• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
captmcblack said:
Dwight is probably going to end up being a Celtic. That's why they didn't bring back/pay any of their better, more expensive bigs - they kept that space open.

Austin Rivers and Dwight will restock the cupboard for the C's after Shaq retires and Allen leaves/retires. Watch.

Austin Rivers is like the 12th best player of next year's draft.

Darkman M

Blackace said:
Not a lot of teams that can afford him.. They might be able to squeeze the white AB or the black AB in a sign and trade if he is hell bent on not coming back

Teams will nuke their whole team at the to sign him, sighing him might be bigger then the NWO fiasco

captmcblack said:
Dwight is probably going to end up being a Celtic. That's why they didn't bring back/pay any of their better, more expensive bigs - they kept that space open.

Austin Rivers and Dwight will restock the cupboard for the C's after Shaq retires and Allen leaves/retires. Watch.

"Jeff Green is the Celtics future" - Danny Ainge , Ainge got his man so we are set for 5578767 years B^)

I could actually see that happening too after Ray/Paul/Garnett retire.

SamuraiX-

diddles said:
NBA mentality. be on the lakers, celtics, pistons, bulls, spurs, or never go anywhere.

You forgot about the Heat.

CDxse.jpg

2006 & 2011 Champs!

SamuraiX-

NomarTyme said:
Maybe CP3 can lure him to NO!

I'd rather see both CP3 and Dwight join and sign with a different team altogether.

Both Orlando and New Orleans have some of the dumbest fucking management in the league.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Darkman M said:
Teams will nuke their whole team at the to sign him, sighing him might be bigger then the NWO fiasco

Yeah but he won't want to go to a gutted team

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Austin Rivers is like the 12th best player of next year's draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Given this listing, wouldn't that make it perfect for the C's to do it?
They get the Clippers pick in 2012. If Austin Rivers is on the board, and Allen is gone, and they need a new backup PG/SG, and the coach is still Doc Rivers, and he's available...yeah.

I'm telling you guys, Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers in 2012 for secret Celtics retooling extravaganza.

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

for one last go-around with the extended window, and then Rondo/Rivers/Howard will be the "future".

JaMarco

captmcblack said:

They get the Clippers pick in 2012. If Austin Rivers is on the board, and Allen is gone, and they need a new backup PG/SG, and the coach is still Doc Rivers, and he's available...yeah.

I'm telling you guys, Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers in 2012 for secret Celtics retooling extravaganza.

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

for one last go-around with the extended window, and then Rondo/Rivers/Howard will be the "future".
Well I certainly hope so.

captmcblack said:

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

On what planet will the Celtics have cap room to sign Dwight when Pierce, KG and Rondo are still under contract? They make a ton of money, and I doubt Boston has any assets to do a sign and trade.

Blackace

Speaking of 2nd gen players.. when is the other Curry coming to the league?

dream

Ninja Scooter said:
On what planet will the Celtics have cap room to sign Dwight when Pierce, KG and Rondo are still under contract? They make a ton of money, and I doubt Boston has any assets to do a sign and trade.

Dwight will take less money to play for Boston. Duh.

diddles

Banned
50% vs 36% shooting, and orlando is only down 5. that's how amazingly bad the hawks are. they should make themselves a trophy and rings for this series and then just forfeit round 2.

Blackface

Banned
captmcblack said:

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

Outside of it being impossible with the cap, espacially under the new CBA, this would never happen. The chances of them getting the first overall, and landing Dwight, and paying off the NBA to ignore the cap is about 1 in 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

captmcblack said:

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

Ray Allen had one of his best years this year. He may be 35 but I can definitelysee him going another 2-3 years.

TheFatOne

captmcblack said:

Rondo
Rivers
Pierce
Garnett
Howard

I like the way you think sir.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Blackface said:
Outside of it being impossible with the cap, espacially under the new CBA, this would never happen. The chances of them getting the first overall, and landing Dwight, and paying off the NBA to ignore the cap is about 1 in 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I like those odds, Stern => lol@Ratio

Blackace

don't even know why you guys are seriously responding to him.. he just had some odd fantasy of the Rivers playing/coaching together..

Blackace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn craig sager is a pimp. only he can get away with wearing those suits

pimp isn't the word I first think of when seeing Cgaig Sager..

dream

LovingSteam said:
Ray Allen had one of his best years this year. He may be 35 but I can definitelysee him going another 2-3 years.

Ray might not want to stay in Boston though. He already took a paycut this year and with his age, plus the high level he's playing at, I don't think I'd be mad if he wanted to get what's worth before his career winds down.

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:

When you're a Knicks fan, the idea of "cap space" doesn't exist.

CP3
Ray Allen
Melo
Stat
Howard

2013. Believe.

NomarTyme

dream said:
Ray might not want to stay in Boston though. He already took a paycut this year and with his age, plus the high level he's playing at, I don't think I'd be mad if he wanted to get what's worth before his career winds down.
I can see him playing for pop...

dream said:
I'd like to see him get to 3000 3-pointers but don't see it happening. He's about 390 away right now. He'd have to play 3 more years and avg 130 3s a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom