare was not tied up in a straight jacket for two minutes they spent hardly any time even trying to get the ball in his hands. They went straight to melo a good coach would never let that happen for two minutes straight and its not even like its the first time its ever happened. He has been doing it since the suns days. I wouldn't be arguing if it was just one game against the C's its been happening for a while.

How many times have the lakers, spurs, celtics, or any other team with an elite coach failed to even have their best player touch the ball for two minutes straight?

I agree that he is not the only one at fault, but it has been a common theme when it comes to amare being on fire.
He He he. He draws up the plays, he instills the system, it's up to the players to execute.

They never even moved the ball, that doesn't sound like Mikes fault, his offense has always been about movement. There have been plenty of times when mikes shit the bed against other coaches, but what was the great move here by doc? it sounds like the players shit the bed here, not him.

Pkaz01

giri said:
He He he. He draws up the plays, he instills the system, it's up to the players to execute.

They never even moved the ball, that doesn't sound like Mikes fault, his offense has always been about movement. There have been plenty of times when mikes shit the bed against other coaches, but what was the great move here by doc? it sounds like the players shit the bed here, not him.
Well for one doc got lucky on that last play that KG didn't get called for it thats for damn sure but it was still a set play and i'm sure he would have been fine with pierce taking that last shot like he did in their first reg season game. The big one was the play right before that with that alley oop from rondo to garnett with no time wasted that completely slapped d'antoni in the face because he has used that play many times in the past and d'antoni should have shown that to his players but we know he doesnt preach defense anyway.

The problem with pringles is his offense. He has a good offense for lets say 46 minutes of the game but when the game comes down to the wire his offense completely built around the 3 point shot and as a result favors the players on the wing. He never made the adjustment his offense needs to utilize a dominant offensive presence on the inside like amare.
I noticed a severe lack of pick and roll basketball and noticed a lot of posting carmelo and not enough pick n roll with amare. On the last plays it was supposed to be carmelo or amare taking the last shot which is stupid to me because carmelo had not done shit in the second half and amare was killing it. A good coach would not just settle with that for 2 minutes straight he would get the ball in the best players hand some way. The players played a big role in that (carmelo being the worst offender) but d'antonis offense doesn't really put amare with a chance to get touches in the last couple of minutes.

sorry i pulled a blackface imma go to sleep now

SamuraiX- said:

Amazing how him styling on the Lakers makes one forget how big of a douche he is :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
obijkenobi said:
Amazing how him styling on the Lakers makes one forget how big of a douche he is :)

NBA playoffs for ya. I remember all the "omg rondo is best pg in the league" posts last year.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
It is dumb for me to still be up but I can't get over the atmosphere at the game tonight (or the headache said atmosphere gave me!).

It makes me feel good reading through the last several pages and seeing the compliments the crowd was getting. That was such a great game and we were lucky to walk away with the win since our role players were pretty much non factors on the scoreboard. It is so funny how Westbrook can be so damn good and bad on a given possession. For now, that is just what we are going to get with him. It is pretty evident that he is a special athlete and if his decision making can improve, will be a force for years. That stretch around the 5 min mark in the 4th when we were up by 8 and then proceeded to shoot our way out of the lead was infuriating.

Getting this one when having to rely so much on Russ and KD is huge. Bring on game 2!

I <3 the playoffs.
Yeah, I said earlier that I think rather than looking at this game as "we needed Russ and KD to go nuts to even beat the Nuggets by 4," I think after the series we'll view it as "our roleplayers uncharacteristically played like absolute garbage (especially Serge, WTF?) and KD and Russ picked up the slack."

I guess it comes with being a fan of such a young team--nights like last night are going to happen for Serge and Harden.

commish said:
NBA playoffs for ya. I remember all the "omg rondo is best pg in the league" posts last year.

Rondo makes too many bonehead plays to be the best PG in the league. Dude is always playing risky.

masud

Banned
Giri is completely right about this. You can blame Mike for Amare not getting the ball in the last two minutes of the game. That's on the players (Amar'e included). What, do think Mike is standing on the sidelines telling them exactly what to do every time down the court? That some Larry Brown shit...

Fatalah

I said it last night, I'll say it again-- the Celtics are a mess. If last night proved anything, it's that the Knicks can ball with this team. Not having Billups will be a damper, but Douglas can put the Knicks into hyperdrive. Wish they were playing game 2 tonight, come get some.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
thekad said:
holy shit. the rockets are going to sign mike brown. end me. i quit.

Say what you want about Mike, he wasn't the reason the Cavs didn't win a title. Just look at those rosters.

The Stealth Fox

thekad said:
holy shit. the rockets are going to sign mike brown. end me. i quit.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

I don't think I can go on any longer....

I'm just gonna watch 90s NBA over and over.

Free throw marathons, guards taking 80 shots a game, and now the Rockets are going to have Mike Brown.

I AM DEAD INSIDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom