• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamuraiX- said:
Funny way of saying everyone is being realistic now that even the Lakers, themselves know they're frauds.

I know it sounds odd but i still think Lakers will somehow pull this off. they've gotten better shots all series long, just missed more wide open shots and blew FTs.

But, taking 4 of 5 will be a very tough thing to do and it might be too late to right the ship.

snack

viakado said:
what's the point?
khloe already has him by the balls.
BULLDRUM.gif

These gifs are hilarious. Just like the Lakers.

giri

dream said:
I can see it. Pau starts playing like a woman, Kobe goes into KoMe mode, the bench suddenly becomes useless...I can see them getting snippy with each other.

I hope Phil doesn't let them bring cards on the plane to Dallas.
Deserves more credit.

viakado said:
Not homophobic if there's truth to it.
Are you listening pau?
Pau, all over your... back?

SamuraiX-

Black Mamba said:
I know it sounds odd but i still think Lakers will somehow pull this off. they've gotten better shots all series long, just missed more wide open shots and blew FTs.

But, taking 4 of 5 will be a very tough thing to do and it might be too late to right the ship.

Can you find what the record is for a team that left their home court down 0-2 in a 7-game series?

The last time it happened to the Lakers, in 1977, they were swept by Portland.

giri

Black Mamba said:

I said that about the suns lakers series last year.... yeah.

SamuraiX- said:
Can you find what the record is for a team that left their home court down 0-2 in a 7-game series?

The last time it happened to the Lakers, in 1977, they were swept by Portland.

Like I said, it sounds odd. It has only happen 3 times ever. But I still feel like it will happen. but I'm not sitting here saying it's definitely happening. Odds are very poor. It's just my gut, nothing more.

I said that about the suns lakers series last year.... yeah.

Difference was LAL dominated the Suns in the 1st two games. Amar'e got styled on by Pau and Odom.

This series Lakers just gave game 1 away and missed wide open looks at FTs in game 2.

But yes, they probably lost the series tonight. But I still think they'll pull it out, somehow.

giri

Black Mamba said:
Like I said, it sounds odd. It has only happen 3 times ever. But I still feel like it will happen. but I'm not sitting here saying it's definitely happening. Odds are very poor. It's just my gut, nothing more.

Difference was LAL dominated the Suns in the 1st two games. Amar'e got styled on by Pau and Odom.
This series Lakers just gave game 1 away and missed wide open looks at FTs in game 2.

But yes, they probably lost the series tonight. But I still think they'll pull it out, somehow.
Thats not all that different to this series actually....

Blackface

Banned
Can't even imagine how shit the Lakers will be in a couple years, when they still have over 60 million on the books, bird right trades no longer exist, and the cap is 50 million.

lawlalwalwlalw

Raptors bad, so slightly better than the Knicks

Gigglepoo

Red Blaster said:
He's almost as good as Matt Bernes

Matt Barnes was great in '07 for the Warriors. Steve Blake has always been a train wreck:

From 2009!

NomarTyme said:
Fucking Blake. :lol

reilo said:
WHAT WAS THAT SHOT?!?!?

WTF what a terrible shot.

chaoticprout said:
blake. IS. AN. IDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOT. 17 seconds and he's running? fucking idiot.

Gigglepoo said:
What the fuck is Steve Blake doing!? WHAT THE FUCK!

Raging Spaniard said:
WHAT IN THE LIVING FUCK BLAKE WHAT THE FUCK FUCKING FUCK

And just because this made me laugh:

Ph33nix said:
didn't simmons say that barea was the x factor?

lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can't wait until tomorrow's announcement of an Artest suspension. Come on, NBA...don't let me down!

AlphaSnake said:
Can't wait until tomorrow's announcement of an Artest suspension. Come on, NBA...don't let me down!

I'm starting to think this will be better for the Lakers.

And by "think," I mean foolishly convince myself.

Duki

Banned
ahahahaha black mamba

of course them suddenly having issues makes sense

its called the disease of more son

happens like clockwork

woodchuck

NEXT LEVEL: Dirk Nowitzki got off to a good start in Game 2, scoring 15 points in the first half and finishing with 24 points on 9-of-16 shooting. Nowitzki played well in isolation situations again. During the season in isolation plays, Nowitzki ranked first in field goal percentage (56.8), efficient field goal percentage (57.2) and points per play (1.10).

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310504013

anyone know where i can find more situational advanced stats like these

Duki

Banned
toney can be awful but at least he can get hot in 1/3 games and hit 6 3 pointers or something

what the fuck does shannon give you? his version of getting hot is getting some fast break dunk and then bricking about 10 threes in a row because he suddenly thinks hes hot shit

also fuck that bitch, shannon is a girls name

giri

Duki said:
toney can be awful but at least he can get hot in 1/3 games and hit 6 3 pointers or something

what the fuck does shannon give you? his version of getting hot is getting some fast break dunk and then bricking about 10 threes in a row because he suddenly thinks hes hot shit

also fuck that bitch, shannon is a girls name
IIRC, Shanon started the year better than Kobe did. But quickly fell off when he remembered who he was.

Black Mamba said:

Lakers need to win 1 of the next 2 in Dallas to get it back to LA.

Then win a Game 6 in Dallas where the crowd will be extremely hostile.

Then win a back to back Game 7 @ a 12:30 start.

Lakers will need to play near perfect to pull that off.

I feel like this:

Lakers tried this turn it on, turn it off bullshit all year long, and actually sliding by when Kobe hit that 3 to push the Sacramento Lease Extensions to OT and win it.

They even got away with it last series because the Hornets weren't very good.

In this series, they thought they could get away with it again after dropping Game 1 in another "we'll do just enough to get by" effort that failed.

Dallas came out and outplayed the Lakers tonight, through and through.

Even if they "turn it on" and win both in Dallas, it doesn't matter.

This team doesn't know how to be consistent and it has caught up to them.

Ironically, winning this series would only further push that feeling of "ho hum, doesn't matter cause we lost the first 2 games in LA in the Dallas series" and imo, would be a further detriment.

Their year long history of bad habits have gotten the Lakers here, not two games with Dallas in the semis.

ryutaro's mama said:
Lakers need to win 1 of the next 2 in Dallas to get it back to LA.

Then win a Game 6 in Dallas where the crowd will be extremely hostile.

Then win a back to back Game 7 @ a 12:30 start.

Lakers will need to play near perfect to pull that off.

I feel like this:

Lakers tried this turn it on, turn it off bullshit all year long, and actually sliding by when Kobe hit that 3 to push the Sacramento Lease Extensions to OT and win it.

They even got away with it last series because the Hornets weren't very good.

In this series, they thought they could get away with it again after dropping Game 1 in another "we'll do just enough to get by" effort that failed.

Dallas came out and outplayed the Lakers tonight, through and through.

Even if they "turn it on" and win both in Dallas, it doesn't matter.

This team doesn't know how to be consistent and it has caught up to them.

Ironically, winning this series would only further push that feeling of "ho hum, doesn't matter cause we lost the first 2 games in LA in the Dallas series" and imo, would be a further detriment.

Their year long history of bad habits have gotten the Lakers here, not two games with Dallas in the semis.

I agree with everything (minus your use of Ironically
LLShC.gif
).

I'll repeat here was I told a friend. Even if Lakers pull this series off, I think losing tonight means they won't win the title. Whatever they use to pull it off will leave them spent for the WCF.

I also think the 17-1 streak ended up hurting them. They used a lot of energy to dominate (not just win) those games and are now tired from it. That and 3 years of Finals and some guys at International Ball (Pau in particular). And they convinced themselves they can "turn it on." But now the energy is sapped and they really can't. Only reason I think they can win still is because I don't think Dallas is that good, but OKC definitely is.

Pau really looks tired to me. We joke around about him playing like a pussy right now, but his movements and everything looks slow. There was that one Oreb for Dallas where he just tried to walk to Dirk to challenge his 3. I knew Phil rode him too hard to start the season (40+min for like 15 games).

Welp, I'd rather they lose now and get time to rest than lose to the Heat in the Finals or something. I've been prepared for the loss, but losing to the Heat would infuriate me.

Black Mamba said:
Lakers are still the clearly better team, despite the loss. They got complacent early in the 3rd and played stupid and tried to have Kobe bail em out.

They'll re-adjust and take the next 2 games.

sorry, just had to quote this.

lmao.

Duki

Banned
literally no one in the photo is even paying attention to the court

and you know its not half time, cos if it was rick fox would def be watching to perv on the laker girls

laker culture

lawlohwhat said:
sorry, just had to quote this.

lmao.

yeah, I was wrong. oh well. I gotta root for em, na'h mean.

I still think when the lakers play at their peak, they're a lot better than Dallas.

Oh god, I opened up the Miley Cyrus thread. What a horrible day this has become.

Black Mamba said:
yeah, I was wrong. oh well. I gotta root for em, na'h mean.

I still think when the lakers play at their peak, they're a lot better than Dallas.

Oh god, I opened up the Miley Cyrus thread. What a horrible day this has become.

Yes, I agree that the 2010 lakers were probably better than this dallas team.

Puddles

Banned
WTF is the point of life now?

If the winning had to end, I was hoping we could at least lose to the Spurs or the Thunder. Not the fucking Mavs.

Puddles said:
WTF is the point of life now?

If the winning had to end, I was hoping we could at least lose to the Spurs or the Thunder. Not the fucking Mavs.
Not only that, but we got dismantled by a midget point guard that sounds like there's a cock in his mouth.

By the sound of it. It sounds like a reilo size penis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom