• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

TheWayItWasMeantToBe
TylerD
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo

If Sharp isn't eligible then my vote has to go to one of these guys.

Btw, doesn't anyone have a link that will be streaming Playoff games today?

The Crimson Blur said:
Stiff competition this year! I'm going to carry over anyone who started posting within the last month (cuevas, Pkaz01, StickSoldier, Mike Tyson, etc) to next year's voting because I don't think it'd be fair for them to compete with people who have been here all year. I want to make this list comprehensive so we don't have to look up a billion names next year to see if people posted this year or not.

I've been posting here longer than that ;) Didn't start posting in any sports threads till this winter.

Mar 2010
Duki: 10 posts
SephCast: 3 posts
TylerD: 1 post
MorisUkunRasik: 1 post
Sharp: 1 post

Feb 2010
Duki: 19 posts
TylerD: 20 posts
MorisUkunRasik: 0 posts
Sharp: 0 posts

Jan 2010
Duki: 4 posts
TylerD: 10 posts
MorisUkunRasik: 5 posts

Dec 2009
Duki: 0 posts
SephCast: 0 posts
TylerD: 4 posts
MorisUkunRasik: 6 posts

Oct/Nov 2009

Duki: 1 post
SephCast: 2 posts
MorisUkunRasik: 0 posts

Offseason 2009

Duki: 15 posts
SephCast: 1 post
MorisUkunRasik: 50 posts

TOTAL 2009/2010:

Duki: 49 posts
SephCast: 12 post
TylerD: 55 posts
MorisUkunRasik: 62 posts
Sharp: 1 post

Based on this, I will make Sharp eligible. 1 post in the March thread is forgivable lol. I kinda want to make SephCast eligible too, tell me what you guys think. 12 posts is very little.

Omiee

I cant even remember when i started posting here, i thought i was posting here during 09 when we beat the magic but i cant remember if my account was validated. I did post in the playoffs thread last year

quick search, confirmed i did not post in the 2009 playoffs so i guess im a rookie too.

t minus 30 minutes, fuck yeah!!

Sharp
peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie

Here are the current candidates. Add/correct the list if you have any more suggestions. Thanks for the correction Red Blaster.

SamuraiX-

The Crimson Blur said:
Sharp
peterb0y
TheWayItWasMeantToBe
Black Mamba
SephCast
TheGreatMightyPoo
Mothman91
Omiee
Bread
Grimm Fandango
MidnightCowboy
nitric0
cuevas
kevo_huevo
ReturnoftheRAT
FantasticMrFoxDie
SamuraiX-

Here are the current candidates. Add/correct the list if you have any more suggestions.

I only found this place during the 2010 Off-Season. :p

Omiee

The Crimson Blur said:
Whaaaaat? Really? You are a rook? I gotta look this one up.

If so, another contender just stepped into the ring.

yeah i think he is new to, i remember somebody calling him rookie of the year a few months ago.
i even thought it was you, might be somebody else.

Omiee

woow 15-1 in their division, that is nice. I guess they had a pretty easy opponents.

how is bulls doing with contracts and cap room, do they have room to make some nice acquisitions this summer.

Omiee said:
woow 15-1 in their division, that is nice. I guess they had a pretty easy opponents.

how is bulls doing with contracts and cap room, do they have room to make some nice acquisitions this summer.

Nah, no room at all. in 2012 a lot of shorter contracts like Korver, Brewer and Watson come off the books, but nothing significant moneywise.

But maybe enough to make a sign and trade for Howard work. Noah + Bobkittens first round pick + cap relief for Howard ;)

Omiee

uh espn you are the one who gave the heat all those media and spotlight. Seems a bit dumb to than ask now if its weird that miami got all the attention.

SamuraiX-

Omiee said:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9193

They're barely under the salary cap this season and they'll be some millions over it next season assuming it doesn't change. And I have no idea what's gonna happen with the CBA and all.

It looks like they've got Boozer, Deng, and Noah all locked up for at least the next 3 years. Rose's contract is technically up after next season so I think they're gonna have to save all of whatever salary they have left to pay him.

I don't see this team changing much for the foreseeable future. Their best hope is to maybe resign KT or pick up another veteran/ring-chaser for cheap.

Omiee

SamuraiX- said:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9193

They're barely under the salary cap this season and they'll be some millions over it next season assuming it doesn't change. And I have no idea what's gonna happen with the CBA and all.

It looks like they've got Boozer, Deng, and Noah all locked up for at least the next 3 years. Rose's contract is technically up after next season so I think they're gonna have to save all of whatever salary they have left to pay him.

I don't see this team changing much for the foreseeable future. Their best hope is to pick maybe resign KT or pick up another veteran/ring-chaser for cheap.

So basically they have no room to improve now, not only that. They also have to make room to pay rose to stay?
Well this is their year than.

Unless the CBA eliminates them (which would be dumb); Chicago would have Rose's bird-rights. Considering he'll probably demand the max, they'll have one of the highest payrolls in the league.

SamuraiX-

Omiee said:
So basically they have no room to improve now, not only that. They also have to make room to pay rose to stay?
Well this is their year than.

Well, granted the only way they could really improve is if they find a legit starting SG who can create for himself but is also gonna let Rose do most of the ball handling... and that would just be unfair for the rest of the league if they find that guy. lol

Omiee

SamuraiX- said:
Well, granted the only way they could really improve is if they find a legit starting SG who can create for himself but is also gonna let Rose do most of the ball handling... and that would just be unfair for the rest of the league if they find that guy. lol

Well they would need a good 3 point shooting SG, since rose goes to the rim most of the time.
But like you said they have almost no cap room, after they sighn rose to the max. So i dont see them getting any good pieces.

SamuraiX-

Knux-Future said:
I think the Pacers can take one.

I say "maybe" too... when they go back home. Because they're leaving Chicago down 0-2.

But this Pacers team hasn't been in the Playoffs for five years. I'm sure they'll take at least one just because their crowd should be going wild in Indiana.

Knux-Future said:
I think the Pacers can take one.

I just can't see it. The Bulls are a nightmare matchup for them imo. Deng on Granger will be brutal. Rose will torch Collison.

If they take one, its going to be in Indy though. And probably Game 4 if the Bulls get complacent because they are up 3-0.

SamuraiX- said:
I say "maybe" too... when they go back home. Because they're leaving Chicago down 0-2.

But this Pacers team hasn't been in the Playoffs for five years. I'm sure they'll take at least one just because their crowd should be going wild in Indiana.

Yeah but someone has to get swept so if that's the case then it needs to be them.

The Heat cannot sweep us...please god or moral victories.

SamuraiX-

Knux-Future said:
Yeah but someone has to get swept so if that's the case then it needs to be them.

The Heat cannot sweep us...please god or moral victories.

Hah

The Hornets are without doubt the worst team out of all 16 teams in the Playoffs right now.

I look for them to lay down and take it from the Lakers.

Proud of Hibbert. I'm a huge fan of his. Been watching him since his time in Georgetown (my sister went there).

For Indy to win, he has to be a monster. He is their big matchup advantage.

Omiee

what is up with all these offensive rebounds, bulls have to do a better job on d.

man noah playing with some enegery tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom