• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jared

Fucking

Jeffries.

that's the stuff that makes you unable to walk in the streets of harlem/brooklyn/bx/staten..jus sayin'

watch your back homie

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ph33nix said:
The whole world doesn't need to be like batshit Blazermaniacs
Because having a bunch of empty chairs draped in white cloth in the stands is the better alternative?

exarkun

Pristine_Condition said:
It's the "cocaine and boob job crowd." Same reason there are nightclubs in JerryWorld.

lol so true, as of what I've heard from people at school. Dallas is so weird, the other cities aren't nearly that materialistic or cocaine oriented as D-town. Maybe meth in SA, but you guys take the cake for boob jobs/fake blondes, expensive cars, and bad fans.

exarkun said:
wow your team is doing well in the final minutes and you fucking LEAVE? WTF IS THAT SHIT? They were close not even three minutes ago and this is what happens? I hate dallas sports. Biggest bandwagoners.

At least stay to give them an ovation or some shit. They played hard.

A small amount of people were shown leaving. Happens in every single city at every sporting event. There are always people who would rather get a head start on traffic than sit and clap for the 10 seconds it takes the players to walk across the court after the game. No reason to single Dallas out or say bandwagoners lol.

Also, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK shits all over the Blazers in the 4th again. I wonder what their crybaby coach will be fined for this time.

Branduil

Kidd and Peja have hidden the fact that Terry has been a no-show again.

It's going to be really, really hard to win a game at the Rose Garden.

woodchuck

The day the Mavs won Game 2 against the Blazers must have been the most horrible day of Reilo's life. For Mavs fans, it was just Tuesday.

woodchuck said:
The day the Mavs won Game 2 against the Blazers must have been the most horrible day of Reilo's life. For Mavs fans, it was just Tuesday.

lol my fav movie:
Bison.jpg

GAME...........OVVVVEEERRRR!!!!

exarkun said:
lol so true, as of what I've heard from people at school. Dallas is so weird, the other cities aren't nearly that materialistic or cocaine oriented as D-town. Maybe meth in SA, but you guys take the cake for boob jobs/fake blondes, expensive cars, and bad fans.

That phrase that I used "the cocaine and boob job crowd" is an actual, common phrase used in Dallas sports talk forever. It was coined years ago by the most popular sports talkshow in Dallas.

It's not really that pervasive in Dallas, but it describes the douches that show up at playoff games, taking tickets from real fans, so they can be seen at the game.

Pretty much all the real sports fans in Dallas hate these assholes, hence the coining of the phrase, but what can you do? They have the money for tickets...

exarkun

Bumblebeetuna said:
A small amount of people were shown leaving. Happens in every single city at every sporting event. There are always people who would rather get a head start on traffic than sit and clap for the 10 seconds it takes the players to walk across the court after the game. No reason to single Dallas out or say bandwagoners lol.

Also, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK shits all over the Blazers in the 4th again. I wonder what their crybaby coach will be fined for this time.

Nah bro, 4 mins left and seats were empyting out. Boooo those peeps. But I understand from pristine and brandi and the other mavs fans that its the douchers. The one nice thing about mavs games is how cheap the tickets are. Anyone here know what the cheap seats are going for the playoffs? I might make the drive, don't want to go to SA and watch them lose.

Mavs playing great though. With a purpose. Kinda nice to see them do something again, and not suck it in the playoffs.

Edit: And who'd a thunk I would actually learn something from Pristine. Thanks man, now I can talk the lingo when I go to the bars.

Jeff-DSA

exarkun said:
Nah bro, 4 mins left and seats were empyting out. Boooo those peeps. But I understand from pristine and brandi and the other mavs fans that its the douchers. The one nice thing about mavs games is how cheap the tickets are. Anyone here know what the cheap seats are going for the playoffs? I might make the drive, don't want to go to SA and watch them lose.

Mavs playing great though. With a purpose. Kinda nice to see them do something again, and not suck it in the playoffs.

Edit: And who'd a thunk I would actually learn something from Pristine. Thanks man, now I can talk the lingo when I go to the bars.

It's Dallas, at 4 minutes left they could have been making a mad dash to get one last hot dog or nacho tray.

reilo

Pristine_Condition said:
I think something like 11 points from the Portland bench had more to do with it... OUCH.
Outside of Nic who went 5-10, Rudy, Patty, and Roy went 0-4 in 22 combined minutes. Those are supposed to be shooters/scorers, too. Portland's bench has been their big achille's heel all season long.

Red Blaster said:
Portland Failblazers

Never shoulda let this sexy beast go

http://www.hotstovenewyork.com/images/zach_randolph.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Your team barely had the series tied today 1-1 against the [I]Hawks[/I]. You shouldn't be talking.

reilo said:
Outside of Nic who went 5-10, Rudy, Patty, and Roy went 0-4 in 22 combined minutes. Those are supposed to be shooters/scorers, too. Portland's bench has been their big achille's heel all season long.

Your team barely had the series tied today 1-1 against the Hawks. You shouldn't be talking.

Your team drafted Greg Oden

reilo

ryutaro's mama said:
Sometimes I dream, that he is me...oops, wrong guy, same team.
Shouldn't you be worried about your team being down 0-1 to a franchise that has no owner and probably won't exist next season?

Branduil

ryutaro's mama said:
Why do you even bother following a team you have so little faith in?
Because I'm not a bandwagoner?

There's no point in delusionally believing your team will win if you're not a Lakers/Celtics/Spurs fan.

Fatalah

talisayNon said:
Jared Fucking Jeffries.
that's the stuff that makes you unable to walk in the streets of harlem/brooklyn/bx/staten..jus sayin' watch your back homie

There is NO game without Jeffries, the guy played his heart out the entire night. A random caller on WFAN called up all angry too -- but good ol'e Steve Somers talked him down.

Yes, I'm upset the Knicks lost, but tonight's loss feels nothing like Sunday. Tonight was a damn treat, and I can't believe how well the team played under the circumstances.

Then you've got people knocking D'Antoni. The guy's lost 2 star players, yet they lost by a single basket against a full Celtics lineup. Give him a break -- he's even got the Knicks playing defense.

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
There's been 9 Laker championships just in my lifetime. Worry? About what?
Tomorrow? Isn't that what all of the team's are playing for?

reilo said:
If you're gonna start a snowball fight, don't be afraid to get hit back.

No, I was saying "C'mon seriously" as your team that does have an owner and will exist next year is down 0-2 and you're shitting on the Lakers being down 0-1.

Bread

Banned
WOO! Celtics win mother fuckers! KG was badass, Rondo was playing like an MVP PG would, and the Celtics are up 2-0!

FUCK YES

reilo

ryutaro's mama said:
No, I was saying "C'mon seriously" as your team that does have an owner and will exist next year is down 0-2 and you're shitting on the Lakers being down 0-1.
Ugh, yeah. Isn't that the point of having silly arguments like this? This isn't your first time at the dance.

The Crimson Blur said:
0/10

Seriously, this is the cheapest comeback. Waving rings at someone cause you got nothing else to say.

I'm not waving them, I'm saying there's no desperation. Laker fans don't have to deal with that "Boston Red Sox pre-2004 We'll find a way to fuck it up" complex. That's more of a Blazer thing. Why would I worry if it's not our year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom