• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
SUPREME1 said:
I must see this now. Been meaning to since all you dudes talk shit about likes it's the worst shit ever, yet you guys seem to know a lot about it.

Just saying.
does this guy literally think our devotion to this show is not authentic

SoulPlaya

more money than God
During the regular season, people in this thread were claiming that Rose was surrounded by great players, and that they could make it to the playoffs without him. Now, they're all garbage all of a sudden?

thekad

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
During the regular season, people in this thread were claiming that Rose was surrounded by great players, and that they could make it to the playoffs without him. Now, they're all garbage all of a sudden?

Huh? Only Bulls fans are calling their players garbage. We diss Boozer just because we hate him.

SamuraiX-

Code:
8:26	Luol Deng blocks Joe Johnson's free throw	60-71

lolespn

That would be fucking awesome if it actually happened though.

THRILLH0

Banned
Red Blaster said:
You can only criticize a player if someone at the same position on your favored team is superior. Got it.

Don't be so touchy. You're perfectly entitled to keep inexplicably devoting so much time and energy to denigrating Rose. I just find it amusing is all.

I'm not going to deny that the way he's chucking threes and turning the ball over is Antoine-esque but the joy some of you seem to be taking in him struggling is pretty sad.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SoulPlaya said:

Carlos Boozer is fool's gold. This mirrors the 07-08 Jazz playoffs where he went from averaging over 21ppg on 0.547% shooting (81 games regular season) to 16ppg on 0.415% (12 games playoffs)

So maybe they would have made it. I mean, the bottom of the East. lolz.

effzee

Branduil said:
Bulls have a solid center in Noah, a former all-star in Boozer, a guy who was almost traded for Kobe, a deep bench, and the coach of the year. How does his team lack talent exactly?

The same Boozer everyone here clowns? Coach of the year because of Rose no?

It lacks talent in the sense that without Rose its a bunch of good to average role players.

Every year you could make the case for 2-3 players to be MVP. Rose led the team ahead of Boston and Miami, both of whom have tons more talent.

punkypine

giri said:
Has he even cemented himself as a starter yet?
yes

he's the best up and coming pure pg right now

partly trolling with being better than rose, but he's already a superior passer and probably a better defender. Just not nearly as athletic as rose, and can't score like rose

AShep said:
Don't be so touchy. You're perfectly entitled to keep inexplicably devoting so much time and energy to denigrating Rose. I just find it amusing is all.

I'm not going to deny that the way he's chucking threes and turning the ball over is Antoine-esque but the joy some of you seem to be taking in him struggling is pretty sad.

I really takes no time or effort. Rose's inherent Marbury/Francis does all the work for us.

J2 Cool

Crawford has been awful today. I didn't know what to expect there tonight, but didn't think he would be this bad. That and Josh Smith's game helped us greatly.

dream

The next day, Khloe is sitting in her "office" and "working" when Malika comes in and formally requests Khloe's attention. With Khloe's interest piqued, Malika tells her she's tired and she needs a break. Specifically, a break from Khloe. Khloe was not expecting this at all and is completely flabbergasted by Malika's admission. We know this because she makes this face:

khloeface3.jpg

Khloe responds by telling Malika she had no idea about any of this and how is she supposed to know if Malika won't tell her? Malika tells Khloe that they are best friends and Khloe should just know that something was really eating at her. Khloe being oblivious to Malika's feelings hurts her very badly. We know this because she makes this face:

malika2.jpg

Having been thoroughly...efeminated? Malika storms off as Khloe tells her she can't just leave. For the first time in her life, Malika actually does her and ignores Khloe.

Khloe doesn't seem to have any friends other than Malika. This is confirmed when Khloe calls her mom (whom she hates) instead of, I don't know, A MUTUAL FRIEND to tell her what happened. Satan asks Khloe if she's been treating Malika badly and Khloe is absolutely appalled by her insinuation. We know this because she makes this face:

khloeface4.jpg

Satan explains to Khloe why Malika might feel the way she does and Khloe, while surprised by the idea of Malika feeling like she's living in Khloe's enormous shadow, is heartbroken at the thought of what poor Malika must be feeling. We know this because she makes this face:

khloeface5.jpg

Holy shit Rose has 20 points on 23 shots.

Mrbob

They all just mad because Rose elevated from a top 5 PG last year to a top 5 player in the league this year. Celtics fans are especially angry because Rose has left Rondo in the dust.

J2 Cool said:
Crawford has been awful today every day. I didn't know what to expect there tonight, but didn't think he would be this bad. That and Josh Smith's game helped us greatly.
crawful sucks. last year was an anomaly. and he wasn't great last year either.

effzee

ATL is like the dumber version of Denver. Its either Joe Johnson going one on one for the whole duration of the set, Crawford firing away wild shots, or Josh Smith shooting as soon as he gets the ball. No one goes for rebounds and they don't see to run an offense. Its just a bunch of isolation plays. It works when they hit a bunch of shots and everyone is "on" but on a night like tonight they look rather putrid. The Bulls aren't even playing too well but the Hawks keep squandering away chances.

giri

effzee said:
The same Boozer everyone here clowns? Coach of the year because of Rose no?

It lacks talent in the sense that without Rose its a bunch of good to average role players.

Every year you could make the case for 2-3 players to be MVP. Rose led the team ahead of Boston and Miami, both of whom have tons more talent.
The answer is, with out an alpha, they're the washinton wizards - arenas.

Hell, the mavs have the same arguments that can be made for a whole bunch of their players.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Why are Eastern Conference playoff games so ugly, and Western Conference games so delicious regardless of the score?

thekad

Banned
Mrbob said:
They all just mad because Rose elevated from a top 5 PG last year to a top 5 player in the league this year. Celtics fans are especially angry because Rose has left Rondo in the dust.

Rose is barely a Top 5 PG.

punkypine

Mrbob said:
Top 5 on his team... maybe

giri

Mrbob said:
Out side of the top 3 pg's, they're not traditional points anwyay, so being top5 isn't exactly that big an acomplishment (Nash, Deron, CP3).

J2 Cool

This is what happens when you don't put them away. Teague gives a fuck at least.

Black Mamba said:
Rose 1/8!

This is his major problem. That and the TO's, which I don't know what's up with them. I'm assuming it's temporary, he hasn't done that all year.

thekad

Banned
J2 Cool said:
This is what happens when you don't put them away. Teague gives a fuck at least.

This is his major problem. That and the TO's, which I don't know what's up with them. I'm assuming it's temporary, he hasn't done that all year.

Dumbbrook syndrome. Bright lights breeds stupidity.

punkypine

how many 3's dose Rose have to miss this playoffs beforehe realizes that he should take 2 steps up and shoot? Why do none of his coaches inform him to shoot no more than a couple a game?

THRILLH0

Banned
Blackface said:
Rose is probably the most empty MVP of all time.

That's pretty harsh. Noah, Deng and Boozer are all quality NBA players but nobody on the planet predicted that the Bulls would get anywhere near the top seed and Rose is the primary reason for that.

While I think the team could afford to utilise those guys a bit more on offense it's Rose that makes the team go and when you look at his value to the team I think it's a pretty well-deserved award.

Dwight and Dirk also would have been worthy but I think that most years there are at least a couple of guys who could win the award and in those cases the media tend to go with the guy who's team and individual play exceeded expectations rather than just met them (Dirk) or even fell short (Dwight).

Is that necessarily fair? Perhaps not, but I think it's also unfair to single out Rose when that's the way it's been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom