• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Not as sad as Steve Francis who was so out of shape (he appears to be on death's doorstep - ashy as fuck, has aged 10 years in the past 3, zero athleticism, and suffers from some strange nerve disorder) and pathetic he could barely play 5 minutes a game before being cut by a Chinese team. :(
4K8s0.jpg

“The whole team practiced, but only (Francis) went to go spend Christmas with his family,” Ducks Coach Min Shulei said Monday, according to NiuBBall.com, an English-language website that follows the Chinese Basketball Association. “…I wanted to find him a conditioning coach to work him out for a bit. But he said to me that he needs to play in games, not practice…”

Francis, a three-time All-Star in the N.B.A., was in the first year of a two-year deal, paying him $800,000 per season. He was used sparingly by the Ducks, only averaging 3.5 minutes and less than a point over four games.

Francis had issues with turnovers, and generally didn’t seem to have the same feel for the game as he did when playing for the Knicks, Rockets and Magic.

“I feel unhappy that I couldn’t play the game. I know I was not well-prepared physically to help the team on court. As the team is in hot form, I think it is best for both sides for me to terminate my contract,” Francis said, acoording to Beijing Television on Dec. 27.

His 14-day stay in China has been full of drama. Francis was thrown into a home game for the final seconds, playing with his shoes unlaced and ice packs taped to his ankles.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/29/francis-strange-china-trip-ends/#

SamuraiX-

exarkun said:
What? Why? The only reason for it is to know who shinobi is, konex, pimp, extravagant posturing about the 07 draft and what else. Did the Laker even exist in 05-07? That was some rough shit.

also, if you're calling yourself the don of you team-age then you're doing it wrong. It supposed to be a team effort. I know if I get fucked with, two former trolling greats will pew-pew them for me. And I occasionally handle smokey's lightweight. Like viak.

You know, kun, I've always wondered about this with you: what's up with Francisco Garcia outlined in red as your avatar? He's never been associated with the Rockets in any way I can remember.

What gives?

numble

SamuraiX- said:
You know, kun, I've always wondered about this with you: what's up with Francisco Garcia outlined in red as your avatar? He's never been associated with the Rockets in any way I can remember.

What gives?
That's the Rockets great hope for the 2009-2010 season.

exarkun

The Crimson Blur said:
Of course dude I don't actually hate jobber its all love

Its just a play on this old joke mama has been dragging around for 4 years now.

Pretty sure we are bigger than all of them combined. Multiple times bigger.

I didn't do the math on it, but thats how it has always seemed.

I feel bad for Spurs-gaf. You've had a lot of relatively recent success but LA fans just take the piss on you allll the time. Mention Duncan? Get "old man" posts.

Rox-gaf on the other hand hasn't had as much success, but lakeshow only makes fun of us about Yao. Mention Hakeem? Everyone comes together for the circle jerk. Funny how that is.

Maybe if you got rid of that flopper Manu people would like you guys more. And before you say anything, K-mart is on loan.

Edit: I laughed at the Garcia comment. Dude, I've met Ariza a few time with my GF while he was in Houston and he was chill as fuck. I thought about changing it, but I'll keep it for the playoffs at least since he's one of the few NBA players I've met multiple times and in person and had multiple conversations with. Real nice dude, hope he does well.

Either him or Battier.

exarkun said:
I feel bad for Spurs-gaf. You've had a lot of relatively recent success but LA fans just take the piss on you allll the time. Mention Duncan? Get "old man" posts.

Rox-gaf on the other hand hasn't had as much success, but lakeshow only makes fun of us about Yao. Mention Hakeem? Everyone comes together for the circle jerk. Funny how that is.

Maybe if you got rid of that flopper Manu people would like you guys more. And before you say anything, K-mart is on loan.

All that means is that you guys aren't hitting them with hard enough ammunition.

They are talking shit to us because we hit em hard first. Oh, and they are scurrrred of the Spurs.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
All that means is that you guys aren't hitting them with hard enough ammunition.

They are talking shit to us because we hit em hard first. Oh, and they are scurrrred of the Spurs.

Since when are we scared off a bunch of soon to be retired folks, coached by a guy on his way out of this league?
Also your the jarrett jack of spurs age, only got one move.

Zep said:
Fuck that. Re-reading that shit is embarrassing. I posted like a dumbass(I was 18)

link

Impossible to hate on Hakeem after carrying a team of average players to a title.

More impossible after watching him take D-Rob's balls after he received that MVP trophy.

Some things everyone just has to unite on.

SamuraiX- said:
That's Ariza, isn't it?

Fuck me.

I have no idea why I've been seeing Garcia all this time.
that's so racist.
Omiee said:
check the tags.
exarkun said:
in the heyday, rox-age matched laker-age in posts and members.

Omiee said:
Since when are we scared off a bunch of soon to be retired folks, coached by a guy on his way out of this league?

I think this is the first time I've seen Omiee fight back. And he actually made a joke, with a metaphor.

I'm actually quite proud right now. Really fucking proud.

viakado said:
in the spirit of tags, can i get a change of tag mang?
a non homosexual one? im pretty sure i've sucked enough of your cock to warrant a change!

Well I'll happily remain tagless so long as I don't have to stoop this low.

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
I think this is the first time I've seen Omiee fight back. And he actually made a joke, with a metaphor.

I'm actually quite proud right now. Really fucking proud.

You cant expect me to post here almost everyday and dont learn some things from you guys

viakado said:
a non homosexual one? im pretty sure i've sucked enough of your cock to warrant a change!

Wooow lmao.
Can i get one as well.

exarkun

viakado said:
that's so racist.

check the tags.

in the heyday, rox-age matched laker-age in posts and members.

I started reading gaf in 04-05. Had to be earlier than that right? I woulda like to see that shit. Now all we have is basically lakeshow v. everyone else, though it wasn't that bad til two years ago.

You could have put Hakeem on any team and he would have taken them far. Hell, you could have put them on the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver and they would have at least made it to the playoffs (lol).

Omiee

Since when is it normal for you girl to ignore you for 2 days because you said her friend looked hot. When she clearly asks you if her girlfriend is good looking.

What is up with punishing honesty.

Omiee said:
Since when is it normal for you girl to ignore you for 2 days because you said her friend looked hot. When she clearly asks you if her girlfriend is good looking.

Sometimes chicks ask trap questions looking for an ego boost and not honesty, and sometimes it's an actual question. It sucks but is borderline unavoidable.

/returns to lurking.

TylerD

It is dumb for me to still be up but I can't get over the atmosphere at the game tonight (or the headache said atmosphere gave me!).

It makes me feel good reading through the last several pages and seeing the compliments the crowd was getting. That was such a great game and we were lucky to walk away with the win since our role players were pretty much non factors on the scoreboard. It is so funny how Westbrook can be so damn good and bad on a given possession. For now, that is just what we are going to get with him. It is pretty evident that he is a special athlete and if his decision making can improve, will be a force for years. That stretch around the 5 min mark in the 4th when we were up by 8 and then proceeded to shoot our way out of the lead was infuriating.

Getting this one when having to rely so much on Russ and KD is huge. Bring on game 2!

I <3 the playoffs.

exarkun said:
I started reading gaf in 04-05. Had to be earlier than that right? I woulda like to see that shit. Now all we have is basically lakeshow v. everyone else, though it wasn't that bad til two years ago.

You could have put Hakeem on any team and he would have taken them far. Hell, you could have put them on the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver and they would have at least made it to the playoffs (lol).
around that time yeah.
you know how many times i heard how hakeem is the greatest center of all time bit?
now that i think of it, i dont think smokey was born yet. or probably still sucking on his mama's titties.
Omiee said:

haha. dumbass. that's a loaded question. you answer it by complimenting your own girl.
its like when your better half asks if her new dress makes her look fat.

etiolate

Banned
viakado said:

sounds like you're doing Kobe's community service work for him

Omiee

fredrancour said:
Sometimes chicks ask trap questions looking for an ego boost and not honesty, and sometimes it's an actual question. It sucks but is borderline unavoidable.

/returns to lurking.

Well i think that's bullshit, she doesn't even need a ego boost. She is fully aware that is good looking. girls just like to have drama every now and than.

viakado said:
a
haha. dumbass. that's a loaded question. you answer it by complimenting your own girl.
its like when your better half asks if her new dress makes her look fat.

It's annoying, i hate that bullshit. Or when you go shoping and you just want to get home and tell her it looks good. She gets all mad because your just saying that to get home.

Omiee said:

You don't talk to women much, do you?

Your response should have been

"She's alright."

Omiee

Jamesfrom818 said:
You don't talk to women much, do you?

Your response should have been

"She's alright."

I talk to women all the time, i just like being honest. Also im sure if i said she is alright she would have said i was lying and was not telling the truth. blablablabla

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
viakado said:
...I'm going to bed, and no you're not invited

numble

Omiee said:

Just tell her you showed her pics to GAF on IRC and GAF's opinion.

SamuraiX-

Omiee said:
I talk to women all the time, i just like being honest. Also im sure if i said she is alright she would have said i was lying and was not telling the truth. blablablabla

How long you been with this chick?

If she's still playing testing games then I'm guessing not long.

And dude, just because she thinks/knows she's good looking doesn't mean she doesn't want to hear it for you. It means more that way so don't just blow it off.

But yeah, girls seem to like extra fucking drama sometimes for some reason.

exarkun

bishoptl said:
...I'm going to bed, and no you're not invited

lol. doesn't matter, he's into weird shit like sucking toes and watching you while you sleep.

Edit: Fuckkkk beaten, Though I didn't know I knew him so well

Omiee

Getting dating advice from GAF haha. Iv been with her for a year now. But yeah i understand why she is asking it, i just hate that girl ask stupid questions like that.

rc213 said:
Damn @ Dream's tag.

he got a new one?

fuck i just saw the link LOOOOOL

numble said:
Just tell her you showed her pics to GAF on IRC and GAF's opinion.

as if im not in enough trouble.

also was suprise you guys thought she looked cute. Might have the nerve now to post in that show your fiance/girlfriend thread

Blackface

Banned
Omiee said:

link

1. Much of the Lakers are ready to retire

2. Your coach is literally leaving next season

3. Your only hope by the mid point of this decade is Shannon Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom