• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

thekad said:
Dumbbrook syndrome. Bright lights breeds stupidity.

I think they're just giving him so much space, he starts thinking "wtf... I hit these all year." -- chuck. He hasn't decided what his strategy is when they do that still.

It isn't suddenly about glory for Rose.

effzee

Why is ATL so slow to set anything up? They just walk up and down, hold the ball, and then whoever is holding the ball will chuck it up.

How did they even get to this point? How could ORL let this happen?

J2 Cool

Atlanta just looks in anguish when they go up and down the court. I don't get it.

This looks like the 3rd straight game to end in 10pt win. I hope LA/DAL brings it.

EvilMario said:
Rose is high on the list of the new chucker PG position:
Rose > Curry > Wall >>> Holiday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook

Curry's a freak of a shooter though. He can chuck all he wants.

General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel. Percentages are based on the pool of respondents to each question of the survey, rather than all 30 GMs.

Who will win the Rookie of the Year?
1. John Wall, Washington 67.9%
2. Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers 28.6%
3. Wesley Johnson, Minnesota 3.6%

Which rookie will be the best player in five years?
2. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento 10.7%
2. Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers 10.7%
4. Derrick Favors, New Jersey 7.1%
5. Evan Turner, Philadelphia 3.6%

Jq2ef.gif

THRILLH0

Banned
Rose needs to realise he isn't Ray Allen and can't shoot himself out of a slump like Ray who can go 0-13 and come back the next night (or quarter) like nothing happened.

Derrick needs to make up for it by getting everyone else involved, not by continuing to pull the trigger.

Blackface

Banned
Adam Blade said:
General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel. Percentages are based on the pool of respondents to each question of the survey, rather than all 30 GMs.

Jq2ef.gif

You forgot they also said Kobe was the most clutch

LOOOOL

Branduil

Adam Blade said:

Jq2ef.gif
What happened to Sharp anyway?

Cloudy

Banned
thekad said:
I told you guys Rose would keep shooting like he has these entire playoffs. He's a fraud...

He's not a good enough scorer to be taking this many shots. Miami will destroy this team..

SamuraiX-

How is it even possible that John Wall was that overrated?

I swear most GMs just open DraftExpress and look to see who is projected to go #1 and say "fuck it."

Rose's MVP is especially disgusting considering it basically guarantees him a spot in the Hall Of Fame. Vince Carter has had a more impressive playoff career than him so far.

dream

20 points on 23 shots. That's westbrookian efficiency.

MVP MVP

Lamar realizes idiot brother is feeling left out so he takes him to the Lakers' training center to work on their shots. Lamar hits a sick bank shot 3 just as Jamie comes strolling on to the court. Idiot brother gets huffy and asks him what he's doing there. As it turns out, Lamar invited him too.

Lamar being Lamar, he figures they'll play a game of HORSE and work everything out, leaving their beef on the court. As Jamie goes for some sort of layup/jump shot hybrid, the idiot brother gives him a really hard foul and Jamie storms off as the idiot brother starts taunting him by saying "I thought you were from Queens!"

Later that night, Jamie and Lamar head out for dinner and Jamie asks him what the deal with the idiot brother is. Lamar explains the idiot brother's upbringing to him and how he grew up surrounded by women so he's a little...delicate and sheltered, unlike these two hardened Queensbridge motherfuckers. He tells Jamie that idiot brother is his family and he's gotta make some concessions for him and try to meet him halfway. Jamie stares back at Lamar, rather incredulously, not knowing who he is anymore.

The next night, Lamar heads to Staples to play the visiting Dallas Mavericks (seriously). As he gets dressed, Luke Walton shows Lamar his bare left arm and tells him he wants to get a massive tattoo and asks Lamar if he has any ideas for what he should cover his arm with. Lamar has no ideas and looks like he'd rather not have the cameras catch Luke Walton talking to him.

Khloe decides to call Malika's twin sister and invite both of them to watch the game and hopefully be able to get everything out there and hug it out. When the sisters arrive, Malika's twin has to sit between them as a buffer because the tension is just so fucking palpable. Just as Khloe mentions how awkward it is, Lamar hits a long 3 and unites the three of them in their love of Los Angeles Basketball. We know this because they look like this:

khloeface6.jpg

Khloe tests the waters by saying "I need to go to the bathroom, does anyone else need to go?" Malika's twin sister says "Malika needs to go!" Malika smiles and agrees that she does need to go to the bathroom. Rather than going to the bathroom, the two of them go off into a corridor in Staples to talk and hug it out. Malika explains she was feeling frustrated and, perhaps unfairly, took it out on Khloe. She tells Khloe she knows Khloe has never tried to hold her back and she loves her. Khloe tells Malika she will do whatever she can to help her and that she loves her too. They embrace and go back to watch their man play.

AShep said:
That's pretty harsh. Noah, Deng and Boozer are all quality NBA players but nobody on the planet predicted that the Bulls would get anywhere near the top seed and Rose is the primary reason for that.

While I think the team could afford to utilise those guys a bit more on offense it's Rose that makes the team go and when you look at his value to the team I think it's a pretty well-deserved award.

Dwight and Dirk also would have been worthy but I think that most years there are at least a couple of guys who could win the award and in those cases the media tend to go with the guy who's team and individual play exceeded expectations rather than just met them (Dirk) or even fell short (Dwight).

Is that necessarily fair? Perhaps not, but I think it's also unfair to single out Rose when that's the way it's been for years.
You are right that no one predicted Chicago to win 60 games. Most people thought Chicago was going to be around 50 wins this season. They didn't expect Rose to improve so much. I didn't expect Rose to improve so much. He went from being a decent starting point guard to a very good starting point guard. I suppose if you already thought he was a great player you could see him as an MVP right now. I thought he was pretty mediocre before, so even with his improvements he is nowhere near being an MVP candidate for me.

You are also right that scoring + team wins = primary MVP criteria. I am fine with that. It is a media award. But a lot of fans around here use that as their critieria as well. And frankly, they're wrong. It's a stupid way to evaluate a player's contribution to his team's success. Rose is a very good player, but he isn't in the top echelon of player's. He isn't even the best PG.

SamuraiX-

snack said:
Okay. Keep hating boys and girls.

There's no hate. Rose had another bad game.

25 points on 27 shots? A 10ast/8TO ratio?

The Bulls barely avoided being down 0-2 and going to Atlanta when the Hawks couldn't give a single fuck tonight.

dream

Since Lamar is playing, the idiot brother has no idea what to do with himself. He walks over to the bar in their house and starts playing bartender as Jamie walks in and asks him if they're cool. Idiot brother tells him they're cool and the two of them go to shoot some pool. As a concession, Jamie tells the idiot brother he's welcome to bring his women over to his loft and fuck them there. And that he used to slang dope on the corner back in Queens. Lamar walks in just in time to see the two of them hugging it out and is so happy he starts doing the stanky leg.

The end.

omg, in the next episode Khloe tells Lamar he's a dumb negro and to "be more articulate" and Lamar tells her he's offended she would even say that.

J2 Cool

Red Blaster said:
Rose's MVP is especially disgusting considering it basically guarantees him a spot in the Hall Of Fame. Vince Carter has had a more impressive playoff career than him so far.

What's wrong with:

'09-- 19.7ppg 49% 6.4ast 6.3reb
'10-- 26.8ppg 45% 7.2ast 3.4reb

And this one still in progress? Let the guy play.

Mrbob

SamuraiX- said:
There's no hate. Rose had another bad game.

25 points on 27 shots? A 10ast/8TO ratio?

The Bulls barely avoided being down 0-2 and going to Atlanta when the Hawks couldn't give a single fuck tonight.

One down, three to go. Bulls in 5 still in play.

Blackface

Banned
Red Blaster said:

Vince Carter has had more impressive seasons, and when he was young, was a more impressive player.

I am sure Rose will chuck himself into obscurity eventually.

Chris Paul was basically forgotten about this season and he is the best PG in the league.

thekad

Banned
OpinionatedCyborg said:
You are right that no one predicted Chicago to win 60 games. Most people thought Chicago was going to be around 50 wins this season. They didn't expect Rose to improve so much. I didn't expect Rose to improve so much. He went from being a decent starting point guard to a very good starting point guard. I suppose if you already thought he was a great player you could see him as an MVP right now. I thought he was pretty mediocre before, so even with his improvements he is nowhere near being an MVP candidate for me.

Seriously. He was putting up Aaron Brooks numbers (on a worse team) and made a big leap. He's not CP3. He's Tony Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom