• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

dIEHARD said:
With a minute left in the game, id want Manu... it doesn't mean he is better than Lebron.
Eh, the corrct answer is Melo. No other player is as clutch as Carmello Anthony.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Red Blaster said:
What the fuck is this
It's my opinion bro. The Celts are on the verge of old and done. The Lakers have little time left.

Who's left to stop them? OKC and CHI. I like the Heat's chances against them.

Blackface

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Rose has no 2-guard, a defensively blind PF, who is constantly injured, and a skinny (relatively) center, who is always injured.

Every single stat indicates that the Bulls have a deeper and better all around team.

Although the top 3 on the Heat are better then the top 3 on the Bulls (offensivly), the rest of the Bulls team is better then the Heats.

The Heat also have the last ranked bench in the NBA. Worse then the Raptors, Wolves etc..

Bread

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Rose has no 2-guard, a defensively blind PF, who is constantly injured, and a skinny (relatively) center, who is always injured.
Lebron with Deng/Boozer/Noah and Korver/Asik/Gibson on the bench is much much much better than Lebron with Wade/Bosh+scrubs.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'm confused as I watch games, don't pop boners over advanced raw stats.
Of course you don't, how could someone touting Rose as so great pop any boner over his advanced stats?

giri

Blackface said:
lol @ you acting like Lebron being better then Rose is not even an argument.

NBAGAF is so funny sometimes with their blind hate
Atleast we're not blind for bosh's jizz in our eyes.

Did Mark Jackson just call Jrue Holiday a small PG?

... I'm turning it off now. Between mindless Blackface arguments and inane comments by Jackson I can't take this.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
It's all at the convenience of your argument.

Many thought the Heat were DANGEROUS even with only those 3(like it wasn't even fair).

Much more dangerous than the Bulls roster but all of a sudden, LeBron has no one because it suits the person's(or peoples') particular angle.
It's honestly amazing.

linsivvi

BeautifulMemory said:
Hey, you are welcome. You got anything else to say?

jbO6n.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bread said:
Lebron with Deng/Boozer/Noah and Korver/Asik/Gibson on the bench is much much much better than Lebron with Wade/Bosh+scrubs.
Boozer and Noah weren't there for more than 50 games. Asik was garbage at the beginning of the season, and he only played 3 minutes today.

Bread

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Boozer and Noah weren't there for more than 50 games. Asik was garbage at the beginning of the season, and he only played 3 minutes today.
Yup and it's still a better supporting cast.

PBY

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe LeBron was clutch in the past but he sure wasn't in the present(this year).
He totally just lost it. Yep.

Thats why arguing intangibles sucks.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe LeBron was clutch in the past but he sure wasn't in the present(this year).
Oh god, you don't even know the correct response to the orlando game winner?

The bigger question is, did the cavs get past the magic? No? oh, well, i'm sure LBJ's buzzer beater counted for a lot...

Bread

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
So, what you're saying is that Rose and Boozer and Noah (who aren't there for 50 games) are better than James/Wade/Bosh?
...what? Stop putting words in my mouth please. You're conveniently ignoring Deng (who had a break out season), Asik, Gibson, and the others who filled their roles perfectly.

Blackface

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
So, what you're saying is that Rose and Boozer and Noah (who aren't there for 50 games) are better than James/Wade/Bosh?

There is more then 3 players on a team.

That said, NBAGAF has stated the following this year

Boozer > Bosh

Rose > Lebron

You can't compare Noah and Wade. But since Rose is better then Lebron, he is clearly better then Wade.

The arguments don't every add up. You can't say they suck one minute, then say they are the best the next just to bolster an argument.

Miami's big three ARE better then the top 3 on the Bulls. But literally EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER on the bulls is better then the equivalent on the Heat.

diehard

Fleer
Somehow i feel i will be saying "i told you so" to Bulls fans later in these playoffs, like i was to Boston fans last season.

MikeTyson

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Everyone thinks they will beat Dallas at least.

I'm not so sure but that series will be one to watch.

LaMarcus Aldridge has bullied Pau Gasol - Gerald Wallace punished Ron Artest and is the X-factor so to speak PDX finally needed - and.. and.. Roy, Batum, Rudy Fernandez off the bench?! - couldn't picture it if Greg Oden was healthy.

J2 Cool

Damn, his game is so boring, that the Rose discussion has just carried over. The only notable thing about this game so far, is how much I can't stand Mark Jackson.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bread said:
...what? Stop putting words in my mouth please. You're conveniently ignoring Deng (who had a break out season), Asik, Gibson, and the others who filled their roles perfectly.
OK, add in Deng. All I'm saying is that those players that you identified on the Bulls as being the most important (Rose/Noah/Boozer), two of them didn't play for more than fifty games in a eighty two game season. Yes, the Chicago bench is better than the Miami bench, but I think you're undervaluing the contribution of Wade and Bosh (and when did Mike Miller and Bibby become just a bunch of worthless scrubs?)

giri

overcast said:
...? naw man. nawwwww.
Good - v.good wings are easier to find than truely great PF's/C's. Blake right now has so much potential it's insane. Ask me again in 2 years if he hasn't developed a elbow jumper.

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
How about at the very end of games???

Somebody post the buzzer beaters of LeBron this season, he was EN FUEGO.

The first 47:59 of the game don't count. Rose stans :lol

Dwyane fucking Wade: Finals MVP, 7 time all-star, top 5 player in the world, 26-7-5 last season
Chris Bosh: 6 time all-star, averaged 24-11 last season
Udonis Haslem: all-world role player, 10-10 every night, great hustle, great rebounder
Zydrugas Ilgauskas: another amazing role player, great at defending big players, very long. Consistent and experienced.
Mike Miller: career 40% 3 pt shooter, 48% last season. Knocks down big shots.
Mike Bibby: experienced PG who knows how to run a team
James Jones: another 40% 3 pt shooter

STILL NOT ENOUGH

Lebron James can never win a ring. Any half decent scrub could win with the absurd supporting cast he has. You normally only see this type of roster in a video game.

SoulPlaya said:
OK, add in Deng. All I'm saying is that those players that you identified on the Bulls as being the most important (Rose/Noah/Boozer), two of them didn't play for more than fifty games in a eighty two game season. Yes, the Chicago bench is better than the Miami bench, but I think you're undervaluing the contribution of Wade and Bosh (and when did Mike Miller and Bibby become just a bunch of worthless scrubs?)

Miller since always, Bibby since 2008.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Blackface said:
There is more then 3 players on a team.

That said, NBAGAF has stated the following this year

Boozer > Bosh

Rose > Lebron

You can't compare Noah and Wade. But since Rose is better then Lebron, he is clearly better then Wade.

The arguments don't every add up. You can't say they suck one minute, then say they are the best the next just to bolster an argument.

Miami's big three ARE better then the top 3 on the Bulls. But literally EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER on the bulls is better then the equivalent on the Heat.
Boozer better than Bosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom