• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Rose would have hit the shot Kobe missed.

He doesn't hit many at times but when he does, he prefers them to be with the game on the line.
Rose woulda got fouled and missed the free throw.

Hmm why has Durant been missing so many FTs. He missed two tonight.

Watching Westbrook play I realize just how many more games the Thunder could have won during the season if it wasn't for him. He has godlike speed but man, I'd rather have nash or something.

dIEHARD said:
Rose woulda got fouled and missed the free throw.

Like he did against the Pacers(later in the season) when he singlehandedly brought them back in the game they had no business winning???

Dude might be struggling shooting but not at the line(inbeforeallthepracticeetc).

dream

In Rose's defense (and this is rare for me these days), he's been making his FTs ever since he choked that game tying FT against the Clips.

dream

And, fuck, not to turn into snack or anything but I see the point TGMP is trying to make. Rose does tend to deliver in crunch time.

dude sucks for the other 45 minutes though

Black Mamba said:
this is partially Durant's fault too, though. He's still kind of weak and Battier has denied him his spots.

OKC needs to find ways to get more looks for Durant in general. some of it is WB but some is on KD and the coach, too.

That said, WB taking 20 shots is too much regardless of how many KD takes.

Well put. I just don't like the idea of the PG taking so many shots. I wish he would spread out like 10 of those shots he takes to Harden, Ibaka, and who ever else he's in the game with.

jjasper

KingGondo said:
Yeah... It's a conundrum because there are probably at least 20 teams in the league who would pay Russ the max no questions asked. He deserves it at times and I'm glad he's on our team, but he makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes.

If there are 20 teams in the league that would pay max for Westbrook there needs to be 20 new GMs.

THRILLH0

Banned
gray_fox224 said:
Rose comments about his mom...MAN! New found respect for the guy. Who is with me on this?

Rose has always been humble. I know his MVP comments before the season put some people off but I thought it came across as genuine rather than arrogant.

He gotta pick his shit up tomorrow to validate that trophy though!

AShep said:
Rose has always been humble. I know his MVP comments before the season put some people off but I thought it came across as genuine rather than arrogant.

For me, he just said that to drive himself to get that much better and he succeeded.

I expect a huge game for him tomorrow night and could care less if he shoots anywhere near 50%.

masud

Banned
masud said:
Heat in 4 maybe 5.

lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

Feel my pain Celtic-age...

gray_fox224 said:
Rose comments about his mom...MAN! New found respect for the guy. Who is with me on this?
Yeah he showed what appeared to be an emotion. This is a huge breakthrough in artificial intelligence.

dream

TGMP, since you're here, can you tell AShep I actually like Rose and the Bulls more than he thinks I do?

dream said:
TGMP, since you're here, can you tell AShep I actually like Rose and the Bulls more than he thinks I do?

No, in fact AShep, dream slams Rose and the Bulls around the clock and never gives it up except for when he has to go poo and then he compares THAT to Rose's jumper.

(read: dream told you himself, I don't have to)

Even when dream takes shots at the Bulls, it's so cute and playful bordering on extreme friendliness.

punkypine

SephCast said:
http://deadspin.com/#!5798286/derrick-rose-nba-mvp-thanks-his-mother-and-warms-our-frigid-hearts

Don't think there's a more likeable person in the NBA. Many may hate his game, but it's just not possible to hate the man.
I don't have a problem with him, but i dont think he's the most likeable person in the game. He has no personality. As far as everyone outside of chicago is concerned, he's just a good basketball player... not likeable or unlikeable. That is literally the first "interesting" thing I've ever seen him involved with

Now if only he could shoot...

ryutaro's mama said:
The Czzz look fucking mentally broken in these pressers after the game.

They look defeated. Not sure where to turn to.

They should win game 3. Game 4 will be key. I still think this Boston had to get a split in miami to win it. But it would be very interesting to see how the heat respond coming home 2-2. I just don't see it happening right now.

WTF was the chipmunk noise?

dream

Shaq's confirmed for game 3.

My problem with the Celtics is I'm not hearing the right things from anyone on the team. They're acting like a team who doesn't know why they're losing and have no answers for the Heat.

Black Mamba said:
WTF was the chipmunk noise?

snack and AShep slurping away.

masud

Banned
With the way the C's are playing right now (like absolute shit) I don't see how they can win both of the next two games.

Has a team ever won a 7 game series without hca and without splitting the first two games?

Fun fact for those of you that love analyzing Heat crowds, four seats next to me remained empty until 20 seconds left in the 1st quarter.

punkypine

i wonder what happened to pierce? Allen has been streaky these past few years and Garnett barely has knees, so it's not surprising to see them sometimes struggle. But Peirce's (annoying) game is usually consistently effective. If nothing else, he does a couple of the slowest pump fakes I've ever seen but everyone still jumps and he gets to the line. Haven't seen any of that in the first 2 games

ryutaro's mama said:
The Czzz look fucking mentally broken in these pressers after the game.

I thought the strangest thing about tonight's game is that they went down without a fight, literally. Something seemed off about them. I'll wait till game 3 though. If they win that, suddenly the mojo will be back.

punkypine

MiamiWesker said:
Fun fact for those of you that love analyzing Heat crowds, four seats next to me remained empty until 20 seconds left in the 1st quarter.
i think we can all agree that the place is sold out, and most people eventually show up

doesn't mean its not a dead crowd. You have lebron and wade, the stadium should be a madhouse.. but the crowd always looks like it came to watch golf

ph33nix said:
I thought the strangest thing about tonight's game is that they went down without a fight, literally. Something seemed off about them. I'll wait till game 3 though. If they win that, suddenly the mojo will be back.
I don't think they have a mojo anymore. Everyone thought "it" was back against the knicks, forgetting that they were playing the knicks.

ph33nix said:

Their body language looked all kinds of wrong.

KG, Allen and Baby all looked like they had been run over by a train.

If RP36 plays on Thursday, they prolly win.

But at what cost? RP's Achilles could explode after the game.

ph33nix said:

I partially blame the coach, he doesn't have that fire for a guy that won a championship.

I know he hasn't giving up but light into their asses.

When Jeff Green was hitting threes, he seemed happy about it.

dream

I still think whatever problems the Celtics are having can be fixed by giving Wade and Lebron a few hard fouls.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I partially blame the coach, he doesn't have that fire for a guy that won a championship.

I know he hasn't giving up but light into their asses.

When Jeff Green was hitting threes, he seemed happy about it.

You gotta remember, Doc had to be talked into coming back for one last year.

Plus, losing Traitor of the Year Tom Thibodeau...well, we play GSW D at some points now.

dream said:
I still think whatever problems the Celtics are having can be fixed by giving Wade and Lebron a few hard fouls.

Thank you, Scottie Pippen.

I don't agree with tactics like that, too costly in playoff games.

The Celtics will be fine in front of the home crowd.

punkypine

dream said:
who's gonna do it? Shaq? his foot might explode if he jumps
Garnett doesnt have it in him anymore either. Perkins was the guy who could (even though i think he's become insanely over rated at this point)

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dream said:

You gotta remember, Doc had to be talked into coming back for one last year.

Plus, losing Traitor of the Year Tom Thibodeau...well, we play GSW D at some points now.

Well, in the refs eyes, you already are fouling Wade hard.

dream

punkypine said:
who's gonna do it? Shaq? his foot might explode if he jumps
Garnett doesnt have it in him anymore either. Perkins was the guy who could (even though i think he's become insanely over rated at this point)

wtf are Troy Murphy, Sasha, and Arroyo there for?

Send em in and have them break some legs.

dream said:
wtf are Troy Murphy, Sasha, and Arroyo there for?

Send em in and have them break some legs.

Damn dream.

You've gone mad...calling for goonery?

Dude, I tried to warn you that this 2 team shit would end poorly.

If you were just a Clipper fan, you'd enjoy Blake's win tomorrow and be stress free these days.

It was hilarious late in the Heat/Celtics game, the time Rondo was knocked down by the guy with the ball and the refs waited until after he fell to the ground and Doc Rivers' hands up in the air to call the obvious foul.

That will change in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom