• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That's why I don't follow stats, I follow games.

Maybe they give LeBron points for actually hitting the rim at the buzzer.

Nope, the numbers say he is better then Kobe.

I agree though, numbers don't show the entire story.

But don't tell that to Black Mamba. He only looks at numbers that benefit his argument.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The Crimson Blur said:
I can't think of one thing Lebron is better at than Rose.

In basketball or otherwise.

Okay, this is just ridiculous even for GAF.

Puddles

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Bron shouldn't win MVP because he's the fifth or sixth most deserving player and not even the most deserving on his team.

Fixed. Is there serious talk about giving Bron the MVP? I mean not just from Heat fans, but from real NBA people?

LeBron couldn't even get a layup with Noah on him to finish that one game.

Yeah, Noah can move for a big guy but that is seen as a "mismatch" on a switch and he didn't even hit the rim.

I bet Rose could have at least hit the rim at the end of a game one on one with LeBron on him.

LeBron is a physical beast of a player that can get streaky from the outside and dominate games but I have never seen him truly close out games, maybe I missed it but I'd rather have Wade attempt to do that than LeBron.

Blackface

Banned
Ickman3400 said:
Lebron's a better rebounder, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Rose cant score like Lebron even when Lebron is sharing the ball with Wade and Bosh. Rose is a PG that cant even pass as well as Lebron, and his defense is worse

please stop, please

Pkaz01

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
LeBron is a physical beast of a player that can get streaky from the outside and dominate games but I have never seen him truly close out games, maybe I missed it but I'd rather have Wade attempt to do that than LeBron.
But wheres the comedy in that?

Srsly

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
LeBron couldn't even get a layup with Noah on him to finish that one game.

Yeah, Noah can move for a big guy but that is seen as a "mismatch" on a switch and he didn't even hit the rim.

I bet Rose could have at least hit the rim at the end of a game one on one with LeBron on him.

Anyone using a single play as an argument for anything is a goddamned moron.

Omiee

Srsly said:
Anyone using a single play as an argument for anything is a goddamned moron.

why call somebody a moron? Also its not just one play, go watch some of the replays he missed most of his 3 pointers or drive to the baskets when trying to close out a game.

Cloudy

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Dude you need to relax. Way too bitter.

I'm just keeping it real, guy. I was railing against Wade back then and the D-Rose ref treatment is getting even more absurd. Only in the NBA are non-shooters rewarded for throwing themselves into bigs at the rim

Puddles

Banned
So Kobe's apologized three times now for calling that ref a baguette, including once on a morning show, and the Lakers are teaming up with GLAAD?

Talk about fucking overkill, Jesus Christ. I fucking hate our media so much.

SoulPlaya said:
ESPN needs to stop with these Rose/Jordan comparisons.

Many similarities though and it's inevitable anyway from media, you know how it works.

Both have that killer instinct when the game is on the line.

Rose has years to go to even be able to be talked about in the same sentence as Jordan but for a young guy, the guy is a closer and enjoys his work in those instances.

Omiee

Puddles said:
So Kobe's apologized three times now for calling that ref a baguette, including once on a morning show, and the Lakers are teaming up with GLAAD?

Talk about fucking overkill, Jesus Christ. I fucking hate our media so much.

i guess you did not see that kobe thread than.

I will avoid the usual bickering and just say that I am enjoying the game. But it's the same way we play all the time, we came out asleep, went into a hole and then explode. I have seen this game a ton of times this season. I already want the second round.

Puddles

Banned
Omiee said:
i guess you did not see that kobe thread than.

It's like the My Little Pony thread: when I see how many pages have been written about such a mundane subject, I back away in disbelief.

Also, Rose is vastly superior to Lebron.

Blackface

Banned
Puddles said:
It's like the My Little Pony thread: when I see how many pages have been written about such a mundane subject, I back away in disbelief.

Also, Rose is vastly superior to Lebron.

I can't believe idiots like you actually think Rose is better.

He has scored less point but taken MORE shots

Lebron 26.7 - 7.5 - 7, 52% FG, 33% 3pt, 1.6 SPG

Rose 25 - 7.7 - 4, 44% FG, 33% 3pt, 1 SPG,

Lebron is a better player. He scored less points and took less shots. He has a better FG percentage. He almost averages as many APG and is not even a PG. He averages more rebounds and more steals. They are even on blocks.

Lebron is better then Rose is. period. There is a definite argument for Rose winning MVP, but NO argument for him being better then Lebron. He isn't.

Seda said:
They shot really well today. As a Bulls fan, I am scared.

lol Seda lol

Of course the series isn't over but to me, the Pacers overachieved and still lost.

That was their game to get, I'm not sure they will have any other chances like that until possibly at Indiana.

Puddles

Banned
Blackface said:

Lebron is a better player. He scored less points and took less shots. He has a better FG percentage. He almost averages as many APG and is not even a PG. He averages more rebounds and more steals. They are even on blocks.

Lebron is better then Rose is. period. There is a definite argument for Rose winning MVP, but NO argument for him being better then Lebron. He isn't.

Empty stats. Rose does more to win games, which was pretty obvious this season.

Wade won most of the close games for Miami while Lebron put up big stats in blowouts against bad teams.

Blackface said:

You can qualify all those numbers such as Rose constantly taking three-quarters-court shots leading to missed field goals, getting fouled, taking tougher shots as he's smaller, etc...

I'm not saying who is better but I will say one thing: a minute left in the game, I want Rose on my team, not LeBron.

Rose does more with less.

LeBron should be closing out games, hitting game winners, etc... if he is THE MAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom