• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Ninja Scooter said:
2nd five:

Landry
Psycho T
Boozer
Toney Douglas
Aaron Gray

Still no Rose. Maybe if you made a list of "Top 5 guys who have shot the most free throws"?
At least he made it on one of your lists. You're not so bad after all!

benjipwns

Banned
linsivvi said:
Because I did not? I just pointed at this particular stats as meaningless.

Or is it because you cannot make a valid argument against my point?
In sports, stats are valid and meaningful when they support your preexisting opinion; invalid and meaningless when they do not.

And it's not just Hollinger, those kinds of broad patterns have been thrown around far before Hollinger got out of diapers. It's the kind of stat the media loves because it serves the key purpose of creating a narrative.

Ninja Scooter said:
2nd five:

Landry
Psycho T
Boozer
Toney Douglas
Aaron Gray

Still no Rose. Maybe if you made a list of "Top 5 guys who have shot the most free throws"?

You mean the "Dywane Wade Finals Memorial" award?

BTW, the newly minted DRose apologists are so easily riled up.

exarkun

The Stealth Fox said:
I see no Carl Landry in this list. Why?

In all honesty I'm kinda surprised how him and psycho T have played in the playoffs. I knew they would play hard, but not hard enough to make a large amount of difference to their teams. Psycho T had me stunned for a while. Landry going hard and getting that roll in while getting fouled under the basket was also WTF good.

Ninja Scooter said:
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1043375_o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

At least Chuck is trying to lose weight. You're just drowning yourself in food.

You need 15 years of irrelevance to remember what it feels like to have your heart pumping during an important game. I think thats the best thing that can happen to you. Its out of the kindness of my heart that I want the Lakers to lose. Maybe after 15 years and the Blake Griffin and Tyreke Evans eras, the Lakers will become the red-headed stepchild of the LA bandwagonbase, and Laker fans will start to clean up their act and become respectable members of society.

punkypine

Ninja Scooter said:
2nd five:

Landry
Psycho T
Boozer
Toney Douglas
Aaron Gray

This list is so fucked up, have you watched a single game? Psycho T has been unstoppable, he's gotta be top 5.... if he wasnt playing with those scrubs, he'd have 35/20 every game.

And Rose isn't on the free throw list either, assuming you take out the bad calls

The Stealth Fox

linsivvi said:
My proposed trade of Martin, Scola and Lowry for Kobe, Odom and Fisher still stands.

LA Rockets and Houston Lakers.

Scola and Gasol on the same team? Gasol's a little better at defense while Scola is the hard nosed guy. They'd complement each other really well.

They can then take a dump on the Spurs every year. Scola would go for 40 on them, and then hit the game winner (in .4 seconds) over Tiago Splitter.

The Crimson Blur said:
At least Chuck is trying to lose weight. You're just drowning yourself in food.

You need 15 years of irrelevance to remember what it feels like to have your heart pumping during an important game. I think thats the best thing that can happen to you. Its out of the kindness of my heart that I want the Lakers to lose. Maybe after 15 years and the Blake Griffin and Tyreke Evans eras, the Lakers will become the red-headed stepchild of the LA bandwagonbase, and Laker fans will start to clean up their act and become respectable members of society.

lol I can taste the salt from here.

snack

punkypine said:
And Rose isn't on the free throw list either, assuming you take out the bad calls
jamesyell._i84t5g2.gif

punkypine said:
This list is so fucked up, have you watched a single game? Psycho T has been unstoppable, he's gotta be top 5.... if he wasnt playing with those scrubs, he'd have 35/20 every game.

HOW CAN HE NOT BE ON THE LIST? HIS PASS TO KORVER WAS JUST LIKE WHEN JEFFREY PASSED TO PAXSON. JUST LIKE IT.

THRILLH0

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
2nd five:

Landry
Psycho T
Boozer
Toney Douglas
Aaron Gray

Hey do a "Top 5 arthritic joint pops" so Kobe and Donecan can get on a list.

THRILLH0

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
You mean the "Dywane Wade Finals Memorial" award?

BTW, the newly minted DRose apologists are so easily riled up.

Nah, we just think that Rose's PG skills being called into question by guys who's teams are run by Derek Fisher, Jameer Nelson and Devin Harris is just a wee bit rich.

AShep said:
Nah, we just think that Rose's PG skills being called into question by guys who's teams are run by Derrick Fisher, Jameer Nelson and Devin Harris is just a wee bit rich.

While Rose was getting sent home in a lazy sweep last year at the hands of the <snicker> Cavs, Derek (not Derrick) Fisher was sizing up #5.

Yeah, Rose was on the Bulls last year.

I know this might be news to you guys but he was.

The Stealth Fox

ryutaro's mama said:
While Rose was getting sent home in a lazy sweep last year at the hands of the <snicker> Cavs, Derek (not Derrick) Fisher was sizing up #5.

He didn't have ultimate X-factor Kyle Korver as his 1B last year.

punkypine

And with the way the games have been going in Chicago, the bulls could be in trouble when the series shifts to indiana. And once the Heat sign a center, NY gets chris paul, and the celtics get dwight howard, chicago is going to be in trouble. Rose might never get out of the first round...

THRILLH0

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:

Is the whole bandwagon shtick really the best you've got? It doesn't even make sense dude. I didn't have my account approved until a month ago.

Seriously, the whole "da fuck are you" shit is lame.

The Stealth Fox

dIEHARD said:
can we get some more gifs of average dunks?

It's so funny that you bring up that word 'average'. That pretty much describes his improvements this year.

He used to be a terribad shooter, and now he's just 'average'. He's a better candidate for MIP than MVP.

punkypine

The Stealth Fox said:
It's so funny that you bring up that word 'average'. That pretty much describes his improvements this year.

He used to be a terribad shooter, and now he's just 'average'. He's a better candidate for MIP than MVP.
league average shooting %: 45.9
D Rose: 44.5

League average 3 point %: 35.8
D Rose: 30.9

The Stealth Fox

punkypine said:
league average shooting %: 45.9
D Rose: 44.5

League average 3 point %: 35.8
D Rose: 30.9

Someone bring up the stats of the last 10 MVPs.

The Bulls have their record because of their defense. But Rose isn't even anything special on defense. Rose is their best offensive player, but he's simply 'average'. And where do the Bulls rank in offense? I think they're average there too.

Average Bulls are average.

Branduil

AlphaSnake said:
Yep. 80% of teams who win the first game win the series. Statistics like that destroy my faith in a Knick comeback.
Despite that 80% number, I'd still say the odds of the Spurs and Lakers both winning their series is higher.

THRILLH0

Banned
Branduil said:
Despite that 80% number, I'd still say the odds of the Spurs and Lakers both winning their series is higher.

Agreed but that makes it even more likely that the Knicks will lose to keep that average down.

SamuraiX-

ryutaro's mama said:
Hey SamuraiX, I think this snack fellow has me all figured out.

I'm bitter because LeBron left the Cavs after failing for 7 years.

Dan Gilbert 4 Lyfe.

Just keep fighting back the tears, champ.

I'm sure he'll come back someday.

When has he not kept a promise?

SamuraiX- said:
Just keep fighting back the tears, champ.

I'm sure he'll come back someday.

But I don't want him to come back anymore.

Why can't I just let this go? Why can't I move on?

Ninja, how come LeBron don't love us no mo'?

:(

Puddles

Banned
Looks like the C's front office was able to organize that midnight Perkins fix for Rondo. 30 points? God damn. I wonder if they met in a cornfield.

White Thunder not looking so good though; any way they can arrange him a rendezvous with Gloria James?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom