• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Ninja Scooter said:
Fubu-logo-81994DC787-seeklogo.com.gif

Shieeet. Been a while.

giri

xxxstylzxxx said:
That's game. This loss is squarely on D'Antoni for not starting Carter and waiting too long to recognize that Fields was giving him nothing leaving the Knicks discombobulated on the offensive end for 3 quarters. I think Walsh will be laying the hammer down come the off season.
Your posts read like that of a really stupid, uneducated (maybe i mean, less thoughtful or knowledgeable?), band wagon fan.

You've picked your target for all the bad, and just twist everything to that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
8.7PPG in 35MPG? Would have been nice to see this Jason Richardson last year. Smh

giri

reilo said:
8.7PPG in 35MPG? Would have been nice to see this Jason Richardson last year. Smh
Yeah, and whats worse, they're open shots too. Only thing i can think of, is guarding Joe is taking too much out of him? They miss pietrus for this series, and next. That big defensive player that can stay on a JJ.

reilo

GremlinFool said:
Knicks played the series without Billups or a healthy Amare, the result isn't particularly surprising.
They were a worse team with Billups playing.

giri said:
Your posts read like that of a really stupid, uneducated (maybe i mean, less thoughtful or knowledgeable?), band wagon fan.

You've picked your target for all the bad, and just twist everything to that.

What exactly about my post led you to that conclusion? The fact that Mike D may be on the chopping block considering how badly he was out coached by Doc Rivers for the whole series, how ineffective Fields was or how much of an impact Carter could have had if he started the games 3 and 4? You have every right to disagree with my points but I'm not quite sure what part of the post that you quoted, in any way, suggests what you were exactly referring to and more importantly in the highly unnecessary manner in which you implied it.

And FYI this bandwagon fan had to endure lost seasons with Pat Cummings and Kenny Walker while contemplating what could have been if Bernard King had actually stayed healthy so please take that shit elsewhere.

esquire said:
I wonder about this. Is D'Antoni really on the chopping block? I would assume they'd give him one more year at least because the knicks were still in a protracted rebuild mode at the end of the season.

Give him at least one year with a real team, then decide what to do.

They knew before hiring him they would endure two or three seasons of suckyness.

dream

If you have faith, you have hope. If you have hope, you have life. Go Sixers.

wtf, these Sixers kids are really likeable.

seattle6418 said:
Give him at least one year with a real team, then decide what to do.

They knew before hiring him they would endure two or three seasons of suckyness.
Good soundpoints on the MSG postgame. Waiting on Amar'e and Carmelo at the podium.

loving D'Antoni dancing around the question about the refs.
They were a worse team with Billups playing.
Three quarters is a pretty huge sample size.

Bottom line, Billups can run the offense in this situation. Douglas can't right now.

giri

xxxstylzxxx said:
What exactly about my post led you to that conclusion? The fact that Mike D may be on the chopping block considering how badly he was out coached by Doc Rivers for the whole series, how ineffective Fields was or how much of an impact Carter could have had if he started the games 3 and 4? You have every right to disagree with my points but I'm not quite sure what part of the post that you quoted, in any way, suggests what you were exactly referring to and more importantly in the highly unnecessary manner in which you implied it.

And FYI this bandwagon fan had to endure lost seasons with Pat Cummings and Kenny Walker while contemplating what could have been if Bernard King had actually stayed healthy so please take that shit elsewhere.
What about Carter prior to today makes you think he should have started over Douglas or fields? 2 guys who were regular rotation players/starters in the regular season, where carter was seeing very little time after the trade? And all of a sudden he should be starting in a do or die game? You're kidding your self if you think you saw this coming or Mike D should jave. Carters been a career back up, and very solid at it, but rarely plays at that level.

And what out coached? The knicks were so depleted for game 2, that he was down to using roger mason jr. In game 3 the calamity of mistakes that fields and co. put together aren't on dantoni, if you can't catch a simple pass on a fast break, i don't know what you expect the coach to do for them? In game 1, it came down to execution, and the players didn't.

I've seen mike out coached numerous times. But to be out coached you have to have had options in the first place, and the knicks didn't. I'm not going to say he's a great coach, but the shit you're putting at his feet is not his fault. The poor rotations, the constantly leaving garnett open from 15 - 18ft for a jumper he must knock down 75% of the time, yeah, you can put that at his feet. Jared Jeffries making one dumb ass play? no. The fact that his players aren't held more accountable on D, to the tune of ray allen shooting what was it, 75% from 3 for the series? i mean, jesus fucking christ, how hard is it to not leave "ray allen open..... FOR 3!"

Game 1 and 2 could have gone either way, enjoy the win against a handicapped team though,congrats! Knicks would have won if billups and stat weren't hurt.

reilo

Syphon Filter said:
Game 1 and 2 could have gone either way, enjoy the win against a handicapped team though,congrats! Knicks would have won if billups and stat weren't hurt.
Lol

ryutaro's mama said:
No way man.

The fact that the Heat won both regular season matchups against the Lakers settles it--even though Cerrius would like to ignore the pasting the Heat got in 3 out of 4 games versus the Czzz this year.
We lost both games to the Celtics in the regular season last year.

The Frankman said:
They have to give him a year.

I hate D'Antoni, but if you saw the roster he inherited and the absolute crap he's had to coach he has to stay on. Now if Knicks have a bad 1st 20 games sure, fire him next season but now? No way they can do that, he barely had 20 games with this team and 0 training camp. By the fire D'Antoni logic you have to fire Donnie Walsh also.

That's fair. There were just so many questionable decisions that were made in this series that really made me shake my head. We'll just have to wait and see what he can do with a revamped roster + a full training camp to accurately assess whether or not he's capable of taking this team to the next level.

giri said:
What about Carter prior to today makes you think he should have started over Douglas or fields? 2 guys who were regular rotation players/starters in the regular season, where carter was seeing very little time after the trade? And all of a sudden he should be starting in a do or die game? You're kidding your self if you think you saw this coming or Mike D should have. Carters been a career back up, and very solid at it, but rarely plays at that level.
My opinion is that during the regular season when AC played, the defense improved. Knicks don't beat the Heat on ESPN without AC shadowing Wade and changing the tempo in that 2nd quarter. However, no way you can start him. I DO think he should've been playing more minutes once Chauncey went down to spell Douglas, but he can't start.
And what out coached? The knicks were so depleted for game 2, that he was down to using roger mason jr. In game 3 the calamity of mistakes that fields and co. put together aren't on dantoni, if you can't catch a simple pass on a fast break, i don't know what you expect the coach to do for them? In game 1, it came down to execution, and the players didn't.
He was outcoached, but when you have Jared Jeffries, Roger Mason Jr., a slumping Douglas and a mindfucked Fields, you dead dawg. I will say we has unwilling to explore options but nothing that is worth being fired over.
I've seen mike out coached numerous times. But to be out coached you have to have had options in the first place, and the knicks didn't. I'm not going to say he's a great coach, but the shit you're putting at his feet is not his fault. The poor rotations, the constantly leaving garnett open from 15 - 18ft for a jumper he must knock down 75% of the time, yeah, you can put that at his feet. Jared Jeffries making one dumb ass play? no. The fact that his players aren't held more accountable on D, to the tune of ray allen shooting what was it, 75% from 3 for the series? i mean, jesus fucking christ, how hard is it to not leave "ray allen open..... FOR 3!"
Which is why I say he needs to stop this stubborn shit and hire a legit Defensive coordinator. Jeff Van Gundy represent!

giri

The Frankman said:
My opinion is that during the regular season when AC played, the defense improved. Knicks don't beat the Heat on ESPN without AC shadowing Wade and changing the tempo in that 2nd quarter. However, no way you can start him. I DO think he should've been playing more minutes once Chauncey went down to spell Douglas, but he can't start.

He was outcoached, but when you have Jared Jeffries, Roger Mason Jr., a slumping Douglas and a mindfucked Fields, you dead dawg. I will say we has unwilling to explore options but nothing that is worth being fired over.

Which is why I say he needs to stop this stubborn shit and hire a legit Defensive coordinator. Jeff Van Gundy represent!
I still say it's hard to say out coached, when he was out talented. But the rest i don't disagree with. Carter is a great back up, but thats what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom