• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddles

Banned
fuck 2009 magic woulda won the trophy this year. peaked at the wrong time :(

edit: i'm not admitting that LA won the 2009 trophy legit. they still lucked out in games 2 and 4. but this year not even their jack ass luck would save them.

Honestly Kobe needs to just fucking take over this shit if they're ever gonna have a chance against the Mavs. We've all seen how the Mavs fold under players that flat out take over games (Roy, Wade) so Kobe needs to be the Kobe of 2-3 years ago. The only question is does he still have it in him to do that.....

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
brandy.jpg

Just imagine this famous singer with Dirk's face wearing a mask of Kobe's face.

i don't get it :(

CherryWoodFuton said:
Honestly Kobe needs to just fucking take over this shit if they're ever gonna have a chance against the Mavs. We've all seen how the Mavs fold under players that flat out take over games (Roy, Wade) so Kobe needs to be the Kobe of 2-3 years ago. The only question is does he still have it in him to do that.....
No. Kobe isn't Michael.

exarkun

sf2fanatic said:
1-19...F'N Sad.....Sad when Thomson clowning them too

When my buddy and I saw Stevenson hit that first three, we were like WTF I didn't know he got playing time. Serious though, Lakers had spurts of good defense and then they just started collapsing on fucking JJ Barea and then you knew the Lakers got hit by a bad case of stupid.

But for real, Lakers-gaf you've been pretty classy except for supreme1 (who I originally thought was a lebron fan) and you don't deserve to go down like this. To the Mavs. Though the mavs are playing very good basketball. Watching Kobe and Dirk answer each other and finally Kobe calling for Dirk the last 4 minutes was great.

Game 3 is gonna be a war. So, so awesome. And guess who just got a ticket a present? Yesssssss.

dream said:
This might be the first thing we've ever agreed on.

Phil leaving the league empty handed as the alzheimers kicks in and he forgets he ever won 10 rings, leaving him with a few more years of regret over blowing this season...that is beautiful.

alzheimers jokes, man? really? I like you dream, don't go there.

exarkun said:
When my buddy and I saw Stevenson hit that first three, we were like WTF I didn't know he got playing time. Serious though, Lakers had spurts of good defense and then they just started collapsing on fucking JJ Barea and then you knew the Lakers got hit by a bad case of stupid.

But for real, Lakers-gaf you've been pretty classy except for supreme1 (who I originally thought was a lebron fan) and you don't deserve to go down like this. To the Mavs. Though the mavs are playing very good basketball. Watching Kobe and Dirk answer each other and finally Kobe calling for Dirk the last 4 minutes are great.

Game 3 is gonna be a war. So, so awesome. And guess who just got a ticket a present? Yesssssss.

Have fun at the game. Cuban should have something exciting for the fans since the Mavs are up 2-0.

Chichikov

obijkenobi said:
No, I think my point is (although yes your point is valid) what the fuck happened to the dude this year? I mean he's had no noticeable injuries and he was playing well in the beginning of the season. I know for some reason Phil Jackson decided to play him 40 minutes a game for a while, but is that really why he just fucking disappeared around the All Star break?
Gotcha.
And I agree.
I just thought it's weird comparing him to Duncan.

JoeFu

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
Have fun at the game. Cuban should have something exciting for the fans since the Mavs are up 2-0.

He's getting a free Mavs shirt, too bad they don't sell Rockets stuff there!

Supposed to be a royal blue out on Friday.

exarkun

sf2fanatic said:

Fuuuuuck Cuban, I ain't no fan. But its closest a rocket fan will get to the postseason this time. *shakes fist*. But yea, my friend works with the front office/player's agents and he said its going to be crazy. Free food tickets and shit. So we'll see. He wanted to get us a suite, but the discounted price for me (he works for an agency that the Mavs get alot of support from) would have been over six hundred. I had to say fuck that and just get a normal ticket.

Edit: I hate you Joefu!

The Stealth Fox said:
I still remember when people were arguing that Pau > Dirk.

I brought that shit up the other day. Just fucking stupid that anyone would think that.

Damn, first time I've ever had a 1000 post on a forum... I'm on here too much.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who said that? dirk is a likely hall of famer. pau is not

There's been quite of people who said that, actually. Most people still said Dirk, but since Gasol got on the Lakers and won a chip, people try to use that as a reasoning for him to be > than Dirk.

exarkun

Black Mamba said:
So, anyone thinks Ron will be suspended?

Thats almost a given. He clotheslined him and then walked off the court. Given his history, Stern would be be on that double standard-ish if he didn't.

The Stealth Fox

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who said that? dirk is a likely hall of famer. pau is not

It came up last year and all the LA fans were like "Oh Dirk's a choker" (which is a lie, his teams choke, but he's never the reason his teams blow, it was always those turds Josh Howard or Jason Terry)

The Stealth Fox said:
It came up last year and all the LA fans were like "Oh Dirk's a choker" (which is a lie, his teams choke, but he's never the reason his teams blow, it was always those turds Josh Howard or Jason Terry)

i guess basing it SOLEY on playoff success gasol is better as he has 2 championships. but as individuals pau isn't even on dirks planet. dirk will go down as one of the best players in NBA history and is also the only reason i posted a decent record in our nba 2k9 xbox 360 league

giri

Black Mamba said:
So, anyone thinks Ron will be suspended?
I haven't seen it, but Jones's foul on pierce was all kneck, and it was upgraded to a flagrant. If rons really was all face? he's probably going to miss a game. Who knows, that might be what shakes/wakes up the lakers

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess basing it SOLEY on playoff success gasol is better as he has 2 championships. but as individuals pau isn't even on dirks planet. dirk will go down as one of the best players in NBA history and is also the only reason i posted a decent record in our nba 2k9 xbox 360 league

Ah... the important things in life.

Should be his epitaph too.

StickSoldier said:
There's been quite of people who said that, actually. Most people still said Dirk, but since Gasol got on the Lakers and won a chip, people try to use that as a reasoning for him to be > than Dirk.

I refuse to believe I live in a world where that argument was made.

diddles said:
fuck 2009 magic woulda won the trophy this year. peaked at the wrong time :(

edit: i'm not admitting that LA won the 2009 trophy legit. they still lucked out in games 2 and 4. but this year not even their jack ass luck would save them.
'09 magic wouldn't have beat the Celtics with KG
they got taken to 7 without him playing :p

Never thought BOTH celtics and lakers would be down 0-2 o_O , well Celtics yes cause they didn't have home court but lakers , rou ouh

pffffff people angry at Ron, guy should get a pass since he won Game 7, dat 3 dagger in my brain forever :(

My top ten players list before the playoffs started was:

Dwight
LeBron
Rose
Durant
Wade
Kobe
Dirk

LMA
Z-bo
Pau

(Smoove dropped for being fat this season)

Don't know what it would be right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom