• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

The Crimson Blur said:
No but Dallas doesn't even drive. They just get FTs randomly.

Dirk shoots jumpers with no one around him and goes to the line. It makes no sense.

in the 4th quarter, dirk started driving

linsivvi

ryutaro's mama said:
Hey Stealth, why are you in 100% troll mode these days?

There used to be a time when you would talk shop here.

Didn't your little brother steal your account while the REAL Stealth Fox was away at residency?

Don't worry. He'll be back to normal when Yao plays again. Maybe they will take T-Mac back too.

KingGondo said:
I hate when LeBron talks about "Miami Heat Basketball" as if they have some amazing tradition and prolonged history of a particular style of play.

I hate when he says, "my guys" even in reference to Wade and Bosh.

He should start talking in the 3rd person and drive it all home:

1o2kno.jpg

"LeBron James needs to demand more of his guys to get back them to playing Miami Heat Basketball. LeBron James knows they can do better and they will get better."

Jeff-DSA

So when can the Jazz get a superstar?

Dirk: 13-13 FTs
Portland: 9-13 FTs

Rose: 19-21 FTs
Indiana: 11-17 FTs

Lebron: 13-14 FTs
Philadelphia: 12-15 FTs

Seems easy when one player can surpass an entire team's effort from the foul line.

Kevtones

Dirk drove twice and was fouled once on those drives. He also had a sideways dribble that was benefitted by a whistle that caused two Blazers to stop and let Dirk shoot and uncontested 6 footer for 3 points, effectively.

He made the shots, I give him that.

19-1 FTA advantage for the Mavs in the fourth. Yup.

see what had happened was

I hate when LeBron talks about "Miami Heat Basketball" as if they have some amazing tradition and prolonged history of a particular style of play.

I don't hate him, just think he's a douche who shrinks away from the moment like a 1st grader runs away from girls.

They won't lose to the Sixers, but Celts/Bulls will take them out, then he can go home and watch the Finals like he normally does.

"LeBron James needs to demand more of his guys to get back them to playing Miami Heat Basketball. LeBron James knows they can do better and they will get better."

It'll change once he's giving his exit interview about how he's only had 8 bad games in his career, and how he's a competitor, and that's why he couldn't shake D-Rose/KG's hand afterwards.

overcast

I enjoyed that Blazers/Mavericks game. LMA played lights out. Too bad Wallace didn't really show up. I still think blazers can pull off the upset.

punkypine

Jeff-DSA said:

Seems easy when one player can surpass an entire team's effort from the foul line.
DeronWilliamsCut-Out.jpg

I'm a huge Mavs hater because I grew up watching the Mavs(I'm a fan too). I'm really surprised that they won, but JKidd had a huge game, but that probably won't happen again. Let's see how the next game goes, and that will determine how this series goes probably.

Dirk should of got more FT's earlier in the game though, that fool was getting smacked around that. The type of hits he was getting would of gave Rose/James/Bosh/Wade a FT in a fucking second, but not Dirk cause Stern hates the Mavs.

Jeff-DSA said:

1232080641.jpg

Just a couple years from now...Then again, LMA is a superstar in game, but doesn't get a ton of superstar calls.

Kevtones

overcast said:
I enjoyed that Blazers/Mavericks game. LMA played lights out. Too bad Wallace didn't really show up. I still think blazers can pull off the upset.

I think Wallace played well for the most part but he got soft every time he tried to do a layup and got elbowed in the trachea.

Branduil

Well all we have to do to win this series is shoot a million free throws with Kidd averaging 20 points a game. I'm sure we'll be able to do that.

Portland took 40 shots within 9 feet, 23 of those at the rim (made 15).

Dallas took 23 shots within 9 feet, 12 of those at the rim (made 4).

Wallace and Aldridge had a combined 16 shots at the rim and got 4 combined FTs.

Interesting numbers.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bishman said:
Oh please. Did you not see the Bulls or Miami game?! Rose went to the free throw line more than the entire Pacers team. And don't get me started on D. Wade.
So did Dirk... in the fourth quarter he shot one less freethrow than Portland did the entire game.

Oh yeah, Blur.

With Manu out tomorrow, your boy Hill has a golden opportunity to shine tomorrow, which he would, if Shane Battier and Tony Allen weren't gonna be playing in the game.

I wanna see the MVP prove me wrong.

With Gay out, it makes Game 1 the most evenly match game of the series since Manu will be back for Game 2, no matter what methinks.

dream

Viakado's defense is totally collapsing. This is getting sad to watch.

edit: actually wtf I'm watching two dudes play 2k11. That's just sad in general.

MVP shoots 25% but still gets almost 30 and shits on the Blazers in the 4th. Mavs winning this thing in 6.

lol @ TCB with a Ginobli avatar talking about contact and free throws.

overcast

I Push Fat Kids said:
I think Wallace played well for the most part but he got soft every time he tried to do a layup and got elbowed in the trachea.
Just seemed like every time he had the ball on offense he would miss a layup which killed momentum. What happened to Brandon Roy? I know he has fucked up knees, but apparently he just can't score.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
Portland players refusing to talk to the media tonight. They maaaaaaaaaaaad.

Missed Nate's conference, heard he was real pissed.
I just watched Batum, Camby, and Andre talk to the media right now.

Nate hammered the freethrow disparity down pretty well. Playing the game he needs to play. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about freethrow disparity before, but he understands what's on the line.

Carlisle: "Some pretty good shots were missed..."

Uhuh.

ryutaro's mama said:
Oh yeah, Blur.

With Manu out tomorrow, your boy Hill has a golden opportunity to shine tomorrow, which he would, if Shane Battier and Tony Allen weren't gonna be playing in the game.

I wanna see the MVP prove me wrong.

With Gay out, it makes Game 1 the most evenly match game of the series since Manu will be back for Game 2, no matter what methinks.

I'm just hoping and praying man. I know our chance at a title is slim because of this injury.

I'm in "wait and see" mode. No more worrying.

Kevtones

overcast said:
Just seemed like every time he had the ball on offense he would miss a layup which killed momentum. What happened to Brandon Roy? I know he has fucked up knees, but apparently he just can't score.

He just lacks confidence now and his role (if he has one) is just not working. He needs to play less, and if Matthews is still alive, he needs to jump in.

I don't think Wallace was just missing layups. He didn't finish a couple times (and a force that equated to a o-foul) but there were a lot of non-calls on point blank shots that had all sorts of contact.

The Stealth Fox

ryutaro's mama said:
Hey Stealth, why are you in 100% troll mode these days?

There used to be a time when you would talk shop here.

Didn't your little brother steal your account while the REAL Stealth Fox was away at residency?

This is no place for shop, son. The NBA sucks, I'm trying to make watching it more bearable by finding something to make fun of.

reilo said:
I just watched Batum, Camby, and Andre talk to the media right now.

Nate hammered the freethrow disparity down pretty well. Playing the game he needs to play. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about freethrow disparity before, but he understands what's on the line.

Carlisle: "Some pretty good shots were missed..."

Uhuh.

Well, maybe they meant the podium media, but willing to talk from the locker room?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Crimson Blur said:
I'm just hoping and praying man. I know our chance at a title is slim because of this injury.

I'm in "wait and see" mode. No more worrying.
Getting the excuses ready, huh? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom