• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is about to run with Bynum's comments and take them totally out of context. He said they are having trust issues, but what he's saying is they're not running the triangle as they should be, which is true.

edit: And they've gotten away from the defensive concepts.

Black Mamba said:
The media is about to run with Bynum's comments and take them totally out of context. He said they are having trust issues, but what he's saying is they're not running the triangle as they should be, which is true.

no, that's not what he said. they even asked him to clarify right after that question and he said "no, it's with the individuals"

Black Mamba said:
BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRUST ISSUES. The locker room is fractured, time to start shippin' people out!

Nelo Ice

Banned
worst thing about this loss is it brings out laker haters in full force

arguing with a friend on fb about the staples crowd and its devolved into somehow the lakers are cheaters cuz they built the team correctly while the warriors are so much better cuz theyre homegrown

dream

Black Mamba said:

edit: And they've gotten away from the defensive concepts.

I think one of the reporters asked him if he meant they were having trust issues with the offense and he specifically said "no, with each other." Which, I guess, could still mean they're not running the triangle but it sounded more like a locker room full of guys that hate each other to me.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, that's not what he said. they even asked him to clarify right after that question and he said "no, it's with the individuals"

Yes, I understand that. They're not running the triangle. They're going 1 on 1, breaking off, etc.

And defensively they're not communicating (see my edit). Bynum more than once tonight yelled at the players to TALK to him on defense.

Lakers defense is designed to funnel players to the baseline into the paint and switch perimeter screens and/or hedge, but they've completely stopped doing that. Suddenly they're going over screens 30 feet from basket or showing early.

Bynum is getting frustrated because they're not allowing him to do what he does on defense to dominate.

So yes, it's "trust issues," but it doesn't mean they don't like playing with one another or something like that. It just means they're not running the schemes they're supposed to run on both sides.

Lakers wanna play old they should just dress up Shaw and the Rifle Man..At least we get some 3's....Still feeling the effect of Trevor leaving....

dream said:
I think one of the reporters asked him if he meant they were having trust issues with the offense and he specifically said "no, with each other." Which, I guess, could still mean they're not running the triangle but it sounded more like a locker room full of guys that hate each other to me.

Does that honestly make any sense to anyone. They suddenly don't like playing with each other?

I heard the interview. That was not what was implied. They're not trusting each other to make the right reads or move the right way, etc.

edit: he also said he's 100% confident they'll fix it.

Doomsayer

These playoffs have shown that a healthy Bynum can make a huge impact. He is clearly a piece to build around if his knees hold up.

Watching JJ Barea tear up your team in the 4th quarter is a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Brinbe

The Frankman said:
BECAUSE THEY HAVE TRUST ISSUES. The locker room is fractured, time to start shippin' people out!
Gotta spark that Howard speculation somehow, right?
KuGsj.gif

Black Mamba said:
Does that honestly make any sense to anyone. They suddenly don't like playing with each other?

I heard the interview. That was not what was implied. They're not trusting each other to make the right reads or move the right way, etc.

you can play with people you don't like if you are winning. when you are losing that's when the sniping starts

Black Mamba said:

Pretty obvious the Lakers hate playing with each other, Kobe is a dick who likely yells homophobic slurs at his teammates.

Artest getting blasted left and right and deservedly so. That was just some straight up thuggery which will most likely warrant a one suspension. I don't know who suffered more from that shot, Mr. Barea or Khloe and Lamar's future offspring.

dream

Black Mamba said:

I can see it. Pau starts playing like a woman, Kobe goes into KoMe mode, the bench suddenly becomes useless...I can see them getting snippy with each other.

I hope Phil doesn't let them bring cards on the plane to Dallas.

I hope the Lakers win the next one so the series will be interesting at least.

I really thought the Heat would get knocked out in the second round this year. But now I'm getting scared.... It's not that the Heat have looked overly impressive either, but the rest of the elite teams are looking frail right now. Even though Dallas is playing well right now, they blew huge leads against Portland, which makes me think we'd just have more exercisebikes.jpgs if they met the Heat in the finals.

These playoffs had so much promise. Now it looks like Anakan and the Sith are going to slaughter the Jedi Academy, and all that was once good will be no more.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can play with people you don't like if you are winning. when you are losing that's when the sniping starts

True. Except Kobe will feud with you even if he's winning. See: Shaq.

Every beat reporter that's been with the team for a long time has said this team is way closer than the Shaq era and transition teams.

I just think "trust" means something different that what people are trying to claim. Some are thinking in the traditional sense of "i can't trust you to loan you money," when he means "trust me that I'm behind you to block the shot."

Talon

Sho_Nuff82 said:
You know what we really need?

A Hawks/Mavs final. Joe Johnson vs the team that coveted him at the trade deadline, Dirk vs Josh Smith, Terry vs. Crawford off the bench.
More Isos than you can shake a stick at.

dream

Black Mamba said:
I just think "trust" means something different that what people are trying to claim. Some are thinking in the traditional sense of "i can't trust you to loan you money," when he means "trust me that I'm behind you to block the shot."

And what happens when he's not behind him to block the shot? What happens after that's repeated a few more times?

Vestal

You know I have to tip my hat to the Mavs and their organization, everyone pretty much assumed the Dirk era was done and that they wouldnt be succesful after they got tossed in the first round of the playoffs a couple of years back.

I would totally be ok with them winning it all this year(even though Im rooting for miami) just cause dirk has stuck with it, Kidd is a vet who has done alot through the years, along with carlisle who got screwed by Dumars a few years back from one.

It should also be said that Pau has called out Kobe in the media at least twice in the past and it didn't mean they didn't like playing with each other.

All Bynum is trying to get across is they're not playing together as a unit and instead playing like individuals.

And what happens when he's not behind him to block the shot? What happens after that's repeated a few more times?

Well, I meant that within the right scheme. If the individual defender does what he's supposed to do, he should trust Bynum will be there to protect him, but if he doesn't and does something else because he doesn't trust Bynum there, then he overplays and it destabilizes the defense.

dream

Black Mamba said:
Well, I meant that within the right scheme. If the individual defender does what he's supposed to do, he should trust Bynum will be there to protect him, but if he doesn't and does something else because he doesn't trust Bynum there, then he overplays and it destabilizes the defense.

What I meant was everyone has been sucking throughout the entire post-season. I can't imagine there aren't a lot of fingers being pointed at everyone right now.

Kobe answering it saying Bynum is talking about defense that Bynum is helping how he's supposed to but no one is covering his man (which has happened all year) and that is what is meant.

What I meant was everyone has been sucking throughout the entire post-season. I can't imagine there aren't a lot of fingers being pointed at everyone right now.

But that rarely happens. Is Boston doing it? Did LAL do it down 3-2 last year?

dream

Black Mamba said:
Kobe answering it saying Bynum is talking about defense that Bynum is helping how he's supposed to but no one is covering his man (which has happened all year) and that is what is meant.

But that rarely happens. Is Boston doing it? Did LAL do it down 3-2 last year?
Pierce pulled Rondo aside during a timeout and yelled at him in game 2.

I dunno though, I buy the Celtics comraderie more than I do with the Lakers. Ubuntu!

Kobe said that he's not in shock, they've been playing with fire for 3 years and finally got what they deserves.

Definitely true.

Pierce pulled Rondo aside during a timeout and yelled at him in game 2.

This shit happens all the time, that's not a fractured team.

Gigglepoo

And people thought that Artest had changed? That he was just a goofy idiot? That he left his baggage in Indy? Once a thug, always a thug. He should have been kicked out of the league years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom