• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

f3f62fbb923b69ae5e99b2d20786274b-getty-112194267jd019_indiana_pace.jpg

PBY

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You can qualify all those numbers such as Rose constantly taking three-quarters-court shots leading to missed field goals, getting fouled, taking tougher shots as he's smaller, etc...

I'm not saying who is better but I will say one thing: a minute left in the game, I want Rose on my team, not LeBron.

Rose does more with less.

LeBron should be closing out games, hitting game winners, etc... if he is THE MAN.
perception vs reality. Peyton Manning couldn't win a playoff game- until he fucking won one.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That was their game to get, I'm not sure they will have any other chances like that until possibly at Indiana.

I dunno. Pacers definitely played well out of our weaknesses. They shot very well with Hansbrough continually made us pay for not putting a body on him. I don't think this game was very different than the overtime loss to them and Thibs only learned enough to squeak out a win for this game.

snack said:

That was a pretty scary sight seeing him falling down in the hallway. He got shook up pretty bad.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'm not saying who is better but I will say one thing: a minute left in the game, I want Rose on my team, not LeBron.
With a minute left in the game, id want Manu... it doesn't mean he is better than Lebron.

Blackface

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You can qualify all those numbers such as Rose constantly taking three-quarters-court shots leading to missed field goals, getting fouled, taking tougher shots as he's smaller, etc...

Rose does more with less.

LeBron should be closing out games, hitting game winners, etc... if he is THE MAN.

Where does this Rose does more with less argument come from.

THE BULLS HAVE A BETTER TEAM. Almost 70 percent of Miamis offense comes from 3 players, and they have the worst bench in the NBA. Ranked, literally, dead last.

Rose has the better team.

Grimm Fandango said:
I dunno. Pacers definitely played well out of our weaknesses. They shot very well with Hansbrough continually made us pay for not putting a body on him. I don't think this game was very different than the overtime loss to them

But that game was in Indiana, the other games this year I don't believe were that competitive.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Many similarities though and it's inevitable anyway from media, you know how it works.

Both have that killer instinct when the game is on the line.

Rose has years to go to even be able to be talked about in the same sentence as Jordan but for a young guy, the guy is a closer and enjoys his work in those instances.
I don't know, it seems like too simple and early of a comparison, especially if it's just based off of "killer instinct".

Blackface said:

THE BULLS HAVE A BETTER TEAM. Almost 70 percent of Miamis offense comes from 3 players, and they have the worst bench in the NBA. Ranked, literally, dead last.

So basically what you are saying is that Rose is a worse passer though Lebron doesn't make his teammates better.

Makes a ton of sense.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I honestly feel like no team will stop the Heat in the next 5 years, unless Dwight ended up on a team like CHI, NYK or OKC.

I hate to say it, but it's just my read on having Wade and Bron. It won't take much of a roster upgrade to make them upstoppable.

Is it possible to pull off Bosh for Dwight, straight up?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Blackface said:

Did you just say that Rose has a better supporting cast than LeBron, or am I reading this wrong?

Blackface

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:
So basically what you are saying is that Rose is a worse passer though Lebron doesn't make his teammates better.

Makes a ton of sense.

We already know he makes his team better. Did you forget the entire time he played for the Cav's? A team who won many more games then even the Bulls did?

dIEHARD said:
With a minute left in the game, id want Manu... it doesn't mean he is better than Lebron.

Convenient that Manu is better though.

Blackface said:
We already know he makes his team better. Did you forget the entire time he played for the Cav's? A team who won many more games then even the Bulls did?

Central Division.

The Cavs were never a good team. Lebron bogs down the offense.

lil smoke

Banned
Blackface said:

I was almost with you... but the heat have far more versatile talent down the line. Bulls do have a nice coach though. They play excellent D.

Blackface said:

I didn't mean who he has on his team, I meant Rose individually does more with less as he is small.

Fast as fuck but so is LeBron according to everyone and Rose closed out all the games this year, most with great success, easily more than LeBron.

Sometimes LeBron puts up staggering stats in the first half but isn't there at the end.

K.Jack said:
I honestly feel like no team will stop the Heat in the next 5 years, unless Dwight ended up on a team like CHI, NYK or OKC.

I hate to say it, but it's just my read on having Wade and Bron. It won't take much of a roster upgrade to make them upstoppable.

Is it possible to pull off Bosh for Dwight, straight up?

What the fuck is this

Blackface

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I didn't mean who he has on his team, I meant Rose individually does more with less as he is small.

Fast as fuck but so is LeBron according to everyone and Rose closed out all the games this year, most with great success, easily more than LeBron.

Sometimes LeBron puts up staggering stats in the first half but isn't there at the end.

As I said before, all the numbers indicate Lebron is one of the best late game closers in the last 20 years. Better then even Kobe.

Numbers don't tell the entire story, but they defiantly help.

SoulPlaya said:
Did you just say that Rose has a better supporting cast than LeBron, or am I reading this wrong?

It's all at the convenience of your argument.

Many thought the Heat were DANGEROUS even with only those 3(like it wasn't even fair).

Much more dangerous than the Bulls roster but all of a sudden, LeBron has no one because it suits the person's(or peoples') particular angle.

Blackface

Banned
Darkman M said:
Blackface is the same guy that swore Bosh was the best Pf in the game, don't know why you guys are even bothering.

lol @ you acting like Lebron being better then Rose is not even an argument.

NBAGAF is so funny sometimes with their blind hate

The Crimson Blur said:
Convenient that Manu is better though.

Central Division.

The Cavs were never a good team. Lebron bogs down the offense.

Am I missing something cause I don't see an amazing offense from the bulls. What is Rose doing offensively that lebron didn't do in the cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom