• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

reilo said:
The worst part about that Ron-Ron hit was Shawn Marion standing there and not coming to Barea's defense.

Was he on the Suns during the Spurs series when Nash got thrown into the scorers table by Robert Horry? Maybe it's his reflex?

Branduil

obijkenobi said:
So Brandy turns on the Mavs, and all of a sudden they are unstoppable. Amazing. But seriously. What's up with Gasol?
You know how sometimes with Siamese twins, one can drain all the life from another sometimes? I think something like that is going on. Pau and Marc are astral twins, and Marc is draining his life force.

Branduil said:
You know how sometimes with Siamese twins, one can drain all the life from another sometimes? I think something like that is going on. Pau and Marc are astral twins, and Marc is draining his life force.

I think it's you. This reverse jinx shit will blow up in your face. Tread lightly, Brandi. Sports gods have a funny way of punishing the heathens.

I warn because i care.

get your stink off my team

do lakers fans flood the radio like over here with the yanks/knicks/mets when they fail?

Yes

dream

BruceLeeRoy said:
Come on Dream lets go roll over to that site. If we sign up now we get stickers.

Look, I do a lot of bad shit. I liveblog Khloe and Lamar for you guys every week. I watch American Idol because a 16 year old girl on the show has the most incredible ass. I believe iPhone is the future of gaming. But there are some things I just won't do. Ponyfucking is one of them. Twilight is the other.

Doomsayer

I love how Kerr kept saying we are sticking with Blake for his defensive prowess, lmao.

Man, I ain't even mad. I'm going to smoke a bowl and play some 2k.

reilo said:
Gasol is about to turn 31, but yeah.

Why the fuck did I think he was only 29? I guess I'm getting old. :/ Well the principle is still the same like you noted. So instead of 30 points, 15 boards, 4-5 blocks, and 3 assists a game, 31 year old Duncan would probably put up 25 points, 13 boards, 4-5 blocks, and 3 assists a game.

You know what we really need?

A Hawks/Mavs final. Joe Johnson vs the team that coveted him at the trade deadline, Dirk vs Josh Smith, Terry vs. Crawford off the bench.

dream said:
Look, I do a lot of bad shit. I liveblog Khloe and Lamar for you guys every week. I watch American Idol because a 16 year old girl on the show has the most incredible ass. I believe iPhone is the future of gaming. But there are some things I just won't do. Ponyfucking is one of them. Twilight is the other.

Our teams are about to go out like bitches. Hold me, buddy. Maybe we can convince the guys to get together for a consolation series.

dream said:

Oh you will be there. I'm saving you a username. Unfortunately most of the dream ones are taken.

Duki

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:

A Hawks/Mavs final. Joe Johnson vs the team that coveted him at the trade deadline, Dirk vs Josh Smith, Terry vs. Crawford off the bench.
i literally fell asleep reading this post

dream said:
This should be in the next OP.

i literally fell asleep reading this post

Anyone who isn't salivating at the idea of Jason Collins vs. Brendan Haywood is worse than 10 Hitlers.

Branduil said:

:lol

Cloudy said:
Cos I was told all year long that he'd be worth the trouble in the playoffs

But our problem is Pau, Ron, and the bench, not Fisher. Fisher always played like this. That didn't hurt them before, it's not hurting them now.

AirBrian

Looking at the Artest play again, it looks like he's just trying to slow JJ down, but since JJ is like 5'6", he meets him in the face instead of the chest. I don't know if he'll get suspended for it.

diehard

Fleer
Watching Artest go out like that was great, you know.. like the bitches they are. Phil is going to go out like the bitch he is too.

Talking about old..Lakers getting burn by one of the oldest guys in the playoffs...And his student is making it look easy too...DWade is loving this....Screw the rest of the Heat...lol

Branduil said:

Yup, it's just like Hancock. Obviously Marc is Will Smith, and Pau is Charlize Theron.

Black Mamba said:
Our teams are about to go out like bitches. Hold me, buddy. Maybe we can convince the guys to get together for a consolation series.

You can come too bro we can write Kobe vs Pierce immortal vampire fic.

Cloudy said:
Where are the Fisher lovers now? And I don't want to hear anyone saying "what about Blake?" If he'd been allowed to play all year, he might have some confidence
Fisher played better than your boy Blake by a mile.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dIEHARD said:
Watching Artest go out like that was great, you know.. like the bitches they are. Phil is going to go out like the bitch he is too.
But Lakers fans kept arguing that Artest was a great person now and super nice and everything.

AirBrian said:
Looking at the Artest play again, it looks like he's just trying to slow JJ down, but since JJ is like 5'6", he meets him in the face instead of the chest. I don't know if he'll get suspended for it.

If the score is <5 yes. Down 10+? Flagrant.

Chichikov

obijkenobi said:
I'm just saying, trade out 29 year old Gasol for 29 year Duncan on this current Laker's squad, and Timmy would be putting up 30 points, 15 boards, 4-5 blocks, and at least 3 assists a game against this Mavs squad.
Is the point you're making is that the best power forward in history is better than Gasol?
Ummm, yeah, I agree.

And if they trade Oscar Robertson for Derek Fisher, what would be his stat line?

;)

dream said:

This made me shoot beer out of my nose.

giri

Sho_Nuff82 said:

It'll be even better because the mavs will get caron back by then

exarkun

hey laker-gaf...just got back from the bar and...lulz

How many threes did you guys miss tonight? Just wondering. I have no idea why they started to just chuck, but then I realized through the third quarter that the Mavs were actually playing defense. The game was called pretty well, kind of rough and I liked it.

And the Artest Arm-Bar. Still love da warrier though. Rocket 4-evah.

reilo

giri said:
It'll be even better because the mavs will get caron back by then
lol Caron needs to get used to being out for another six months. That dude is nuts if he thinks he's playing this season.

exarkun said:

How many threes did you guys miss tonight? Just wondering. I have no idea why they started to just chuck, but then I realized through the third quarter that the Mavs were actually playing defense. The game was called pretty well, kind of rough and I liked it.

1-19...F'N Sad.....Sad when Thomson clowning them too

reilo said:
But Lakers fans kept arguing that Artest was a great person now and super nice and everything.

sigh. no, we argued the award relates to charity work OFF the court. Why is it so difficult to understand?

Jeff-DSA

reilo said:

Nice guys knee their friends in the balls and punch other people in the face. Only the nicest do both at the same time.

dream

dIEHARD said:

This might be the first thing we've ever agreed on.

Phil leaving the league empty handed as the alzheimers kicks in and he forgets he ever won 10 rings, leaving him with a few more years of regret over blowing this season...that is beautiful.

exarkun said:

Well its was working for the Mavs so they figured ehh why not.

dream said:
This might be the first thing we've ever agreed on.

Phil leaving the league empty handed as the alzheimers kicks in and he forgets he ever won 10 rings, leaving him with a few more years of regret over blowing this season...that is beautiful.

hahaha that is some cold shit bro.

Zep said:
do lakers fans flood the radio like over here with the yanks/knicks/mets when they fail?

Yes.

I've heard some pretty strange conversations. Particularly in the finals last year when the radio hosts were entertaining the questions of an old hispanic lady that barely spoke english. lol

AirBrian said:
I agree it's a flagrant and unnecessary, just not as bad as it initially looked.

I just watched replay on TNT. It was pretty much all face. Was it intentional? No. Was it incredibly fucking stupid? Yes.

The NBA will want to protect the players. So that will net the suspension.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
sigh. no, we argued the award relates to charity work OFF the court. Why is it so difficult to understand?
Because he's still a dumbass that does stupid shit to purposefully harm people.

Chichikov said:
Is the point you're making is that the best power forward in history is better than Gasol?
Ummm, yeah, I agree.

And if they trade Oscar Robertson for Derek Fisher, what would be his stat line?

;)

No, I think my point is (although yes your point is valid) what the fuck happened to the dude this year? I mean he's had no noticeable injuries and he was playing well in the beginning of the season. I know for some reason Phil Jackson decided to play him 40 minutes a game for a while, but is that really why he just fucking disappeared around the All Star break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom