• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Not gonna lie, I am embarrassed for you right now.

edit: for the Laker guy, not for the winning Anaheim fan.

Puddles

Banned
Goddamn, the Sixers got jobbed so hard in that game.

If the officiating was even close to fair, they would have won handily.

The Stealth Fox

Blackace said:
GP daggered his team too..

Freaking him and Hersey Hawkins made for a very depressing childhood. Oh well, still got two championships and got to watch the best center to ever play (Hakeem)...

And Houston shat on the Jazz on the way to their titles anyway, so I guess it's all good.

One of the reasons Payton was better was that he was a LEGIT defender and didn't thug up people like John Stockton. He was just a loudmouth.

Bishman

tumblr_ljs3selwFz1qi0ij1o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ljs4kbqeJq1qi0ij1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ljs5ncCliY1qi0ij1

dream said:
The fuck, is that really a GAF guide to meeting girls?

It's a thread for lulz. I never knew that shit was that hard for some people.

Diff question, so out that Shaq is out forever, have you hired a hitman for Ainge yet?

exarkun

My boy just started this argument with me about how traditional roles have reversed and how techies love Apple now with regular people go with windows. This is brought on by him trying to qualify his near 2k purchase for his new apply laptop. I almost vomited when I heard the price, and I'm pretty close to slapping him.

Should I just tell him Gaf already settled this? Just to tickle his fancy, I've been telling him the audio from his laptop is the best I've ever heard in my life and I think he's starting to catch on...

exarkun said:
My boy just started this argument with me about how traditional roles have reversed and how techies love Apple now with regular people go with windows. This is brought on by him trying to qualify his near 2k purchase for his new apply laptop. I almost vomited when I heard the price, and I'm pretty close to slapping him.

Should I just tell him Gaf already settled this? Just to tickle his fancy, I've been telling him the audio from his laptop is the best I've ever heard in my life and I think he's starting to catch on...

Show him what kind of PC he could get for that price.

The sound from iTunes is good on computers, but the speakers I've heard on Apple laptops are lulz at best.

Shaq will be fine for the second round.

Seven stages, right?

dream

It was a good trade for the future of the franchise, relief minutes for Pierce, Troy Murphy, won 500 games earlier in the year without Shaq or Perk, etc.

Cloudy

Banned
Duki said:
you know what ive never understood

how does getting older make you crappier at shooting the ball

like fisher can be open as fuck with his feet set and these days itll clang every time

whats up with that

It doesn't. Fisher is still a good shooter but he inexplicably tries to do stuff he could barely do when he was younger (driving to the hoop and creating his own shot off the dribble). If he just waited for open shots, he wouldn't be sub-40% on his FGs for the 2nd straight year >_<

numble

Duki said:
you know what ive never understood

how does getting older make you crappier at shooting the ball

like fisher can be open as fuck with his feet set and these days itll clang every time

whats up with that
Fisher is shooting 1.2% under his career average. He is shooting 4.3% better than his first championship year in 2000. He is shooting 2.2-2.3% under his average for the last 2 years of the threepeat in 2001-2002.

_woLf

Nate McMillan rarely complains about officiating and this even had him infuriated.

19-2 FT shooting in the 4th is unheard of...thank goodness this is a best of 7.

Blazer players were fouled for the stupidest shit (some Mavs players were too) that they didn't even know what to do without getting fouled. Le sigh. I won't say that the Blazers didn't help throw this one away, but the sure as hell had some help.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
exarkun said:

I've done both. Built my own gaming PCs from the ground up by myself and purchased Apple products. My work laptop is a fully loaded Core i7 Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM. My home PC is a 2007 Mac Pro. My HTPC is a custom built solution by me. And of course, I've purchased various off-the-shelf PCs, too.

Best way to explain it is the difference between buying a Subaru WRX STi versus purchasing an Audi S4, which is double the price. Both will get you great performance and the STi is probably even better. But combine the design, style, build materials and, yes, badge matters, and you got two different products.

Are there merits to purchasing both? Yeah, I think so. The inclusion of Mac OSX is worth it alone, in my opinion. At the end of the day though, it's your friends money. If he can afford it, he can afford it.

Bishman

_woLf said:
Nate McMillan rarely complains about officiating and this even had him infuriated.

19-2 FT shooting in the 4th is unheard of...thank goodness this is a best of 7.

Blazer players were fouled for the stupidest shit (some Mavs players were too) that they didn't even know what to do without getting fouled. Le sigh. I won't say that the Blazers didn't help throw this one away, but the sure as hell had some help.
The Blazers were playing rough. What do you expect? Dirk was getting fouled in the 1st half and no calls were called.

reilo said:
I've done both. Built my own gaming PCs from the ground up by myself and purchased Apple products. My work laptop is a fully loaded Core i7 Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM. My home PC is a 2007 Mac Pro. My HTPC is a custom built solution by me. And of course, I've purchased various off-the-shelf PCs, too.

Best way to explain it is the difference between buying a Subaru WRX STi versus purchasing an Audi S4, which is double the price. Both will get you great performance and the STi is probably even better. But combine the design, style, build materials and, yes, badge matters, and you got two different products.

Are there merits to purchasing both? Yeah, I think so. The inclusion of Mac OSX is worth it alone, in my opinion. At the end of the day though, it's your friends money. If he can afford it, he can afford it.

Windows is for soccer moms who don't know any better.

posted from my 4+ year old MacBook that I carried up mountains and around the world and is still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom