• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crimson Blur said:
0/10

Seriously, this is the cheapest comeback. Waving rings at someone cause you got nothing else to say.

Nah, giri and others here seem to remember worse ones than that after a certain South Texan team got swept last year.

ryutaro's mama said:
Nah, giri and others hear seem to remember worse ones than that after a certain South Texan team got swept last year.

I thought the popular Spur fan comeback was "THE LEAGUE ISN'T FAIR IM QUITTING BASKETBALL FOR A FEW YEARS!!"

dream

...Russell Bestbrook just said he visited the OKC memorial and it was overwhelming because he never knew something like that happened until he got there.

Bishman

Amazing ball control for us in the 2nd half with no turn overs. We limited those lame alley hoops to only 2. Dirk is closing out games. We just need JET + Marion to step it up and contribute more.

dream said:
...Russell Bestbrook just said he visited the OKC memorial and it was overwhelming because he never knew something like that happened until he got there.

And who gives a shit? He's millionaire, just like KayKay.

Lurnin' is for suckers.

Ninja Scooter said:
I'm not waving them, I'm saying there's no desperation. Laker fans don't have to deal with that "Boston Red Sox pre-2004 We'll find a way to fuck it up" complex. That's more of a Blazer thing. Why would I worry if it's not our year?

So basically you don't care if the Lakers win or lose? Why even be a fan?

The Crimson Blur said:
Thats the same thing. Basically the definition of not caring whether the Lakers win or lose.

It's not the same thing. I don't freak out over 0-1 deficits to inferior teams because of this team's history, and I don't freak out if we don't win a title because of this franchise's history.

The Crimson Blur said:
Thats the same thing. Basically the definition of not caring whether the Lakers win or lose.

That's not true.

I think you could say someone would like a team to win but if it doesn't happen, "you ain't mad tho".

I don't live and die with the Lakers the way I used to in the past but I want them to win.

If they lost, I'd be upset but not suiciding like I would have years ago.

Missed the Celtics-Knicks game, dang. Hawks lost, but from everything I read about their play in the second half, they played good except for a few plays, I think they still win the series in 6. Dwight shooting that well from the line really makes him unstoppable, but the rest of the team is so bad.

Dude your point guard is Devin Harris you no longer have room to criticize combo guards.

What if we criticize Devin Harris as well? He is Westbrook without Durant and weight lifting after all.

giri

ryutaro's mama said:
Nah, giri and others here seem to remember worse ones than that after a certain South Texan team got swept last year.
not every team can let dragic go off on them for historic playoff moments. (I still remember it all so clearly).

giri said:
not every team can let dragic go off on them for historic playoff moments. (I still remember it all so clearly).

Are you sure you aren't making that up in your head?

The 5pur5 tanked in the middle of the playoffs, remember?

The Suns were supposed to sweep them so they could move up in the draft, like in 1997!

ecnal said:
not melting down if the lakers lose != not caring.

seriously?

ryutaro's mama said:
That's not true.

I think you could say someone would like a team to win but if it doesn't happen, "you ain't mad tho".

I don't live and die with the Lakers the way I used to in the past but I want them to win.

If they lost, I'd be upset but not suiciding like I would have years ago.

Ninja Scooter said:
It's not the same thing. I don't freak out over 0-1 deficits to inferior teams because of this team's history, and I don't freak out if we don't win a title because of this franchise's history.

Welp, all this talk about the Miami crowd made me forget that the Lakers still have the worst fanbase in the league.

exarkun

Do you guys ever read the true-hoop associated blog for your team? Most team's blogs talk about interesting shit (the best ones apparently get picked up by espn/yahoo/cbs to write for them) but the Rockets one is dumb as rocks. They don't actual basketball, but just basic, very late general commentary. And they basically repeat what yahoo/rotoworld said earlier. I feel like I can do it better, and I know they have a high turnover rate since most of the good writers use it as a stepping stone.

Should I just throw my lot out there? I was thinking about it.

Fatalah said:
Then you've got people knocking D'Antoni. The guy's lost 2 star players, yet they lost by a single basket against a full Celtics lineup. Give him a break -- he's even got the Knicks playing defense.

This is the kind of loser thinking that extended the tenures of Eric Mangini, Herm Edwards, Isiaah Thomas and Larry Brown.

He's been given ample time. His ass should be gone after this year.

Bread

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
You know who the Magic don't need? Jeff Green. Looks like Jeff Green is getting the MLE from the Magic next season.
There's no way the Celtics don't match Green at the MLE. Even as bad as he fits with the team, he's going to stay if his contract is under 6 million.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
You know who the Magic don't need? Jeff Green. Looks like Jeff Green is getting the MLE from the Magic next season.

Wrong. Danny Ainge traded Perkins because they couldn't re-up him, thus they're going to pay Jeffery Green his asking price of 50 million US dollars. It is written.

Bread said:
There's no way the Celtics don't match Green at the MLE. Even as bad as he fits with the team, he's going to stay if his contract is under 6 million.

lol no, there's no way he's staying with the Celtics. He's awful and the Celtics need to have cap space ready in 2012 for Dwight and Deron. He's worth about 3/9 and the Celtics have no incentive to keep him.

ryutaro's mama said:
We have a new nomination for Worst Comeback.

Only because you don't realize how true it is.

Can you imagine Branduil if the Mavericks won a ring? It would change his whole personality. He'd look at life differently. How about Rodeo? After all these years of shit, and the failure of the Garnett years? Dude would flip a shit. He'd reminisce about it for the rest of his life.

Laker "fans" can't even remember highlights from their own championships. When they win, they think about the next one immediately. Its like "Haha yea! Thats 5 for Mamba! Two more and he passes MJ! Sweet!" Its a completely different degree of fandom.

I have no idea what I would do if the Jazz won a title.

edit: I should prepare for titles though. I mean, we've got Jonny Flynn, Jimmer Fredette, and Bismack Biyombo coming to the team this offseason.

The Crimson Blur said:
Laker "fans" can't even remember highlights from their own championships. When they win, they think about the next one immediately. Its like "Haha yea! Thats 5 for Mamba! Two more and he passes MJ! Sweet!" Its a completely different degree of fandom.

And suddenly, it becomes about Kobe.

I was a fan before Kobe and will still be one after him.

But, another nomination for Worst Comeback.

You're on a roll tonight!

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
lol no, there's no way he's staying with the Celtics. He's awful and the Celtics need to have cap space ready in 2012 for Dwight and Deron. He's worth about 3/9 and the Celtics have no incentive to keep him.

"jeff green, the future of the celtics" oh Danny, you stupid man

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I have no idea what I would do if the Jazz won a title.

edit: I should prepare for titles though. I mean, we've got Jonny Flynn, Jimmer Fredette, and Bismack Biyombo coming to the team this offseason.
Fredette? Don't you mean "prepare for titles"?

Doomsayer

The Crimson Blur said:
Only because you don't realize how true it is.

Can you imagine Branduil if the Mavericks won a ring? It would change his whole personality. He'd look at life differently. How about Rodeo? After all these years of shit, and the failure of the Garnett years? Dude would flip a shit. He'd reminisce about it for the rest of his life.

Way to generalize, hombre.

I loved you how you put fans in quotation marks, cute.

The Crimson Blur said:
Welp, all this talk about the Miami crowd made me forget that the Lakers still have the worst fanbase in the league.

You seriously want to call out other fanbases? You? The guy who was ready to quit watching basketball because of how unfair the league was to your 4 time NBA champion Spurs? Get the fuck out of here.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bishman said:
John Hollinger: 94% of teams who go up 2-0 win the series.

Yep. 80% of teams who win the first game win the series. Statistics like that destroy my faith in a Knick comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom