• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puddles said:
LMAO at your #1.

I'd put him up there(though I hate many aspects of his game) if he could close games.

This year, fuck the past.

When you're not the go-to-guy on even your own team at the very end of games, I can't consider you the best player in the league.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I've bashed Durant a lot recently, but he was pretty amazing last night and got rid of a lot of my doubts about him in important situations.

Maybe he just needed time but let's see him do that on the road against an elite team in the playoffs.

I think he can though.

Hopefully, Rose will get the chance to do that as well this year.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I've bashed Durant a lot recently, but he was pretty amazing last night and got rid of a lot of my doubts about him in important situations.
He didn't touch the ball in the last like 3 minutes.

Puddles

Banned
Players better than Lebron James, in no particular order:

Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard

SephCast said:
He's definitely not the best, but not even close? To me, he's definitely top 6, possibly top 3.

LeBron
Dwight
Kobe/Wade/Rose/Durant

I would take any of these guys before your number #1.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'd put him up there(though I hate many aspects of his game) if he could close games.

This year, fuck the past.

When you're not the go-to-guy on even your own team at the very end of games, I can't consider you the best player in the league.

Exactly. Guy can't close a game and is especially susceptible to the pressure of the moment.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Puddles said:
Players better than Lebron James, in no particular order:

Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard

I respectfully, wholeheartedly disagree. And I despise LeBron James.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Don't you value closing games in big moments???

Of course I value it, but it's a bit overrated. It's just one in the multitude of factors that is evaluating an NBA player.

SephCast said:
Of course I value it, but it's a bit overrated. It's just one in the multitude of factors that is evaluating an NBA player.

To me, the best of the best win games at the end, even at the very end.

If LeBron is so good and dominant, he should be able to do this.

Maybe not every time but a good amount.

I'd rather have Wade them him.

Respectfully, I think total stats can be overrated.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That's more cut and dry even though the refs seem not to understand that.

The point is, I've watched the game for decades and technical rules don't amount to shit when there are varying interpretations of them all the time.

Knowing what the rulebook says exactly is not bound in reality so who cares???

What I want to know is how much leeway is give for fighting through screens and if like all the other bullshit, it varies due to the player and not the action itself.

Being a star affects everything in the NBA

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I see the highlighted with Bryant and Rose above LeBron, what am I supposed to be looking at???

Oh wait, advanced stats.

Who would you want with the game tied with under a minute to go???

LeBron, Wade or Rose???

FG% is an advanced stat? No wonder you think Rose is an elite player :lol

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
To me, the best of the best win games at the end, even at the very end.

If LeBron is so good and dominant, he should be able to do this.

Maybe not every time but a good amount.

I'd rather have Wade them him.

Respectfully, I think total stats can be overrated.

Closer and Basketball player are different things to me. The full 48 minutes defines "best" to me. This is very similar to the Most "Valuable" Player debate. "Favorite" player, to me, goes to the best closer, best finisher, best winning mentality. Do whatever it takes to win. That goes to Kobe, but Rose is incredibly close to overtaking him.

thekad said:
Man, Rose stans are really incapable of logical thought. I guess that's what it take to think Rose could even hold CP3's jock strap.

He completely outplayed CP3 though of course CP3 was severely injured(looked fine against the Lakers and I am not denouncing him as he's an unbelievable player).

Puddles said:
How can anyone deny Durant is better after what we saw last night?

Yeah Durant was damn good. All that guy needs to do is get with D. Howards personal trainer and he could be the best.

Rodeo Clown said:

Tough call but I think I might be siding with Rose if I only take this season into account.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'd take Rose but Wade would be a fairly close second.

I'd take a lot of people before LeBron in that regard.
Sure, it's definitely close, but I go Wade because of how many times he has closed out important games. He
and Bennett Salvatore
dominated the 06 Finals, especially the ends of those games.

numble

Everyone that debated about what Boston lost with Perk gone forgot the major thing he brings, another source of moving screens.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
thekad said:
Man, Rose stans are really incapable of logical thought. I guess that's what it take to think Rose could even hold CP3's jock strap.

Yeah, I was with you until you just said that. CP3 is great (when healthy), but D-Rose is close to his level. I don't give a shit about being a "pure pg" or a "scoring pg". I care about winning and the unbelievable desire to win.

Rose has that Kobe/MJ maniacal desire to win. CP3 wants dat hollinger stats.

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He completely outplayed CP3 though of course CP3 was severely injured(looked fine aginst the Lakers and I am not denouncing him as he's an unbelievable player).

Actually, he looked like an MVP against the Lakers, a #2 seed, holding a lead all game on the road.

Rose had to put up 20 free throws against a below .500 team at home while being exposed by Darren Collison just to squeak by (w/ a Korver 3).

SephCast said:

Paul decisively beat the defending champs on their court.

Rose squeaked by a below .500 team at home.

thekad said:
Actually, he looked like an MVP against the Lakers, a #2 seed, holding a lead all game on the road.

Rose had to put up 20 free throws against against a below .500 team at home while being exposed by Darren Collison just to squeak by (w/ a Korver 3).

Rose also torched all the elite teams in the league this year but conveniennt how you pick and choose for your contrived arguments.

CP3 had Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol on him, I'd say Rose had the tougher matchup.

Tom Penny

numble said:
Everyone that debated about what Boston lost with Perk gone forgot the major thing he brings, another source of moving screens.

And his defense. They obviously could have held the Knicks to 70 points instead of 85 if he was playing.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
thekad said:

Rose had to put up 20 free throws against against a below .500 team at home while being exposed by Darren Collison just to squeak by (w/ a Korver 3).

3cQa7.png

SephCast said:
Yeah, I was with you until you just said that. CP3 is great (when healthy), but D-Rose is close to his level. I don't give a shit about being a "pure pg" or a "scoring pg". I care about winning and the unbelievable desire to win.

Why even try to have a discussion about Rose here? It is not worth it. Especially not with thekad.

dream

This is like the NBA-Age version of going on a bender and waking up with a fat chick. Not like Khloe-fat. Fat-fat. wtf.

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'd say Rose had the tougher matchup.

:lol :lol

Have we really gotten to the point where Rose stans have to convince themselves the 37 win Pacers (on the road) are better than the defending champs (at home) :lol It's sad to see.

thekad said:
:lol :lol

Have we really gotten to the point where Rose stans have to convince themselves the 37 win Pacers (on the road) are better than the defending champs (at home) :lol Pathetic.

Even Laker fans laugh at Fisher this year.

And Gasol matched up against a pointguard is a mismatch joke, kind of like you probably thought Noah on LeBron was.

Oooopsey.

Covneniently praising the Lakers now????

Lifelong???

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I know kad is trolling, but the Korver 3 was not luck.

GW2WX.jpg

Rose produced 5 straight baskets in the last 2 minutes.

ENwIx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom