• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Even Laker fans laugh at Fisher this year.

And Gasol matched up against a pointguard is a mismatch joke

Bulls against the Pacers should have been a mismatch joke. But Rose needed Korver to save him from embarrassment.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Lakers against the Hornets should have been a mismatch joke, that's why they play the games.

Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

I personally think Boozer's worst enemy is himself(along with his butterfingers).

You're built like a beast, take the ball to the basket like one(at least against the Pacers).

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I personally think Boozer's worst enemy is himself(along with his butterfingers).

You're built like a beast, take the ball to the basket like one(at least against the Pacers).

He's really not that athletic and he's undersized. 6'7 3/4" without shoes. That's why he gets constantly blocked.

Jeff-DSA

Thinking back, refs has significant impact on the games in Boston, Dallas, Miami, and Chicago, and a minor impact in OKC, but not enough to really discuss it.

The Pacers were overwhelmingly hammered by the refs, especially down the stretch, but I think that 4th quarter in Dallas was bad on an epic scale. You already have seen 3-4 teams win games where they played worse than the other team, and it's because the refs are riding the energy of the crowd into making terrible calls.

They're also riding the dicks of superstars.

I'm going to Hawaii on Wednesday. By the time I get back, I want to see the Lakers and Knicks fishing. I doubt I'll see any more games this round after Wednesday, so I'm trusting you guys to whine or brag appropriately so I can not completely miss out on the drama and mad.

SephCast said:
He's really not that athletic and he's undersized. 6'7 3/4" without shoes. That's why he gets constantly blocked.

I didn't know that about his height but yeah, I have seen him "go after" loose balls, not happening.

hahahahaha

He's also too deliberate in where he is going but he does have success on that seemingly patented pivot move close in which is usually effective but he needs to get deep position and he can't do that against big guys.

Jeff-DSA said:
Thinking back, refs has significant impact on the games in Boston, Dallas, Miami, and Chicago, and a minor impact in OKC, but not enough to really discuss it.

The Pacers were overwhelmingly hammered by the refs,

That usually happens when you are outskilled.

I saw the Pacers get a way with a lot of shit as well(Hansbrough using the off arm while going for layups----they called Boozer on it everytime).

Easy to speak in vague terms (look at the freethrow discrepancy or amounts) but if you actually watched the game, you add on calls Rose did NOT get(and there were at least a few obvious ones) and you take away the calls he DID get that didn't deserve, I'd be willing to bet he got to the line around the right amount of time.

Kurt Thomas(if he was on the Pacers) would have fouled Rose out of the game getting into position to take many a charge.

Rose got to the line a lot at Indiana too this year so maybe it's all about superstar calls or maybe it's all about a particular team not being able to guard him.

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, since he's responsible for giving up 40/20.

He bothers me a lot at times but there's so much hyberbole in NBA age, he was a two time All Star and obviously has offensive skill.

The Bulls are going to need him to do something if they want to make a run.

Deng is more reliable obviously but they struggle with points and Boozer should at least average 15 points a game in the playoffs.

SUPREME1

Banned
thekad said:
Actually, he looked like an MVP against the Lakers, a #2 seed, holding a lead all game on the road.

Rose had to put up 20 free throws against a below .500 team at home while being exposed by Darren Collison just to squeak by (w/ a Korver 3).

Paul decisively beat the defending champs on their court.

Rose squeaked by a below .500 team at home.

While I agree with you for the most part, you have to also consider that CP3 beasted against the likes of D.Fisher and D-league call up, Trey Johnson.

I knew CP3 would eat Fish alive, said as much before the series started, but damn...

That shit was painful to watch.

Puddles

Banned
Can't we just agree that CP3 > Rose > Lebron and be done with it?

CP3 is good enough to win multiple MVPs with the right team, but he's never had that team.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He bothers me a lot at times but there's so much hyberbole in NBA age, he was a two time All Star and obviously has offensive skill.

Kevin Love and Chris Kaman were also All Stars.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
masud said:
These people do great work. Been browsing this site for like 45 minutes...

I'm so salty right now.
Two of the four playoff games today didn’t really have any controversial calls that affected the outcome of the game, so there’s nothing really nothing to report there. Those games were Atlanta at Orlando, and Portland at Dallas.
Site is obviously funded by Mark Cuban.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I personally think Kevin Love could really help a good team.

On any other team, I think Kevin Love is the guy they put in for defensive purposes when someone is shooting FTs in crunch time.

Jeff-DSA

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

The Bulls are going to need him to do something if they want to make a run.

There's regular season Boozer where he's awesome, and then there's playoff Boozer where he shrinks and gets dominated. Millsap always had to come up big for the Jazz to offset Boozer's ineptitude during our recent playoff runs, but Boozer was so bad it would sink us each time.

SephCast said:
I made you an avatar, but I can't do transparency.

3BqNP.png

I don't even know what that means!!!!!!(maybe me laughing at all those that poopsey on MVP)

I did pick out a few avatars though but I don't know how to resize them.

One was of Brewer at the press conference when joining the team(with the Bulls logo perfectly lined up with his head and another was of Keith Bogans, defensive stopper.

Keith's was a regular official boring picture of him but he doesn't need any alterations, he's that badass.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't even know what that means!!!!!!

I did pick out a few avatars though but I don't know how to resize them.

One was of Brewer at the press conference when joining the team(with the Bulls logo perfectly lined up with his head and another was of Keith Bogans, defensive stopper.

Keith's was a regular official boring picture of him but he doesn't need any alterations, he's that badass.

Umm, it's poo on top of Rose's head. It's self explanatory.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Puddles said:
Can't we just agree that CP3 > Rose > Lebron and be done with it?

CP3 is good enough to win multiple MVPs with the right team, but he's never had that team.

CP3 is clearly the better player over Rose. It's sad seeing talent like that wasted on that team. That being said, his knee is no good, and he'll probably never get to see his potential.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Seen the remake of that game on the Xbox???

They ruined that whole boss battle!!!!!!

I didn't even know they remade Conker...what did they do to the Great Mighty Poo?

Sometimes, I wish there was a lockout because then CP3 could have max rest and rehabilitation for that knee.

That man when he was perfectly healthy was sublime; his game was perfect. There was NO argument about who the best was. Yesterday, we saw a throwback to that, and even that was a shade of what that top-tier CP3 game could be like because it didn't feature his former impossible speed.

dream said:
I didn't even know they remade Conker...what did they do to the Great Mighty Poo?

He looks different(not terrible but I prefer the N64 model) and sounds way different(ruins it all).

It's censored and even worse, uses echo on his whole theme song.

Less is more, silly developers.

I don't even like the Conker fur-shaded model on that version, it was all better in the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBlbKf2_eg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
captmcblack said:
Sometimes, I wish there was a lockout because then CP3 could have max rest and rehabilitation for that knee.

That man when he was perfectly healthy was sublime; his game was perfect. There was NO argument about who the best was. Yesterday, we saw a throwback to that, and even that was a shade of what that top-tier CP3 game could be like because it didn't feature his former impossible speed.

I dunno, I don't think rest matters when he has the condition he has. Usually it only gets worse from here.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He looks different(not terrible but I prefer the N64 model) and sounds way different(ruins it all).

It's censored and even worse, uses echo on his whole theme song.

Less is more, silly developers.

I don't even like the Conker fur-shaded model on that version, it was all better in the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBlbKf2_eg

That echo is horrible.

uh, they censored the lyrics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom