• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
numble said:
It's not painted. But the paint is short for the key, anyway. And free throws are outside the key.
giri said:
spurs suns series 3 years ago? with shaq, they were calling lane violations on shaq all the time, the worst part was, he was hitting the ones that were getting called violations. This was during hack a shaq.
Guys, guys, I was joking.

And I meant lane violations on the non-shooters. [/explainingthebadjoke]

Everyone knows about Shaq.

Mario Chalmers said in a Q and A that his childhood crush (and still now) is stacey dash. Didn't know who that was so I looked it up and....

damn.

Blackface

Banned
ph33nix said:
It's like some of the Celtics fans in here think "They shouldn't be allowed to have foul calls" because it's like obligatory or something that you can't get fouled on consecutive trips, or it becomes "we did the same thing the other end" or some shit. Watch it again folks. Boston was consistently late on rotations and hacked and they know it too...that's what happens when Jermaine O'Soft is your center in the 4th.

And then there's guys like Sanjuro who think I complain more about the refs than anyone else. I don't think in my time here I have even hit double digit posts with ref complaints. So lol. I didn't know Celtics fans could get old and lose their memory just like their own team.

Bandwagon fans don't know how to take a loss properly. They won't be around in the next couple of seasons.

At this point, I would rather watch Miami against the sixers again. At least someone could stop Wade in that series.

Blackface said:
Bandwagon fans don't know how to take a loss properly. They won't be around in the next couple of seasons.

At this point, I would rather watch Miami against the sixers again. At least someone could stop Wade in that series.

I'm from Dallas so I have a lot of Mavs fans friends. Some know what's real. Most don't. It was just great seeing them blow up after they blew that huge lead against Portland..."OMG TYSON CHANDLER PHANTOM FOUL! THIS IS LIKE '06 AGAIN BUT REPLACE WADE WITH ROY BLAH BLAH"

I don't know, try not blowing a lead that big.

exarkun

ph33nix said:
Mario Chalmers said in a Q and A that his childhood crush (and still now) is stacey dash. Didn't know who that was so I looked it up and....

damn.

Im SMH at this shit. Are you some kind of minority pheenix? Actually, it doesn't matter because as a dude you should know when god has given us a gift. Man, now that you mentioned her I gotta look her up on the iphone cause gotdamn. There just isn't another young looking 40-ish year old sista running around. I mean, damn.

I feel most of nba-gaf would do terrible things to be with her. Or maybe thats just me. Like Delonte West type ish.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Pretty sick redeye cover in chicago today:

222531_10100566428918720_1909144_63746055_3311607_n.jpg

TheFatOne

Heard this on the local sports talk radio. Thought OKC fans might gain a new found respect for Perk. I took some points from the full article which can be found here

Marc Spears Sports.Yahoo.com said:
After watching the Memphis Grizzlies batter his Oklahoma City Thunder in the opener of the teams’ second-round series, Kendrick Perkinsknew something needed to change. So he encouraged Kevin Durant to gather the team together … and watch the game again.

Durant took Perkins’ suggestion and arranged for a players-only dinner at his house on Monday night. The team dined on a Thanksgiving-worthy spread prepared by Durant’s personal chef and watched every minute of OKC’s disheartening loss to the Grizzlies. The players stopped the video at times to discuss specific breakdowns. By the end of the evening, they were in agreement on what needed to be done to improve.

“Perk did it,” Durant told Yahoo! Sports. “He wanted us to do it, and everybody listens to Perk.

“We talked about how we didn’t come out with any energy. We wanted to see it over again to see that we never wanted to play like that again. That’s the kind of feeling we had coming into this game, and it helped us.

“Guys spoke up on what other guys should have done better. We made sure that we helped each other out. That’s the biggest thing.”

Perkins thought the Thunder were too relaxed in the loss and that there was some confusion over players’ roles. Since coming from Boston, Perkins has commanded a leadership presence in the locker room, yet he also understands the Thunder belong to Durant. That’s why he thought it best for Durant to set up the players-only meeting. It took just one call from Perkins to convince Durant to do so.

A quick note this was the first players only meeting of the season according to Marc Spears. This is why I love Perk so damn much.

TheFatOne said:
Heard this on the local sports talk radio. Thought OKC fans might gain a new found respect for Perk. I took some points from the full article which can be found here

A quick note this was the first players only meeting of the season according to Marc Spears. This is why I love Perk so damn much.
Rondo's gonna be jelly when he reads that. Heat best watch out.

verbum

CherryWoodFuton said:
For all yall motherfuckers that missed this shit.......this play pretty much sums up the Heat and Celtics series so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDf5jLRuJY&feature=player_embedded

I would say the Celtics look like they are out of gas and luck. But there are two games in Boston coming up. Magical things happen in Boston. Let's see if pure athleticism can overcome the Celtic's home court advantage.

Meanwhile, I'm conceding the Bulls a win tonight with Rose playing. The Hawks may shock us but I'm figuring the Bulls will be fired up and the crowd will get into the game. Even a 30-40 point blowout by the Bulls wouldn't surprise me.

Back in Atlanta, however...

TylerD

I liked the Thunder team that showed up last night. That team could probably get a win in Memphis, which is what I hope to see in person on Saturday. Roommate and I are road tripping for some world champ BBQ prelims and Memphis in May festival fun.

Collison played fantastic defense last night and fully deserved the standing ovation he got when exiting the game. Z-Bo didn't have a field goal in the 2nd half and the adjustment to bring help d and keep him off his spots really seemed to frustrate him but couldn't some of those adjustments have been made during the half of game 1?

TylerD said:
I liked the Thunder team that showed up last night. That team could probably get a win in Memphis, which is what I hope to see in person on Saturday. Roommate and I are road tripping for some world champ BBQ prelims and Memphis in May festival fun.

Collison played fantastic defense last night and fully deserved the standing ovation he got when exiting the game. Z-Bo didn't have a field goal in the 2nd half and the adjustment to bring help d and keep him off his spots really seemed to frustrate him but couldn't some of those adjustments have been made during the half of game 1?

Damn, I'm seriously jealous of you. Have you made it to every home playoff game this post season?

TylerD

StickSoldier said:
Damn, I'm seriously jealous of you. Have you made it to every home playoff game this post season?

Yep! You get first priority once you re-up on season tickets for the next season. You have until 4 hrs before the game to print your playoff tickets before they are made available to the general public.

The price is not bad at all. My season tix were 10 per game so in the playoffs that is 15 for round 1, 20 for round 2, 30 for WCF, and 40 for Finals. I moved down into the lower bowl about 15 times during the regular season so I think the value is pretty great.

One of my roommates didn't renew but we kept the seat so we are going to have an extra seat or 2 (when roommate is traveling for work) for every game. If you are ever interested in going let me know!

KingGondo

Banned
exarkun said:
Boner Jams.

Thunder looked good last night. Didn't know they had it in them. They did the full 180 I talked about a few days ago. Good on them
I couldn't watch the game, but it sounds like we figured out a gameplan that works against Randolph and Gasol. Really hoping we can snag this next one in Memphis.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bread said:
See, that's a great play by Wade, but why was a foul called? Those are the types of fouls that should not be called in the playoffs, and Lebron and Wade are usually the ones who get them.
If there even was a foul, Joe Crawford wasn't even in position to see Garnett commit it because Wade was inbetween him and Garnett. Gotta love calls like those.

Bread said:
See, that's a great play by Wade, but why was a foul called? Those are the types of fouls that should not be called in the playoffs, and Lebron and Wade are usually the ones who get them.
There was some contact by Garnett right before the layup but while I do agree that it shouldn't have been called, that's just the nature of having a little "home cookin". It isn't anything new in the NBA and I'm sure we will see calls in favor of the Celtics during their home games. I'm just pointing out how the Czzz dont have any answer to an athletic team that runs up and down the court like the Heat did that game

Bread

Banned
CherryWoodFuton said:
There was some contact by Garnett right before the layup but while I do agree that it shouldn't have been called, that's just the nature of having a little "home cookin". It isn't anything new in the NBA and I'm sure we will see calls in favor of the Celtics during their home games. I'm just pointing out how the Czzz dont have any answer to an athletic team that runs up and down the court like the Heat did that game
For sure, this Heat team is like the Hawks team from 08 on steroids, and the Celtics are obviously an older team. We'll see if the Celtics can control the pace in Boston, if not, they're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom