• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

Zep said:
Sure that had nothing to do with a certain sex-tape? Don't think anyone gave a fuck about them beforehand.
The people that watch the 3-4 Kardashian reality TV shows are not the same that watched the sex tape.

etiolate

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
I hope the Maloofs get screwed but I don't see how Stern can force them to sell a business they own when technically he works for them, and it's not even slightly in his interest to side with Sacramento on this one. He wants cities terrified of losing their teams so they pony up for flashy arenas that increase his teams' values, which is basically what his job boils down to.

Well, degrades the product overall to have teams move. If KJ is saying if the Maloofs refuse to work with Sacto and still bail, then Burkle is going to buy the Hornets and move them after the lockout. That's pretty much the game right now. Just swinging teams around, making a joke of the league.

Zep

Banned
Duki said:
god no dude

kardashians have been rich as fuck for ages

I understand that. What Im saying is, who gave a shit about the family from the standpoint of TV, magazines, etc, before the sextape...Nobody.

giri

LiveFromKyoto said:
I hope the Maloofs get screwed but I don't see how Stern can force them to sell a business they own when technically he works for them, and it's not even slightly in his interest to side with Sacramento on this one. He wants cities terrified of losing their teams so they pony up for flashy arenas that increase his teams' values, which is basically what his job boils down to.
Yes and no, it depends how much it would dilute the Lakers product, and whether he thinks it brings in more money to have the team in a different market also. He can't force them to sell, but he can certainly make it very unpleasant and unlikely that they'll be allowed to relocate.

I think the maloof's are douche bags for moving the team, but i can't see them selling it unless they are refused all attempts to move it.

dream said:
You fucking fuck.

:(

<3

Duki

Banned
Zep said:
I understand that. What Im saying is, who gave a shit about his family from the standpoint of TV, magazines, etc, before the sextape...Nobody.
...robert was one of oj's lawyers bro

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Man, wtf, happened with Fringe? I haven't watched it since like the fifth episode, but I see a little every once and a while and now it's some cartoon thing with Spock?

As someone who just watched the first three episodes of Fringe, the show started off as garbage to begin with. I have no idea why the fuck so many people told me it was good. Hell the pilot is probably the worst hour and a half of tv I've ever seen.

numble

Zep said:
I understand that. What Im saying is, who gave a shit about the family from the standpoint of TV, magazines, etc, before the sextape...Nobody.
For some reason 3 million people watch each episode of "Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami," which doesn't even feature Kim. It's just the group of people that like to watch rich people live their lives.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Chris Rock special on comedy central is doing his routine/rant about the word faggot and words uncer certain context. From 2008. its like comedy central planned this. He brings up good points

Pkaz01

Zep said:
Actually Kim got more famous because she was paris hiltons bff and they did a whole bunch of stupid shit together. Her ass makes her more famous than her sextape.

and the people watching the spinoff shows are the ones that watch the original the two sisters weren't famous before the show (well khloe was famous for being the ugly one). but kim has been in the tabloids forever even before the sextape

Zep

Banned
Duki said:
...robert was one of oj's lawyers bro

My point must not be getting through, lol. I know all him being one of OJ's lawyers. What I am saying is they(they being his family) didn't get famous off a 12yr old trial. Sextape.

IXQue.jpg

SamuraiX-

Here are my candidates for the "Best of the NBA 2010/2011 Season" awards:

Best Images From Around The League
5tz7sn.jpg

600_fanup_generic_page_2_101015.jpg

nba_g_griffin_400.jpg

ty02m.jpg

cqCnd.png

ept_sports_nba_experts-79808957-1298906898.jpg

R8iLU.jpg

xzjc5

uwzdy

m3ywn.png

Best Photoshops of the Season
dealwithit-1.jpg

oklahoma-city-thunder.jpg

202210604.jpg

mcdyess-tipin.jpg

JRQbV.jpg

stephcurrypedobear.jpg

2mxrcew.jpg

tumblr_lhg822WjvQ1qhb47yo1_400.jpg

rvkQO.jpg

Best .gifs of the Season
NPr5f.gif

Dvjp7.gif

0065_e7lx.gif

montahandshake.gif

j14pqp.gif

33dxcas.gif

0067_ln8w.gif

boshflop.gif

melo.gif

mhfvio.gif

Best Collage - dIEHARD
Rookie of the Year - Sharp (who apparently has been active but not posting anymore :()
Troll of the Year - Brandy (he cooled down toward the end, but he was going hard at the beginning of the season. lol)
Most Valuable Player - DY (hasn't felt quite the same without him...)
Best Ether - giri (dare I say ether of the decade? lol)

which was then followed by...

jbO6n.png

Btw, was it reilo who made this? If so, he deserves some votes for it.

These are just some of what I saved up and what I found when skimming through the old OTs. Sorry for the gigantic post. lol

giri

that bigbaby.gif of not dunking is glorious. But the ray allen smirk is the gif of the year, thats the one of the few things i'll remember from this season, for a long time.

m3k

man i havent watched nba in ages and even though i was going for new york, it felt good seeing them have a bit of game

playoffs baby! celtics lol

giri

The Chosen One said:
I'll ask again, are we doing a playoff pick'em this year?
Yep, i went looking on nba.com earlier and they still haven't got it up yet. When/if they do i'll put it up straight away, or someone else can.

I remember last year I met Keith Bogans in subway. The spurs practiced at my high school when they played the Lakers. So did the Thunder. Keith was very antisocial.

giri

MidnightCowboy said:
I remember last year I met Keith Bogans in subway. The spurs practiced at my high school when they played the Lakers. So did the Thunder. Keith was very antisocial.
This story is awesome, the only thing it's missing is a point.

Duki

Banned
gaf now has a men painting their fingernails defense force

it is apparently discrimination for a man not to be allowed to paint his fingernails at work

why is sports gaf the only slightly normal gaf

dream

Duki said:
gaf now has a men painting their fingernails defense force

it is apparently discrimination for a man not to be allowed to paint his fingernails at work

why is sports gaf the only slightly normal gaf

Part of me hates the fact that I can't stand those motherfuckers who try to prove they have way more understanding, sensitivity and tolerance than I do.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pickles the Firecat said:
As someone who just watched the first three episodes of Fringe, the show started off as garbage to begin with. I have no idea why the fuck so many people told me it was good. Hell the pilot is probably the worst hour and a half of tv I've ever seen.
Keep watching it you fool! Midway from season 2 until now it's some of the best television of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom