• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
Keep watching it you fool! Midway from season 2 until now it's some of the best television of all time.

I got about that far and still thought it sucked. Different strokes...

The incredibly stupid pseudo-science is probably what got to me.

dream

viakado said:
Tonights episode of fringe was so bizarre, that it became highly fantastic. No other show can pull off what it did tonight.

Explain.

Feel free to spoil everything. I'll probably never watch the show but I'm curious about what they did.

Bishman

According to NBA Playbook guy, Dallas & Portland both use zone defense. The key is Dallas is good at attacking the zone. Portland is not.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ATLANTA (AP) — U.S. health officials say last fall's outbreak of a stomach virus that swept through pro basketball teams sickened 21 players on 13 teams.

They were infected with the norovirus, highly contagious and known for spreading on cruise ships. The federal researchers didn't name the teams. But media reports have said players with a stomach bug at the time included four on the Orlando Magic, including star center Dwight Howard.
Shit, I remember that.

exarkun

dIEHARD said:
Like the one he missed in the title game?

damn, harsh.

Dunno if you could talk about another star doing poorly cause you lost yours. I just played 2k11 twice, once with Utah with Deron and one with the current roster. You guys beat Houston by 8 with him, and lost by 20 without him. I can't even tell what that team is anymore, other than relying on ronnie price's dribble (lol) and a milsap/miles combo (which is actually decent). Would not want to be the owner of that team.

What happened to Okur this season. I know he was out with the Achilles last season, what about now?

reilo said:
Keep watching it you fool! Midway from season 2 until now it's some of the best television of all time.

Man that's like...30 episodes from where I'm at. Is it seriously worth all that? I already dropped it for Rubicon but I'm halfway through that so picking back up wouldn't be that hard. I just hate, uh, fuck I hate everything about the show. I hate how terrible the detective work is. I hate the characters (except Lt. Daniels, dude gets a lifetime pass from me). I hate the fact that they invent shit all the time that could solve crimes in hours and then never use it again. I hate the acting. I hate the camera work. Really, the whole damn show just pisses me off. But people keeping saying it gets better so I don't know.

I got about that far and still thought it sucked. Different strokes...

The incredibly stupid pseudo-science is probably what got to me.

Yeah, that too. And Walter knowing the exact details of every scientific discipline ever.

Pkaz01

Getting my picks in before this shit starts..

East -
Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Boston in 6
Magic in 5

West -
Spurs in 5
Lakers in 4
Blazers in 6
Thunder in 6

KingGondo

Banned
Doomsayer said:
kendrick+perkins+sad+meme.png
My few more nominees for photoshop/jpg/gif of the year:
melo.gif

oZzht.jpg

newsign.jpg

10101422.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dark FaZe said:
Guys what do we have in terms of leagues or Pick n Roll this year? Is it not available?
NBA.com didn't have it this year. Sucks.

Godslay said:
Is there a league pass (broadband) for the playoffs? I can't seem to find it if there is.
Not if you are in the US.

Alright, next step of the awards process is determining candidates for ROTY. Here are some off the top of my head:

Sharp (discuss now if you think he should or should not be considered a rook)
peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
TylerD
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
MorisUkunRasik
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

Stiff competition this year! I'm going to carry over anyone who started posting within the last month (cuevas, Pkaz01, StickSoldier, Mike Tyson, etc) to next year's voting because I don't think it'd be fair for them to compete with people who have been here all year. I want to make this list comprehensive so we don't have to look up a billion names next year to see if people posted this year or not.

SamuraiX- said:

Great post. That will help the .gif and image candidacies a lot. Thanks dude.

Keep up the image submissions guys. Remember that these were the nominees from last year so don't post them.

What about Vyer? How long has he been around? marathonfool is new right?

dIEHARD said:
lawlohwhat isn't a rookie he just bitches out when the Blazers aren't doing well.

Yeah, I don't know why I put him on there. Hes been here for a while.

Truphenom

Opening weekend is always my favorite time of the year. Thanks to LeBron, MVP Rose, the Knicks, and Kobe going for ring #6 this is going to be the most exciting playoffs in a long time for me.

I definitely remember Sephcast, MorisUkun, Duki, TylerD and Sharp were posting last year, maybe not as much as they do now but regardless they were here.

Red Blaster said:
I definitely remember Sephcast, MorisUkun, TylerD and Sharp were posting last year, maybe not as much as they do now but regardless they were here.

I'm trying to find posts from the Mar 2010 thread from them but I am having a tough time. I wish I could open the "Who Posted?" window while viewing a thread (needs to be under "thread tools" imo)...that would make things a lot easier.

Alright, next step of the awards process is determining candidates for ROTY. Here are some off the top of my head:

peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
TylerD
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
MorisUkunRasik
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

Stiff competition this year! I'm going to carry over anyone who started posting within the last month (cuevas, Pkaz01, StickSoldier, Mike Tyson, etc) to next year's voting because I don't think it'd be fair for them to compete with people who have been here all year. I want to make this list comprehensive so we don't have to look up a billion names next year to see if people posted this year or not.

SamuraiX- said:

Keep up the image submissions guys. Remember that these were the nominees from last year so don't post them.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Did Scottie make the playoff roster this year?

He's un-retired in my dreams.

I'm rooting for the Bulls since they were my childhood team and they looked phenomenal in person.

The Crimson Blur said:

peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
TylerD
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
MorisUkunRasik
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

Very tough choice for ROY...I say put them in a cell and last person standing wins the honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom