• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkypine

dream said:
wtf are Troy Murphy, Sasha, and Arroyo there for?

Send em in and have them break some legs.
Coveted waiver wire pick up/named to be a celtic Troy Murphy? Member of the back to back best record in the NBA Sasha? The puerto rican allen iverson?

Can't waste talent like that

dream

punkypine said:
Coveted waiver wire pick up/named to be a celtic Troy Murphy? Member of the back to back best record in the NBA Sasha? The puerto rican allen iverson?

Can't waste talent like that

If Troy Murphy broke Lebron's neck, turning him into a quadripilegic who pukes and shits all over himself, and got banned from the NBA for life, nothing of value would be lost for the Celtics or the game of basketball.

dream said:
If Troy Murphy broke Lebron's neck, turning him into a quadripilegic who pukes and shits all over himself, and got banned from the NBA for life, nothing of value would be lost for the Celtics or the game of basketball.

100/10

or

Branduil/10

SamuraiX-

Cassell Interviews For Rockets Head Coaching Position

RealGM said:
Sam Cassell made his case Tuesday that he is ready to begin his career as an NBA head coach with the Rockets.

Cassell was the latest to interview for the Rockets vacant head coaching position, and the second former Rockets player after Mario Elie's interview last week.

Reached on Tuesday, Cassell initially had no comment but then said he would speak about the interview later.

The Rockets met with former Nets coach Lawrence Frank, a Celtics assistant, Monday in Miami, and had interviews last week with former Hawks coach Mike Woodson, Bucks assistant Kelvin Sampson, Rockets assistant Jack Sikma and Elie.

It's like the whole league just wants to troll the Rockets. lmfao

punkypine

dream said:
I don't understand the implications of that cause...you know...who follows the Sixers?

Is Iggy a free agent or something?
no, he just thinks he's kobe bryant and is probably upset that he's not embraced/treated like a superstar by either the team or the city

jey_16

Banned
the whole white t-shirt thing in Miami just makes me thing the whole crowd is full of old people coming to watch lawn bowls or something.....

giri

numble said:
He's going to the Bulls!
He would be a great 2 guard. But they could still use someone who can shoot better. I still say Afflalo would be the best pickup. But iggy would be great.

Zep

Banned
giri said:
He would be a great 2 guard. But they could still use someone who can shoot better. I still say Afflalo would be the best pickup. But iggy would be great.

They could get OJ Mayo for a cheaper price. And there is nobody on Chicago that could help them out...Except Noah of course, but hes going nowhere.

Bread

Banned
OK just got back home, time to talk Celtics-Heat. There's no way the Celtics will win a game if the Heat are going to get those calls every single time they drive to the basket. It's so hard to watch basketball when a team will get calls just because they're close to a defender when they're laying it up. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but the Heat are getting such shitty calls when they drive to the basket, and the Celtics don't get shit called when they make the same moves.

I'm mad.

I'm bitter.

(I'm drunk)

But the Celtics will not allow this kind of bullshit to happen in Boston, and the series will most likely come down to the home court advantage.

punkypine

Pickles the Firecat said:
Dude makes Bosh sound like someone I'd want to hang out with. Bookworm, food fanatic, computer guy.
thats the rep he had back in the days when he was on twitter and youtube trying to get voted into the all star game. Too bad he signed up for a gig as alfred.

Pickles the Firecat said:
Dude makes Bosh sound like someone I'd want to hang out with. Bookworm, food fanatic, computer guy.

I thought the same thing. Bosh is a bookworm!? damn me and him need to get on Goodreads together.

Bread said:
OK just got back home, time to talk Celtics-Heat. There's no way the Celtics will win a game if the Heat are going to get those calls every single time they drive to the basket. It's so hard to watch basketball when a team will get calls just because they're close to a defender when they're laying it up. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but the Heat are getting such shitty calls when they drive to the basket, and the Celtics don't get shit called when they make the same moves.

I'm mad.

I'm bitter.

(I'm drunk)

But the Celtics will not allow this kind of bullshit to happen in Boston, and the series will most likely come down to the home court advantage.

Keep fighting the fine fight.

masud

Banned
Bread said:

I'm mad.

I'm bitter.

(I'm drunk)

Yeah getting screwed by the refs in the playoffs sure does suck...

SamuraiX- said:
That statistic is always mind boggling to me.

It makes sense to me. In most cases, you have to win 4 of 5 with 2 games on the road and you just lost 2 in a row there. If you lost them at home, good luck wining 4 of 5 with 3 on the road!

Of course, the number isn't as bad if you get rid of the 1st round where there are a lot of 4-0 and 4-1 wins due to talent discrepancy. Not sure if any team ever came back from down 2-0 in a best of 7 first rounder.

But winning 4 out of 5 in the playoffs is tough; moreso against a team that's at the very least almost your equal and probably better.

Branduil

benjipwns said:
Jazz in 2007 against the Rockets.

EDIT: Also Mavericks in 2005 against, yep, the Rockets.
The Mavs/Rockets one was especially weird because the Rockets won the first two games in Dallas.

And it ended with Dallas winning game 7 by 40 points.

Zep

Banned
2zyc601.jpg

Jeff-DSA

T-Mobile's commercials freak me out because the girl looks like my little cousin, but my cousin is only 15, so it's like I'm looking into the future.

Is Shaq going to play in game 3? I don't know how much he would matter, but his size in the lane would at least alter Wade's and Lebron's paths to the basket. Right now the Celtics are just too thin up front. I don't think anybody starting Jermaine O'Neal can be too happy about it. But hey, Celtics fans are happy about starting Rondo, so I don't know.

diehard

Fleer
Jeff-DSA said:
T-Mobile's commercials freak me out because the girl looks like my little cousin, but my cousin is only 15, so it's like I'm looking into the future.

Is Shaq going to play in game 3? I don't know how much he would matter, but his size in the lane would at least alter Wade's and Lebron's paths to the basket. Right now the Celtics are just too thin up front. I don't think anybody starting Jermaine O'Neal can be too happy about it. But hey, Celtics fans are happy about starting Rondo, so I don't know.
can i get your cousins number in 3 years?

J2 Cool

Good breakdown of Derrick Rose waning aggressiveness

I wish he had Tuesday to Saturday to heal, what a retarded span between games. It'll be interesting to see how he plays tonight. Him practicing was the best news I heard about it, but it's also reported he got an MRI and has a grade II sprain. Either way this is a legit series. Crawford/JJ can put up points, and Horford is the best low-post scorer in this series right now.

Considering Rose means everything to our offense, I think it warrants worrying. He doesn't have Kobe level skill, where he could refocus his game. The Bulls need him to be the best athlete on the court.

The_Inquisitor said:
So is it too early to start make game 2 predictions for Mavs and Lakers?

If not, Mavs by 5.

Mavs-Heat Finals again? Ugh.

Boston and Lakers better get their shit together for the sake of the NBA

benjipwns

Banned
numble said:
Free throws are outside. It's a violation if you step into the paint.
The area is still painted.

Also. Inform the refs, I'm pretty sure I could call lane violations on every single one.

I'm not really being serious here, but I know the latter is true.

numble

benjipwns said:

Also. Inform the refs, I'm pretty sure I could call lane violations on every single one.

It's not painted. But the paint is short for the key, anyway. And free throws are outside the key.

giri

benjipwns said:

spurs suns series 3 years ago? with shaq, they were calling lane violations on shaq all the time, the worst part was, he was hitting the ones that were getting called violations. This was during hack a shaq.

It's like some of the Celtics fans in here think "They shouldn't be allowed to have foul calls" because it's like obligatory or something that you can't get fouled on consecutive trips, or it becomes "we did the same thing the other end" or some shit. Watch it again folks. Boston was consistently late on rotations and hacked and they know it too...that's what happens when Jermaine O'Soft is your center in the 4th.

And then there's guys like Sanjuro who think I complain more about the refs than anyone else. I don't think in my time here I have even hit double digit posts with ref complaints. So lol. I didn't know Celtics fans could get old and lose their memory just like their own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom